Awoo.

Scooby Doo

Winston

edit: nevermind, what I wrote would just cause problems for the mods and admins.

Edited by Jay Rockman

edit: nevermind, what I wrote would just cause problems for the mods and admins.

Edited by goku262002

Rhanks ror the ropic ruys!

Scooby-Doo was a pretty big part of my childhood. My parents let me watch the reruns of the show, and I have all the movies. I particularly remember Cyber Chase because computers were sort of a mystery (no pun intended) back then. I also watched "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo," back when all the shows had a younger version (Muppet Babies, Flintstones Babies.) I remember I found the theme song to that one annoying, though. I remember there was an episode that lightly dealt with drugs. I had it on VHS, and I remember wondering why the version on TV was different. I hate the live action movies (why are the monsters real? That's like Gadget solving the problem in an Inspector Gadget mov-- ohwait) I haven't watched Mystery Inc., but I'll give it a shot. But yeah, that's my two cents, I have to go back to annoying people in the statuses.

Edited by Scooby-Doo

I thought scrappy haters like me were a minorityI'm honestly surprised that many people hate scrappy since a few months ago on boomerang they named him Boomeroyalty...amazing how the internet sheds light on many things

What? there was 2 different versions of that Drug episode of A pup named Scooby Doo? please, do tell.

Orite, topic on hand.

I've always like Scooby-Doo, but it wasn't my "big cartoon" growing up. Yeah, I saw like every episode ever, but it was mostly filler sadly. I know that makes it sound like I don't like it, but I did honestly. It just wasn't the ones I was super hyped for, it was more over "oh there's nothing on, Scooby-Doo works for now until 3:30, =D" or something.

Shaggy was kinda my favorite, along with Scooby short after. I remember once I recreated Shaggy pretty damn perfect on Tony Hawk's Underground back in the day, but that's as far as I went with anything other than the show, XD.

EDIT: Holy fucking shit, hold the phone. Until reading your post goku262002, totally forgot about a Pup Named Scooby Doo. I honestly like that show more than the original LOL. Not only was the intro song the catchiest damn thing in the world, but I just had fun watching it back then. I never really got the chance to watch it much, since it was usually on around noon while I was in school, but I always tried to catch it on a day off or when I was home sick.

Yeah, A Pup Named Scooby-Doo was my favorite Scooby-Doo series. Nothing IMO tops that.

Okay I knew Scrappy Doo was like a brat but I never knew that Scrappy had a hatebase. I guess the first live action movie ruined him (After all, he was the bad guy in it).

All I need to know is that you're starting to piss me off, and if you continue to stay off topic and be an ass like this, you can receive a strike.

• Thumbs Up 8

I loved Scrappy. I never found him annoying but I suppose I can understand him getting hate for being an unnecessary addition. Honestly I always saw him being an annoying little fuck as part of his appeal. He was still retarded beyond all measure for anything and everything involving the first live action movie. Just... ugh. Even when it came out I thought it was ridiculous to have him as the villain.

EDIT: Holy fucking shit, hold the phone. Until reading your post goku262002, totally forgot about a Pup Named Scooby Doo. I honestly like that show more than the original LOL. Not only was the intro song the catchiest damn thing in the world, but I just had fun watching it back then. I never really got the chance to watch it much, since it was usually on around noon while I was in school, but I always tried to catch it on a day off or when I was home sick.

For example, the Great Gazoo from the Flintstones, I mean was he really necessary? sleep.png

Eh, I liked him more than Arnold the Paperboy. :P

Oh WOW! I didn't expect the topic to last this long.

Scooby Doo 4 Life!

By the way, I'll stream Witch's Ghost this weekend.

I don't know about any DVD releases of the show, but I did have a similar experience with it on TV. I remember watching it on Saturday mornings on ITV in the early 90s. At the time I believed it to be a new show, it wasn't till some time later I discovered it was from the mid 80s (though for all I know that may have been the first time ITV showed it). Then after that run on Saturday mornings, it was never shown again. The other versions of Scooby Doo all got repeats but never that (not on terrestrial TV anyway, though I believe it aired on Satellite and Cable as I remember seeing it in the listings).

Eventually a couple of years ago Virgin Media put the series on their On Demand TV service and I watched the first episode again on there.

Yeah, I got the show on DVD, I was wondering if anyone else had it, because I haven't seen it since the day I bought it. Is it RARE?!

Edited by Shaggy Rogers

Ah, Scooby Doo. I remember watching the original series as well as it's many sequel/spinoff series as well as the live action films. And my sister really likes the DTV Scooby Doo films they came out with, she notes that some of them (namely the zombie one) actually did scaring her.

HEY GUUUUUUUUUUUYS!

LIKE VAMPIRES?

LIKE MUSICALS?

LIKE SCOOBY DOO?

THEN GOOD! OUR DIRECT TO VIDEO MONKEY ANIMATORS SURE HAVE THE FILM FOR YOU!

Scooby-Doo%21_Music_of_the_Vampire.jpg

SCOOBY DOO AND THE MUSIC OF THE VAMPIRE!

SO DIRECT-TO-VIDEO, IT HURTS!

But seriously: SERIOUSLY?

This is NOT the Scooby-Doo I remember.

Ugh. I think that now that both Hanna-Barbera are gone, I bet WB is now going to bastardize their original works nowas they've wanted to. I've read that Warner Bros. had/has plans of upcoming Hong Kong Phooey, The Jetsons, Marvin the Martian, and Tom and Jerry live action/CGI films. And in case you didn't know; next year we're getting a Flinstones series by Seth MacFarlane (oh good!). Also it seems like Tom and Jerry as of recent is also getting the classic "one shovelware DVD per year" treatment that Scooby Doo has got since 1998 (heck, they were even getting said treatment in the mid-2000s!).

Edited by Madame Amano

I've read that Warner Bros. had/has plans of upcoming Hong Kong Phooey, The Jetsons, Marvin the Martian, and Tom and Jerry live action/CGI films

How can they make a movie...about a mouse and a cat chasing eachother around...?

How can they make a movie...about a mouse and a cat chasing eachother around...?

The answer is, they can't.

Tom and Jerry: The Movie from the late 80's (or somewhere around that time, anyone feel free to correct me) is proof of that.

The answer is, they can't.

Tom and Jerry: The Movie from the late 80's (or somewhere around that time, anyone feel free to correct me) is proof of that.

It's basically milking the franchise until nobody likes it anymore.

They have made movies about them, the recent DTVs. Many of the DTVs are actually quite good. The funniest one was the big race, despite the animation quality taking a huge nosedive.

I guess in terms of story, the better of the DTVs had to be either the nutcracker special or the Sherlock Holmes, it was basically independent stories that had Tom and Jerry chasing one another every now and then. They worked for what they wanted to get done, and unlike the theatrical film that was trying to rip off every 90s animation cliche, they both kept the focus on Tom, Jerry, and the jokes. And if the jokes comprised the use of other characters, then that works.

Meanwhile at WB....biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 4

I was watching the live-action Scooby-Doo movies earlier, and God those things cracked me up. I've always thought they were great films, especially great for a cartoon turning into a live-action film.