Awoo.

ARTWORK: Gregzilla's Art Topic of Art

Gregzilla

Ahoy! I make original cartoon characters and occasional fanart. I want to work in TV cartoons and/or graphic novels, so this is just a place I'll put my art to get some feedback and exposure. I have a variety of influences, so my art tends to combine aspects of Western and Japanese cartoon techniques. Hope you enjoy! 'Cuz if you don't then leave. Right now. Like, I don't wanna see your face 'round these parts.

better-greg-logo1.png

More pics can be found throughout the topic.

Enjoy the 'toons! If ya like my style,check out my website, which I will update more often than this post.
http://gregtoonz.wordpress.com/
post-3323-0-10011100-1334429016_thumb.pn

Edited by Gregzilla
  • Thumbs Up 6

Oh man I really do enjoy these pieces. You've got a very unique sort of western style (which is rather refreshing), and your expressions are wonderful!

• Thumbs Up 2

Thanks! :D I definitely absorb a lot of inspiration from cartoons. Some of my drawings actually end up being Japan-influenced. In fact, I'd say the second drawing is kinda like a kid from Codename: Kids Next Door doing a Sonic-ish pose xD Glad ya like 'em!

This is the coolest thing in the Art section I've seen in a while. Definitely looks like cartoon work. You should consider that for a part-time career or something :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks! I eventually want to have a career in animation at some point. I'm only 16 at the moment, but you can never start too early. Best-case scenario I get my own TV cartoon series, which I'm gonna work on with dedication.

Actually, best-case scenario is getting my own cartoon and living in a mansion made out of chocolate with a macaroni n' cheese swimming pool with 28 hot actress wives and a pet elephant, but I'm taking things one step at a time.

• Thumbs Up 3

Dude this stuff is awesome. I love it. :D

Oh and didn't you have an old art topic? I could've sworn you did....

• Thumbs Up 1

I haven't made an art topic here until today. But I did post one drawing in the 30 Day challenge topic, and I have a music topic. Glad you like the drawings! smile.png

Eh, I'll throw one more character here tonight.

post-3323-0-34155500-1333940677_thumb.pn

That pose is totally not Sonic-inspired. Nope.

• Thumbs Up 3

WORK IN PROGRESS:

post-3323-0-72550800-1334198031_thumb.jp

Also, exciting news for me (and you, if ya like my stuff happy.png) : tomorrow I am getting a Wacom Cintiq tablet! For those who don't know, that is a digital drawing tablet with a screen built-in, which many professional artists use.

So once that happens, my digital drawing will improve.

And I can get to work digitally remastering this robot!

UPDATE 4/14/12 - Digital remastering the robot with Cintiq, part 1!

post-3323-0-88205300-1334455155_thumb.pn

Edited by Gregzilla
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 pics!

Firstly, I found this lying around on my flash drive. It appears to be the early stages of a redesign of the Cacodemon from DOOM. Maybe I'll finish it one of these days, those teeth are driving me crazy.

post-3323-0-67465000-1334473289_thumb.jp

And second, the final product of my robot picture, which I have affectionately dubbed Mr. Killer Robot Thing Guy Man.

post-3323-0-81947900-1334473356_thumb.pn

post-3323-0-67465000-1334473289_thumb.jp

post-3323-0-81947900-1334473356_thumb.pn

• Thumbs Up 1

Couple new drawin's.

post-3323-0-36597100-1335048887_thumb.pn

This is a doodle I did in about an hour, and it was the subject of my first speed drawing video!

And here's a pic I did to make a new representation of myself.

post-3323-0-14525600-1335049196_thumb.pn

It ended up kinda looking like a book cover. MAYBE SOMEDAY.

• 3 weeks later...

Getting into the good habit of actually giving my drawings backgrounds.

Here's another speed drawing (which you can see a better view of the final product at www.gregtoonz.wordpress.com ) SHMOWZOW

And here is a drawing of mah main gurl, Sammeh.

post-3323-0-53580000-1336349695_thumb.pn

I'm not great at hair (or rocky terrain, apparently), but the lava was especially fun.

Lemme know what ya think!

post-3323-0-53580000-1336349695_thumb.pn

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 months later...

Slightly old pic of Ridley to go along with my Samus pic:

ridley-test2.png

And here's a new original character!

rebb2.png?w=593&h=889

This here's Rebb. I plan to make a webcomic and/or graphic novel about this guy. I won't give away any details, but lemme know what you think of the design! I wanted to make a somewhat "ugly" character that still seemed appealing and sorta cute. Like he could appear on a T-shirt. Right next to some GIR merchandise.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

This is a very nicely done drawing, but I can't help but to think his torso is disproportionate. But compared to your other stuff, the art itself is quite an improvement.

• Thumbs Up 1

I kinda rushed the proportions. I always feel like I take too long figuring out the basic shapes, so I just wanted to get started adding the details. Plus I drew the mask first, so that kinda made it difficult to make the rest seem properly shaped.

I was just really excited to draw Skull Kid and wanted to get it out of my system, so it may have been a bit rushed. I'm gonna try to improve my methods in the future. Glad ya like it though! Constructive criticism always helps.

dead-hand1.png

Zelda Drawing #2 - Dead Hand

Having trouble staying awake?

NOPE DEAD HAND

Edited by Gregzilla

why_i_don__t_particularly_care_for_skyward_sword_by_gregzilla14-d59p3x1.png

One more Zeldurr drawing. This one's gotten a slightly bigger response on my deviantART compared to my other stuff. I guess people just love some Zelda opinions. I'm probably gonna take a break from Zelda drawings now.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope posting this on this website isn't blasphemy.

mario-enemies-final.jpg

Edited by Gregzilla
  • Thumbs Up 4

I love it, may I have some alone time with it?

Edited by Solid Winston
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks! It makes me so happy when others like my style. Brightens up my day that much more. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't know

Thanks! It makes me so happy when others like my style. Brightens up my day that much more. biggrin.png

Add me to the list of liking your style too...I didn't know that you draw, Gregzilla!

Nice stuff you have here! I love how bright and colorful your drawings are, the characters' expressions are very lively. Keep up the good work! smile.png

• Thumbs Up 1