Awoo.

Ken Penders Scrapped Sonic Movie

DaddlerTheDalek

Eew.

I wonder if I'm the only person who finds Encycolpedia Dramatica and Uncyclopedia really, really crappy.

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm starting to think that Ken Penders deserves his own Encyclopedic Dramatica page.

Dude, I don't mean to fan rage here, but why the **** does Espio have orange shoes?

They're supposed to be Green and Black.

Dude, I don't mean to fan rage here, but why the **** does Espio have orange shoes?

They're supposed to be Green and Black.

There's all that shit on the page, and the first thing you notice is that?!

You're almost as bad as me noting that Vector's socks and belt are supposed to be yellow and his headphones blue!

You know, the lot of you may hate me for this, but I actually enjoy the Archie thing, along with the Freedom Fighter Sonic. I just think it's pretty cool. Though, robotizing is completely impossible. But hey, so is a two-tailed fox flying.

It really isn't a bad idea, just look at SaTaM, that was awesome. It's just that nobody besides Archie comics is executing it too well. The first failed attempt I heard was Rich Kuta, who was close but Sega of Japan said no, and now Ken Penders, whose artwork belong in a hobo's pissing pail...

I'm starting to think that Ken Penders deserves his own Encyclopedic Dramatica page.

• Thumbs Up 7

Didn't this pitch cost Ben Hurst his movie pitch? I think that summed up my feelings.

Edited by VisionaryBlur

Didn't this pitch cost Ben Hurst his movie pitch? I think that summed up my feelings.

Yep Penders pretty much screwed Ben Hurst over. One rumor is that Penders wanted to make a Knuckles Echidna movie, but he felt threated by Hurst Satam movie, so he betrayed Hurst.

Look when I found.

In the early 2000s, wind was caught of lead writer Ken Penders' alleged attempt to get an animated feature film centered around Knuckles the Echidna into development, the key studio of choice being Dreamworks SKG. His proposals were rejected (according to Penders) not out of disinterest, but due to severe legal complications regarding the copyrights to any Sonic characters developed in connection to the license by any party, which are said to essentially render the story thus far created through the intertwining roles of Japanese and American-conceived characters and concepts entirely limited to the media in which they first appeared—in this case, the Archie comic book series. (It is believed that this same snaggle is the reason for Sonic's suspiciously unnamed home planet featured in Sonic X.) To this day, it is supposed that, due to these complications, Sonic and his friends will never grace the big screen in any form not sanctioned by Sega of Japan in whatever form they choose, and the odds that elements originating from the pages of Archie, including such central elements as the Dark Legion in this case, are extremely slim due to the same set of circumstances.

In a self-published article, Mr. Penders mentioned that the film proposed would have been an animated feature, though whether the animation would have been traditional or computer-generated is unknown.

Edited by Vampfox

Yep Penders pretty much screwed Ben Hurst over. One rumor is that Penders wanted to make a Knuckles Echidna movie, but he felt threated by Hurst Satam movie, so he betrayed Hurst.

Then I heard about it (it was 2011) I was very VERY VERY upset about this...

Oh Penders. What have you done... sleep.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Whether Hurst ideas are good or not is open to debate, but unlike Penders, Hurst was a nice person who was respectful to the fans unlike Penders who acts like he was the one who created Sonic & Knuckles.

Edited by Vampfox
  • Thumbs Up 8

There's all that shit on the page, and the first thing you notice is that?!

You're almost as bad as me noting that Vector's socks and belt are supposed to be yellow and his headphones blue!

..All I said were why are Espio's shoes orange, and you compare me to how bad I am with something else? Seriously?

Get over it, dude. It was a question. And excuse me for not commenting on al that other "shit" that was on the page, not like I had the time to disect each and every freaking thing in he image.

..All I said were why are Espio's shoes orange, and you compare me to how bad I am with something else? Seriously?

Get over it, dude. It was a question. And excuse me for not commenting on al that other "shit" that was on the page, not like I had the time to disect each and every freaking thing in he image.

It was a joke. :/

It was a joke. :/

Oh, I'm sorry. As you can see, I'm terrible when it comes to detecting sarcasm or jokes. All apologies.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't Sonic also have a house in Sonic Battle as well? (if I remember correctly, haven't played that in a while)

No, but Tails and Amy do.

Am I the only one that thought seeing this topic being bumped up meant an update to the Ken Penders shenanigans?

I am disappointed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry, no more copyright shenanigans to report. His lackey's just being delusional about being accepted into SoA and them taking control over SoJ again (apparently, they're basing the original stuff based on what SEGA did in the 1950s-1970s), t'is all.

Edited by VEDJ-F

It becomes funnier if you envisage Sally's one-finger salute as being directed at the way her character was slaughtered in Archie courtesy of Penders (Though Bollers was also responsible).

• Thumbs Up 1

*insert huge Take That artwork here*

That is all.

Doesn't this seem to be a tad mean-spirited towards the guy? I mean, I don't have much respect for the guy, either, but come on now...

^ People have been calling this guy all kinds of names for years, some of that ire exhibited in this very topic. I don't think a picture of this caliber is entirely out of bounds, although I personally couldn't spend hours of my life constructing something dedicated to someone I hated. If nothing else, the bigger the tool I deemed them to be, the more I'd attempt to ignore them.

Don't see a problem with the picture. I doubt the artist really wants to push Penders off a building, it's just a visual representation of disliking the guy. Basically what we all do on a regular basis, but in image form.

• Thumbs Up 1