Awoo.

Marvel Cinematic Multiverse | Official Thread For Movies and D+ Shows

Jacky

Requesting a topic title update.

X-men Days of Future past trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK2zYHWDZKo

• 2 weeks later...

whoa whoa whoa, Superhero TV shows incoming! only on Netflix though

http://screenrant.com/marvel-netflix-deal-tv-shows-daredevil-luke-cage-iron-fist-jessica-jones/all/1/

Just yesterday we again discussed the topic of crossover potential between superheroes from Marvel Studios’ slate of films with other popular heroes owned by rival studios Fox and Sony. For Marvel, there’s admittedly no rush to join forces with other studios since they have a vast library of Marvel Comics characters and stories to tap into first. Today we see exactly what they mean.

In the film business, Marvel Studios accomplished something never before seen, building a shared cinematic universe with a series of interconnected films beginning with 2008′s Iron Man and big screen team-ups (The Avengers). On the television side, they’re attempting to push the envelope as well with Marvel TV signing a landmark agreement with Netflix.

Confirming a report from three weeks ago indicating that Marvel is developing four TV shows and a miniseries (a total of 60 potential episodes) and pitching it to various networks, Disney-Marvel and Netflix have joined forces for exactly this. In what’s described as an “unprecedented deal,” Netflix is expanding their partnership with Disney after signing an agreement last year for first-run rights to their movies in the U.S. beginning in 2016 – which does of course include Marvel Studios properties and whatever’s in the pipeline from newer acquisition Lucasfilm.

The new deal will see Netflix exclusively airing original Marvel live-action TV programming based in the “gritty world of heroes and villains of Hell’s Kitchen, New York.” This will begin in 2015 with Daredevil, an intellectual property reacquired by Marvel Studios from Twentieth Century Fox last year. Jessica Jones, previously talked about as a potential ABC series, is next on the list, followed by other fan-favorite characters in Iron Fist and Luke Cage.

heroes-for-hire-iron-fist-luke-cage-ray-

Iron Fist and Luke Cage are Heroes for Hire

In addition to the four series, the agreement will also see a live-action miniseries TV event based around The Defenders which could potentially bring together the above-mentioned characters along with heroes from the films, assuming they – like Agents of SHIELD – take place in the same universe which they likely will. Alan Fine, President of Marvel Entertainment:

“This deal is unparalleled in its scope and size, and reinforces our commitment to deliver Marvel’s brand, content and characters across all platforms of storytelling. Netflix offers an incredible platform for the kind of rich storytelling that is Marvel’s specialty. This serialized epic expands the narrative possibilities of on-demand television and gives fans the flexibility to immerse themselves how and when they want in what’s sure to be a thrilling and engaging adventure.”

Fine’s words confirm that just like other original Netflix programming, these shows will offer the unique benefit of allowing viewers to watch all episode of a season/series in one marathon-style sitting. Unlike on ABC with Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD, each season doesn’t need to be a full 20+ episodes stretched out over an extended period of time, weaving in and out of the continuity of the films. An episode of Agents of SHIELD coming later this month, as an example, is based on the aftermath of the events in Thor: The Dark World and rumor has it the show’s final episodes will directly tie into next April’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

-

Page 2: The Number of Episodes & The Defenders Miniseries

-

–~~~~~~~~~~~~–

marvel-logo-wallpaper-570x307.jpg

The shorter seasons will feature 13 episodes and in addition to viewers not having to watch commercials during the episodes, arguably the most important benefit is for the creators. They will not be tightly restricted by film continuity and on Netflix they can offer more adult-focused programming for characters and stories that may not work as well for the family-friendly ABC demographics. Since the shows will embrace shorter, pre-planned story arcs, they may even have access to higher profile talent than they would otherwise on serialized television on traditional networks. We’re thinking (and hoping) for something like House of Cards but with superheroes.

jessica-jones.jpg

Jessica Jones

What’s most interesting about the chosen characters from Marvel’s Hell’s Kitchen, is in how connected they are. Luke Cage and Jessica Jones fall in love, have a child and get married in the books. Cage and Iron Fist often team-up, forming the Heroes for Hire together. Cage and Daredevil (real name: Matt Murdock) are good friends and Iron Fist (real name: Danny Rand) has even suited up as Daredevil himself. Jessica Jones serves as Murdock’s bodyguard when he’s not suited up. Expect all of these shows to interconnect.

As for The Defenders, a team featuring a rotating roster of characters over the last few decades in Marvel Comics, it’s possible that Marvel’s feature film heroes including the still-to-be-introduced Ant-Man and Doctor Strange, possibly even Mark Ruffalo’s Hulk, could work together with characters from the Netflix Marvel shows. It just depends how ambitious and how “big” Marvel wants to take their growing universe. We only know from the official announcement that the miniseries will “reimagine” the heroic “dream team.”

Which character(s) are you most excited about?

• Thumbs Up 2

This is an excellent idea, you know why? A mini-series doesn't have to worry about filling episodes and can create a fully focused storyline. It's a great format to develop a plot without unecessary bullshit. A lot of potential in here.

This is an excellent idea, you know why? A mini-series doesn't have to worry about filling episodes and can create a fully focused storyline. It's a great format to develop a plot without unecessary bullshit. A lot of potential in here.

umm you mixed it up slightly, its all on Netflix, but there are going to be 4 full SERIES (13 episodes a season), and 1 mini-series based on the defenders 4 episodes long

Why didn't anyone tell me this was here? I am a huge Comic fan! I also think that Age of Ultron will be better than the avengers, because I didn't think the avengers was that good IMO. I mean its a good movie, but ever since firefly Joss Whedon has never wanted to stop making Firefly. But age of Ultron looks cool because Ultron is my Favorite Avengers Villain. Ultron is the perfect villain especially if they want to keep on building Thanos up. I do wish that Dr. Doom was the next villain because Ultron may be my favorite Avengers villain, but Doom is my all time favorite Villain EVAR!!!!!!!!!! But after the two really, really bad Fantastic 4 movies I don't know how Joss will handle him... Let me guess, he won't be anything like Doom in the comics... But I still feel that AOU will be really cool, especially if James MF Spader plays him.. He should also play Brainiac... 

• 4 weeks later...

Bryan Singer has confirmed the title for the next X-Men movie... yes thats right, Days of Futures past isn't out yet and already they have the next one in mind...

The next X-Men movie is...

apocalypse.jpg

X-Men: Apocalypse

Said to be coming May 2016.

https://twitter.com/BryanSinger/status/408707930116980736

Don't a lot of movies do this? A film isn't out and they are think of a sequel or continuation?

Bryan Singer has confirmed the title for the next X-Men movie... yes thats right, Days of Futures past isn't out yet and already they have the next one in mind...

The next X-Men movie is...

apocalypse.jpg

X-Men: Apocalypse

Said to be coming May 2016.

https://twitter.com/BryanSinger/status/408707930116980736

The X-Men movies aren't part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Why didn't anyone tell me this was here? I am a huge Comic fan! I also think that Age of Ultron will be better than the avengers, because I didn't think the avengers was that good IMO. I mean its a good movie, but ever since firefly Joss Whedon has never wanted to stop making Firefly. But age of Ultron looks cool because Ultron is my Favorite Avengers Villain. Ultron is the perfect villain especially if they want to keep on building Thanos up. I do wish that Dr. Doom was the next villain because Ultron may be my favorite Avengers villain, but Doom is my all time favorite Villain EVAR!!!!!!!!!! But after the two really, really bad Fantastic 4 movies I don't know how Joss will handle him... Let me guess, he won't be anything like Doom in the comics... But I still feel that AOU will be really cool, especially if James MF Spader plays him.. He should also play Brainiac...

Fantastic Four and Doom won't be in the MCU. Fox owns the movie license.

• 2 weeks later...

We have an Ant-Man.

Don't know much about Paul Rudd, heard he is mostly known for comedies and I heard that Ant-Man is going to be a bit comedy based so I guess that fits, I await to see his performance.

Plus, Edgar Wright, man, that dude is an awesome director.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

First images of Guardians of the galaxy!
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Guardians-Galaxy-Releases-First-Official-Still-Get-Know-Team-40905.html

Guardians Of The Galaxy Releases First Official Still, Get To Know The Team
Author: Eric Eisenberg| published: December 31, 2013 2:12pm PST
_1388527819.jpg

Ever since Marvel Studios announced Guardians of the Galaxy at San Diego Comic-Con in 2012, they've done a good job of teasing us with some really cool concept art, but that's about it. Production on the movie wrapped up this fall, but while director James Gunn occasionally posted pictures of himself feeding raccoons or holding up wrestling belts on the set , nothing from the actual movie has ever been officially published publicly. That is, until today.

The film's director has taken to his Twitter account to post the first ever real look at Guardians of the Galaxy. Very similar to the concept art that was released this past summer and seemingly taken directly from the footage that was shown in Hall H during the Marvel Studios panel at this summer's Comic-Con, the image has the titular team in a criminal lineup (at one point in the movie the group all find themselves in prison together). As you can see by clicking on the still and seeing it in high-res, none of them are very happy to be there.

With the film still about eight months away from its August 1st release date there are still some pretty big pockets of the movie-going audience who know absolutely nothing about who these characters are, so allow me to help out by breaking it down.

_1388527827.jpg

First up on the far left side of the image we have Gamora, a badass green alien played by Zoe Saldana. As the actress explained on the panel at San Diego Comic-Con in July, the character is a hardcore assassin and possesses great strength, agility and speed. She is an adopted daughter of the evil Thanos – the big purple dude featured in the end credits of Joss Whedon’s The Avengers - but starts a new life for herself with the Guardians of the Galaxy fighting with the good guys.

_1388527838.jpg

Next up we have Peter Quill a.k.a Star-Lord, played by Parks and Recreation’s Chris Pratt. Despite his looks, he is actually half human and half alien, and when he was a kid he was taken away from Earth and never looked back. He spends his days trying to be a Han Solo-type smuggler, but, like Gamora, finds a new path thanks to his new group of friends.

_1388527848.jpg

Rocket Raccoon may be a lot shorter than his Guardians of the Galaxy teammates, but underestimating him would be a big mistake. Voiced by Bradley Cooper, Rocket is one of a kind, as he was just a normal raccoon before being kidnapped and undergoing experimental medical treatments. As his name implies, he is he is a big fan of explosions and weaponry, and of all the members in the group his closest bond is with Groot (who we will talk more about in a bit.

_1388527855.jpg

This mountain of alien muscle is Drax The Destroyer, played by wrestler Dave Bautista. In the comics the character began his life as an ordinary human named Arthur Douglas who saw his entire family killed at the hands of Thanos. Needing somebody to help fight the evil titan, a cosmic energy known as Kronos takes Douglas’ spirit and puts it into a powerful alien body. He’s not only incredibly strong, but can also do some serious damage with a knife.

_1388527866.jpg

Finally we’ve arrived at Groot. If you look at this character and think to yourself, "Man, that looks like a walking tree," then you have some very sharp instincts. Groot is an alien of the species Flora colossus, and is the strongest member of the Guardians of the Galaxy. He has the ability to change his size and can absorb wood to become even stronger than he is naturally. He also has genius-level intelligence, though it’s a bit difficult to find that out given that he only has the ability to say "I am Groot" (probably not the biggest challenge for Vin Diesel, who is voicing the character).

In all probability we won’t get to see a Guardians of the Galaxy trailer until Captain America: The Winter Soldier comes out in April, but we’re keeping our fingers crossed that Marvel will give us something sooner rather than later. Read the new official plot synopsis below!

From Marvel, the studio that brought you the blockbuster franchises of
Iron Man
Thor
Captain America
and
The Avengers
, comes a new team - the Guardians of the Galaxy. An action-packed epic space adventure, Marvel's
Guardians of the Galaxy
expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe. Th evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits - Rocket, a gun loving raccoon, Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Peter discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand - with the galaxy's fate in the balance. Marvel's
Guardians of the Galaxy
is presented by Marvel Studios. The film releases August 1, 2014, and is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.

• Thumbs Up 1

Only Marvel movies I like are the Spiderman ones...yeah, not a big Marvel fan in general BUT

This actually really intrigues me. I've never read the comics nor do I think I ever will, but to me this sounds like a mixture of Star Wars and Mass Effect. It sounds great! Can't wait for the trailer, if it looks any good I might go and see it. :3

Not sure though about Bradley Cooper voicing Rocket Raccoon though (this character sounds awesome btw XD). Could be wrong, but isn't he supposed to be British? Should've gotten Eddie Izzard to voice him.

Only Marvel movies I like are the Spiderman ones...yeah, not a big Marvel fan in general BUT

This actually really intrigues me. I've never read the comics nor do I think I ever will, but to me this sounds like a mixture of Star Wars and Mass Effect. It sounds great! Can't wait for the trailer, if it looks any good I might go and see it. :3

Not sure though about Bradley Cooper voicing Rocket Raccoon though (this character sounds awesome btw XD). Could be wrong, but isn't he supposed to be British? Should've gotten Eddie Izzard to voice him.

Generaly Cockney yes, however he has shown he can do an EXTREMELY wide array of voices, and I think he could pull even that off

• 2 weeks later...

new one shot: "All Hail the King" is about trevor slattery in prison

http://screenrant.com/marvel-short-ben-kingsley-all-hail-the-king/#comments

Marvel’s ‘All Hail the King’ Short Images & Details Confirm Ben Kingsley’s Return

Published by H. Shaw-Williams

Ben-Kingsley-as-the-Mandarin-in-Iron-Man

[Warning: The following article contains SPOILERS for Iron Man 3]

In the long, cold wait between Thor: The Dark World and Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Marvel is planning to warm things up with the release of another One-Shot set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. As Iron Man 3 star Ben Kingsley let slip last year with a tease, “All Hail the King” will feature the return of “the Mandarin” and reveal where he ended up in the aftermath of the film.

“All Hail the King” will tread on some sensitive territory from Iron Man 3. In a twist that left many Marvel fans seething, Tony Stark discovered that the fearsome leader of the Ten Rings terrorist group was actually just a washed-up, drug-addled British actor called Trevor Slattery who had been playing the role at the behest of Dr. Aldrich Killian. True to Tony’s threats, Slattery is forced answer for his involvement in the Extremis plot and “All Hail the King” finds him doing just that.

EW has the first images from “All Hail the King” and an outline of the plot for the short. If you’d prefer to go into it completely blind then you may want to stop reading. Otherwise, here is Trevor Slattery enjoying his newfound criminal celebrity from the comfort of Seagate Prison.

Ben-Kingsley-as-Trevor-Slattery-in-All-H

“All Hail the King” was written and directed by Iron Man 3 screenwriter Drew Pearce, and catches up with Trevor in his new life behind the walls of Seagate Prison, being interviewed by a documentary filmmaker (Scoot McNairy) who is putting together a feature about the most recent adventures of Iron Man. According to Pearce, Trevor is living his own version of the high life:

“When we find Trevor at the beginning of this short, other than Tony, he’s the only one out of
Iron Man 3
to get what he wanted. And even though he was arrested and beat up and had guns pointed at him, now he’s the celebrity that he always wanted to be and he loves it. He absolutely loves it. He is living a somewhat curtailed version of the celebrity life, but he’s also leading arguably a better life than he did when he was living with, like, four other actors at the age of 52 in some bedsit in the south of London. That’s the other fun thing about the starting point is that when we meet Trevor in the short, Trevor won. The Mandarin didn’t, but Trevor in his own way was victorious.”

Ben-Kingsley-in-Marvel-One-Shot-All-Hail

But Trevor might not find himself on Easy Street for too much longer. Early rumors about the plot of “All Hail the King” stated that it be about the real Mandarin seeking retribution against Trevor for stealing his name and making a mockery of it, and a version of that is apparently true. While the Mandarin may have been a fake, the Ten Rings terrorist group is apparently real and is very unhappy about the events of Iron Man 3. Pearce explains:

“Imagine a real terrorist organization whose beliefs were long held and religious for thousands of years, and imagine a drunk, British actor coming along and essentially telling the world that he’s the face of your organization. I think they would be right to be quite angry.

“There’s lots of exposition in lots of different cuts of
Iron Man 3
that, in the end, kind of got snubbed out. It’s kind of said in
Iron Man 3
but very briefly, Aldrich essentially took a thing that was real, historically real and culturally real, and co-opted it for his own means — essentially co-opting an ancient terrorist concept. What [
All Hail the King
] does is show that everything in
Iron Man
1 [involving the terrorist group] was canon all along any way.”

Trevor-meets-the-press-in-All-Hail-the-K

This could mean that the real Mandarin will show up in “All Hail the King,” or it could simply be that the real version of The Ten Rings does not have a Mandarin at all. Either way, this seems like a good opportunity for some meta-commentary about the furore that broke out following the release of Iron Man 3. The introduction of Trevor was definitely one of the most divisive moments in cinema last year and people are still talking about it, so it will be interesting to see if “All Hail the King” soothes or reinvigorates the controversy.

There are a few other particularly interesting snippets to be gleaned from the interview, including the fact that “All Hail the King” will include some other previously established characters from the Marvel cinematic universe. Perhaps Trevor is banged up alongside other defeated bad guys, either from the films or from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. There’s also the possibility that the One-Shot will drop hints for future movie plotlines.

Ben-Kingsley-in-All-Hail-the-King-570x23

Pearce hints that “All Hail the King” will be worth watching for Marvel fans who enjoy speculating about the future of the shared universe, promising that, “by the end of the short, there are definitely a lot of exciting other places that are brought up in it that could then go in the Marvel universe.” These lends credence to the idea of there being potential new villains in Seagate, or of The Ten Rings perhaps making a return in Iron Man 4 and (maybe, just maybe) a real version of the Mandarin showing up.

_____

All Hail the King will be available on the Blu-ray and DVD release of Thor: The Dark World, on February 25, 2014.

• Thumbs Up 1

So apperently not only is Paul Rudd Antman, but so is Michael Douglas, so to steal an antman plotline confirmed

(they are Scott Lang, and Henry Pym respectively)

http://screenrant.com/ant-man-michael-douglas-hank-pym/

Michael Douglas is Playing Hank Pym in Marvel’s ‘Ant-Man’

Published by Rob Keyes

Michael-Douglas-in-Wall-Street-2.jpg

When we interviewed Marvel Studios President of Production Kevin Feige last year, he promised us that by the end of 2013, we’d finally get some casting confirmations from the studio regarding a few key unannounced characters, one of them being the lead of their first Phase 3 film - Ant-Man. After weeks of rumors and reports – and seemingly an epic workout regiment – putting Paul Rudd on the radar, Marvel made it official. Rudd is Marvel’s and director Edgar Wright’s Ant-Man.

When Rudd’s name first starting making headlines however, he wasn’t the only star apparently in consideration. Joseph Gordon-Levitt was also associated with the project and we theorized that Wright might be looking at multiple actors not for the same lead role, but different ones since in Marvel Comics there are three different men who have assumed the role of Ant-Man. Well, wouldn’t you know it, Marvel just cast another Ant-Man.

Moments ago, Marvel made it official that multiple Academy Award winner Michael Douglas (Wall Street) will play genius scientist and one-time Avenger Hank Pym in Ant-Man, coming summer 2015. Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige on the casting:

“With Hank Pym’s rich history in the Marvel Universe, we knew we needed an actor capable of bringing the weight and stature to the role that the character deserves. We felt incredibly relieved when Michael Douglas agreed to step into the part with the charm and fortitude he brings to every character he inhabits, and couldn’t be more excited to see what he will do to bring Hank Pym to life.”

More than any other Marvel Studios production to introduce a new solo character, Ant-Man is seemingly relying on established and bankable talent – not too much of a surprise considering the risk and obscurity associated with the Ant-Man character. This is a film that only exists because of Edgar Wright, says Feige to us on numerous occasions, but they’re doing everything they can to put it in the eyes of potential moviegoers.

Ant-Man-Movie-Costume-Helmet.jpg

Douglas joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe is intriguing, especially considering his age, but the more interesting discussion to be had is what his casting means for the franchise as whole. Douglas is Hank Pym, the first Ant-Man who in the comics, created the technology behind the ability to shrink and become giant. But the news also comes with confirmation that Paul Rudd is playing Scott Lang. This makes sense considering Edgar Wright’s recent Ant-Man hints and teases.

Variety posted an exclusive describing Douglas’ character as a villain, but according to that writer’s Twitter, that was before Marvel made the official announcement that he’s playing Pym. That part was cut from their article without an update. While we wouldn’t put it past Marvel Studios to do something like that and have Pym be a villain (see: Iron Man 3′s Mandarin) for the sake of a twist, we’ll stick with the official news and assume Hank Pym is Hank Pym, just a much older version of him.

Since the Ant-Man movie is telling a new origin story for the character, we can assume that Michael Douglas is a scientist – perhaps for S.H.I.E.L.D. or another familiar Marvel organization (A.I.M.) – who discovers a chemical or invents technology that allows its user to change in size, small (Ant-Man) or large (Giant Man). Since Edgar Wright has described his script as a ”high-tech spy heist film,” Scott Lang may steal it from him for personal reasons (in the comics, he steals it to save his daughter by using it to perform another heist). That story is full of heart and charm since he’s a criminal but for the right reasons. Lang isn’t evil and Pym sees that, eventually giving him the Ant-Man suit and tech. Lang later becomes an Avenger so we expect that to occur come The Avengers 3.

Our question now becomes whether or not Pym’s helmet creation can actually control ants in the cinematic universe. And what does this mean for Pym’s wife in the comics, Janet van Dyne? Let us know your thoughts and theories!

More: Ant-Man Embraces Edgar Wright’s Style

Captain America: The Winter Soldier hits theaters on April 4, 2014, Guardians of the Galaxy on August 1, 2014, The Avengers: Age of Ultron on May 1, 2015, Ant-Man on July 31, 2015, and unannounced films for May 6 2016, July 8 2016 and May 5 2017.

Follow Rob on Twitter @rob_keyes for your Marvel movie news!

Source: Marvel

Oh and I guess this means the suit will proably have 60's/70s/ or even 80's influences, and thats an up

• Thumbs Up 1

I seriously hope that marvel won't make pym into a villian

He won't be. The Variety reporter who said that retracted it and said it was a mistake on twitter.

He won't be. The Variety reporter who said that retracted it and said it was a mistake on twitter.

Well that's a relief

We're getting Baron Von Strucker!!!! oh YA

http://screenrant.com/avengers-2-villain-thomas-kretschmann/

Thomas Kretschmann Will Play Second ‘Avengers 2′ Villain

Published by Rob Keyes

The-Avengers-2-Baron-Wolfgang-von-Struck

While this week’s barrage of Marvel movie casting rumors and reports have focused in on Ant-Man, the second project entering production this year for Marvel Studios is their biggest one to date: The Avengers: Age of Ultron. The sequel to the third largest grossing film of all-time brings back the heroes from the first team-up but aims to shake things up with multiple new villains.

James Spader (The Blacklist) was cast as the evil artificial intelligence known as Ultron early in The Avengers 2 process and more recently we learned that writer and director Joss Whedon and co. are on the search for someone to possibly play Baron Wolfgang von Strucker. German actor Thomas Kretschmann is that someone.

THR has the scoop that Kretschmann, who currently plays Abraham Van Helsing in NBC’s Dracula TV series (Marvel must love NBC primetime), has joined the large cast of The Avengers 2 as another key villain. It had been previously rumored that Marvel was interested in Dougray Scott (Mission: Impossible II) and Marton Csokas (Sin City: A Dame to Kill For) for the part, a male actor in their forties, but it seems they’ve chosen a German-born actor to play a character who fought for Germany in WWII. That is, in Marvel Comics.

We know in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, at least a few characters from the past will resurface in the present – namely, the villainous Arnim Zola (Toby Jones) and Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan) – but we don’t quite yet know if they’ll be connected to von Strucker.

Classic-Baron-Strucker-Marvel-Comics-Art Marvel-Comics-Invaders-Baron-von-Strucke

Click here for a High-Res image of Baron Strucker for the Captain America movie tie-in game.

From our last post on the character, below is my description and how he could (should?) be introduced in Captain America 2. That film just so happens to have started reshoots this week and serves as a bridge between The Avengers and its sequel. Perfect timing to get Strucker into a scene (maybe a post-credits button)!

Recognizable by his facial scarring, Baron Strucker uses a combination of HYDRA supersoldier serums and a special bionic arm (called the Satan’s Claw) to maintain his strength and youth throughout the ages. The ex-Nazi served in both World Wars, carries a sword and is dangerous in every sense of the word, as a melee, ranged or undercover combatant/spy. Having this character in The Avengers sequel but not introduced The Winter Soldier would seem an odd choice for the obvious reasons of being able to include him flashbacks for both Cap (from the WWII days) and in flashbacks with Black Widow (Scarlet Johansson) – a character Strucker helped become the dangerous assassin she’s renowned as.

The character may serve as a villain early on in the film before Ultron becomes the primary antagonist and its possible that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, originally villains before becoming heroes in Marvel Comics, may work with him before joining The Avengers.

Share your thoughts on the casting in the comments!

• 2 weeks later...

Hehehe, Marvel is taking advantadge of DC's delays, and Ant-Man has been bumped up to a two week eariler release date that was formaly occupied by Bats vs supes

http://screenrant.com/ant-man-release-date-2015-batman-vs-superman-2016/

‘Ant-Man’ Takes Former ‘Batman vs. Superman’ 2015 Release Date

Published by Sandy Schaefer

Ant-Man-Hank-Pym-Avengers-Celebration.jp

While there’s no reason for us on the sidelines to have to choose between Marvel and DC – we’re free to cheer both companies on to make great comic book films – the two studios are – by their very nature – competitors. Each one is in the business of producing quality superhero entertainment content that reaps in big financial rewards – and we’re talking billions of dollar “big,” like The Avengers and The Dark Knight.

Case in point: last week, Warner Bros./DC decided to shift Batman vs. Superman back to a May 2016 release date that Marvel Studios had previously claimed for an as-yet unannounced “Phase 3″ film, and now the latter has gone ahead and claimed the 2015 date that BvS just vacated for writer/director Edgar Wright’s Ant-Man. That means we’ll get to see Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas in superhero gear two weeks earlier than expected – a much smaller jump than when Marvel originally bumped Ant-Man up from a November to July 2015 premiere.

That means that Ant-Man will now face off against director Joe Wright’s Peter Pan origin film – otherwise known simply as Pan – on July 17th in 2015. In general, that month has cooled down a bit, which is good news for your average moviegoer’s wallet; at one point, July 2015 was shaping up to be a major throwdown between studios, with a lineup that included Batman vs. Superman, Independence Day 2 and Pirates of the Caribbean 5 (all of which have since been delayed).

bvs-570x294.png

Unexpected hold-ups or change-of-plans can often derail a studio’s planned release date for one of its major tentpoles, and it’s not at all unusual to see their peers use the loss to gain some advantage – like when Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was moved up and took Fast & Furious 7‘s old 2014 date. Still, the fact that it’s Marvel that’s zeroing in on a prime date that DC has originally staked out, just makes it more entertaining to write about.

We’re still waiting to see who blinks first – Marvel or DC – and surrenders the May 6th, 2016 date to the other, but in the meantime Marvel is going to keep striving to expand its grasp on the superhero film marketplace, by releasing political thriller/sequel Captain America: The Winter Soldier and cosmic adventure Guardians of the Galaxy this year, followed by the “Phase 2″ capstone Avengers: Age of Ultron and then “Phase 3″ starter Ant-Man in 2015.

That make it DC’s move next, yes?

Ant-Man opens in theaters on July 17th, 2015.

Batman vs. Superman is now scheduled for release on May 6th, 2016.

Ok, so Batroc the leaper has finally been revealed

Captain-America-2-Official-Photo-Steve-v

Sadly, he lacks full facial hair, on the other hand it is a nice blend of his classic outfit and modern(I just hope his headgear shows up later on

full article

http://screenrant.com/captain-america-2-georges-st-pierre-baltroc-costume-photo/

First Official Look At Georges St-Pierre in Costume For ‘Captain America 2′

Published by Rob Keyes

George-St-Pierre-Captain-America-2-Costu

Witch Captain America: The Winter Soldier set to get a new trailer during the Super Bowl this weekend we put up the first part of our set visit coverage for the film. Disney and Marvel Studios released several behind-the-scenes photos for us to share in our coverage and one of them gives us our first look at one of the new villains being introduced in the Marvel Cinematic Universe – Baltroc the Leaper.

The French mercenary is a master kickboxer so it was very fitting to see the studio and directors Anthony and Joe Russo bring in an actual world class MMA fighter in Georges St-Pierre to play Baltroc in Captain America 2. It’s also fitting that the first official image features St-Pierre in costume, in combat performing Savate (French style of kickboxing).

Baltroc the Leaper (real name: Georges Batroc) has had several run-ins with Captain America (and Falcon) throughout Marvel Comics and while he has no super powers he is as tough as a human can get, much like the actor playing him. In the Ultimate Marvel Comics universe, the character is a thief but this the film’s live-action version of Baltroc seems to have him working for whatever mysterious faction is battling S.H.I.E.L.D.. Note the costume similarities from the film to Marvel Comics – much like Chris Evans’s WWII costume in Captain America: The First Avenger, Baltroc’s outfit embraces a practical-focused design that’s faithful in its color scheme.

Baltroc-The-Leaper-Marvel-Comics-Costume

And below is the full photo.

[CLICK FOR HIGH-RES]

Captain-America-2-Official-Photo-Steve-v

Since St-Pierre has little acting experience, we can expect him to be a Darth Maul type character who’s there as a cool physical threat for Captain America and co. and we don’t expect him to get much of Baltroc’s personality and wit from the books. Still, it’s good to see another classic Marvel villain getting some time to shine on screen. Seeing this costume makes us wonder if we’ll see Frank Grillo suit up in the classic Crossbones outfit from the books – so far we’ve only seen him wear practical military gear.

• Thumbs Up 2

we might have our wasp

http://screenrant.com/ant-man-marvel-evangeline-lilly-cast/

Evangeline Lilly In ‘Early Talks’ To Join Marvel’s ‘Ant-Man’

Published by Andrew Dyce

Ant-Man-Rumor-Casting-Evangeline-Lilly.j

After Marvel turned to a swath of up-and-coming stars to help get their Avengers universe off the ground, they are bringing out the big guns for Ant-Man, the film set to kick off ‘Phase Three’ of the studio’s cinematic universe. With Michael Douglas signed to play the original Ant-Man, Hank Pym, and Paul Rudd starring as his successor Scott Lang, director Edgar Wright already has a one-two punch packing more star power than any of his prior projects.

But what would a Wright film (or a Marvel one, for that matter) be without a romance? With that in mind, the latest reports claim that Marvel is already making moves to cast Lost alum Evangeline Lilly as the female lead – a role long rumored and anticipated to grow into far more than a love interest, but a big screen incarnation of the female superhero known as ‘Wasp.’

The report comes courtesy of Variety, claiming that Marvel is in “early talks” with Lilly – most recently seen on screen in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug – to star opposite Rudd. Again, a superhero film featuring two good-looking leads in a budding romance is to be expected, but as is usually the case with Marvel’s adaptations, the character she’ll be playing could have serious ramifications on the film universe, beginning with The Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Marvel-Avengers-Wasp-Introduction.jpg

In the Marvel comics, Ant-Man is regularly mentioned in the same breath as Wasp, a.k.a. Janet van Dyne, his partner in both crime-fighting and marriage. It was no secret that the original plan for The Avengers was to have Wasp as part of the team, so when rumors of an Ant-Man project began to gain momentum, casting rumors included potential candidates for both miniature masked heroes.

One regular mention was Rudd’s past co-star Rashida Jones, but it seems that Marvel is eying an actress who is currently enjoying a bit more blockbuster attention. However, it’s being claimed that the role in question will be that of Hank Pym’s daughter, further indicating just how much Edgar Wright will be re-writing comic book canon.

Since Janet van Dyne/Wasp was Pym’s love interest in the comics, fans are faced with two questions: will Evangeline Lilly’s role as Pym’s daughter give her the gift of shrinking – or growing – genetically, or will her superpowers be written away entirely? We’re inclined to think the former, but so far it’s anyone’s guess.

Wasp-Janet-Van-Dyne-Giant.jpg

It isn’t hard to see how the female lead being the daughter of Hank Pym (Douglas) would create comedy in line with Edgar Wright’s strengths, adding the humor of a protective father who was no romantic slouch in his younger days (as a 1960s super spy). Douglas has described the script as “really fun,” and the chance to play not only an aging superhero but a suspicious father (with good reason, since it seems Scott Lang will be stealing the Ant-Man suit from Pym) seems like a role Douglas could excel at.

It will be interesting to see how fans react to this news, as much as an indication of how much blockbuster cred Evangeline Lilly has earned since her time on ABC’s Lost. She has been seen in supporting roles in Real Steel, and the aforementioned Desolation of Smaug, but a Marvel film would take her to a whole new level.

What do you think of the potential casting and changes to canon? Are you fine with changes being made to the Pym/Lang/van Dyne relationship, as long as we get a big screen incarnation of Wasp, or do you doubt the direction this will take the characters? Share your thoughts in the comments.

_____

Ant-Man opens in theaters on July 17th, 2015.

Follow Andrew on Twitter @andrew_dyce.

Source: Variety

Also some reasons why the Wasp could work as a daughter

when it comes to the Wasp, there are a couple of integral elements that makes Wasp(well 616/EMH wasp) Wasp, and those are:
A)Naievete, she has a slightly open few on the world, she isnt overly hardened, she had a fun childhood, and is something of a socialite
B)Scientest father, who helps catapult her into being a superhero, now here is where I see that changing her into being Pyms daughter wouldnt be bad, as instead of her fathers death, it could be his legacy she has to live up too, and her mother(also note, in the comics Pym WAS married before wasp, but she died tragicly)
C) Heiress/wealth: why this isnt something that has influenced her personalty, it does effect her background, she has anything she could want, but would much rather be a hero than have it easy

So yah, they keep those in, and it doesnt matter if Pym is her father, in fact, making it so that she is the daughter of his first wife from the comics, who he met as an adventurer, who was a freedom fighter behind the iron curtian, but in this timeline had a daughter instead of dying on the honeymoon, would make an even stronger background for the wasp

The Vision has arrived

http://screenrant.com/avengers-2-age-ultron-paul-bettany-vision/

Paul Bettany Is ‘The Vision’ in ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’

Published by Andrew Dyce

Paul-Bettany-Vision-Avengers-Age-of-Ultr

In case any Marvel fans were getting distracted by what actress may have been cast as a future Wasp, the latest reports remind us that in the shared movie universe, The Avengers take top billing for the foreseeable future. Apparently, the artificially intelligent butler of Tony Stark will be getting an upgrade from voice to Vision.

That’s right, Paul Bettany (having previously provided the voice of JARVIS, Iron Man‘s A.I.) is reportedly set to take on the mantle of the Vision, an intelligent android and future Avenger in The Avengers: Age of Ultron.

The report comes from England’s Daily Mail, further strengthening suspicions that Tony Stark (Robert Downey, Jr.) will be the driving force behind the creation of Ultron, not Hank Pym a.k.a. Ant-Man. While the comic books had Ultron spawned from the mind and work of Ant-Man, Marvel has made no secret of the fact that they are going to be changing canon – and this announcement of Vision’s inclusion adds further evidence of their new take.

Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-White-Vision.jpg

The first look at Ultron’s helmet design made the connections between the Avengers enemy and Iron Man’s own armor clear, but now it seems that Stark may be responsible for both the super-team’s robotic foe and its android ally. But just as James Spader’s face and performance will be worked into Ultron’s design, it seems Paul Bettany will finally be lending more than his voice to a Marvel film.

According to Daily Mail, the actor was spotted visiting the film’s production offices this week not to meet and greet, or record some lines, but to endure a team of make-up technicians as they applied various powders and potions on Bettany’s pale skin to bring about the Vision’s chalk-white complexion.” Die-hard comic fans will know that the most popular depictions of the Vision have him sporting his green and red costume, but it sounds like director Joss Whedon is going with the character’s white makeover instead.

If the report is accurate, then the exact means by which Ultron is created become even more mysterious. Early on, it was thought that the easiest way to adapt the typical origin of Ultron was to have Tony Stark’s JARVIS evolve some unsavory ambitions and take a suit of armor for himself. Those theories became less likely when Spader, not Bettany, was revealed to be bringing the villain to life. So where does JARVIS fit in?

Vision-Scarlet-Witch-Love-Marvel-Comics-
It’s too early to tell if JARVIS and Ultron are both the result of the same event, fracturing Stark’s trusty A.I. ally into a light and dark side, or if the butler gains a fighting form to offer his human allies a better chance of survival. We doubt that mystery will be solved prior to the film’s release, but the Age of Ultron is already seemingly being filled with more superheroes than Whedon will know what to do with. Of course, there’s one way Whedon can solve that problem.

Nobody is going to doubt Bettany’s skills, so fans will likely be pleased to know that he (or a digital copy of him) will finally get to appear alongside the rest of Marvel’s most beloved characters. But the cast members themselves have spoken about how Whedon’s story for the Avengers sequel will carry storylines forward – and JARVIS’ ascension to the Vision could be a serious source of that character progression.

The previous team-up forced Tony Stark to ‘make the sacrifice play,’ but will he be as quick to sacrifice his closest friend and AI confidant? Will the Vision find love with the “messed up” Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen)? We’d recommend holding off on theories until Marvel makes an official announcement, but the questions this raises about the overall film – and the films beyond it – are impossible to ignore.

What do you make of the new story for JARVIS? Is this the kind of twist you’ve been waiting for to bring the new origin stories together, or are you concerned there may be too much story for one film to handle well? Share your thoughts in the comments.

The Avengers: Age of Ultron hits theaters on May 1st, 2015.

Follow Andrew on Twitter @andrew_dyce.

• Thumbs Up 1