Awoo.

Want to know what's coming back to Nick? Just Figure it Out!

-Robin-

http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/03/07/nickelodeon-to-bring-back-figure-it-out/

In a move that will no doubt evoke cries of sweet nostalgia from those crazy ’90s Nick kids (an occurrence I can confirm because I, in fact, celebrated as such), Nickelodeon is bringing back the hidden talent game show Figure It Out, almost 13 years after the show went off the air.

The network, which brought back other ’90s favorites to TeenNick last summer, has ordered 40 episodes of the show, which will begin production in Los Angeles in April, a rep for Nickelodeon confirmed to EW.

Originally airing from 1997 to 1999 and hosted by Olympic swimmer Summer Sanders (who was no doubt the Angelina Jolie for 12-year-olds), Figure It Out featured a celebrity panel attempting to guess the hidden talent, skill, invention, or hobby of kid contestants whose random aptitudes ranged anywhere from the unimpressive (“I have a pet pig”) to the fascinating (“I drove a lawnmower across the country”). The celebs would ask Yes-or-No questions to the precocious youngsters in an effort to figure out all the words that complete a phrase listing the kid’s talent. The new celebrity panel will most likely include the network’s current roster of tween stars, but more importantly, I hope the new format invites Sanders as host and includes the same signature green slime that defined old-school Nickelodeon.

As a child of the ’90s, this is fantastic news, and only fuels my hope that we will ultimately be treated to reboots of some other old favorites. Double Dare? (Consider the slime!) Nick Arcade? (Consider the technology!) Legends of the Hidden Temple? (Consider Olmec!)

PopWatchers, how are you handling the news of this revival? Do you want to see Summer Sanders return as host? What other game shows would you want to see revived? And do you think Lori Beth Denberg was given the answers ahead of time?

YES. YES AND YES.

To reiterate, this is not simply re-running the old episodes. Figure it Out is being completely revived for 40 more episodes.

Now to clamp on to my hopes once again that Legends of the Hidden Temple is brought back too.

Edited by Cryogonal
  • Thumbs Up 1

... Darnit Nick. As good as this show was, can't you guys revive a cartoon?! You guys were the KING of animation in the 90's, for me atleast.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow, I haven't even thought about Figure it Out for years. Pretty cool.

Will it have Slime? It's not Figure It Out, without slime...

Edited by Silencer(Tsundere Edition)

EDIT: This is what I get for not reading the description xDDD. Sorry ^^;

Edited by Happy Dazzleween!!

A smile just came over my face. I used to watch the hell out of that show.

But the article has a particularly off-putting prediction: The revival may feature tween stars of Nick instead of the random TV and movie stars(?) they used to get on there. That was part of the fun of the whole thing, and it's something that'd help get me hooked on this version. I do not want Victoria Justice or Miranda Cosgrove associated in any way with this.

@ Dazz: Read the article. =P

I don't see the modern Nick cast being featured in this revival to be a hindrance. Sure, it's a nostalgia-bomb meant to excite the retro crowd, but Nick still has their youth demographic to consider, and having Miranda Cosgrove, Victoria Justice, Jerry Trainor, and if they want to call back further, Drake Bell and Josh Peck on the show would satisfy them.

And who knows, maybe a few episodes would really go the distance, and have Loribeth Denberg, Kenen Thompson, and others go on the show.

I take it this was only on Nickelodeon in the US. I've never heard of it.

Until I hear word of Summer hosting it or Lori Beth as a panelist, I give less shits than possible.

Call me back when they start makin' CatDog or Invader ZIM episodes again *leaves*

• Thumbs Up 3

Well i never expected Nick to do this! Sweet! Now all they need to do is make the Hey Arnold jungle movie and my life will be complete.

YES! YEEEEEEES! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! I loved Figure it Out! I am so happy they're bringing it back. Hope it's good. It better have slime! You can't have Figure It Out without slime.

For those who don't know the show, watch this.

Now here's hoping that Legend of the Hidden Temple will be brought back one day.

Edited by PeanutButterDerp

Why was I expecting Invader Zim?..Oh yeah, so Nick can keep screwing us over with online petitions....

The title of this thread is so confusing when you're someone who's never heard of this show.

..Me being one of those people.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sorry to spoil the party guis but knowing "New" Nick it'll prolly suck. Just sayin'.

Can't get enough icarly!!

Seriously current nick can go fuck itself.

Edited by Jay Rockman

Yes!

I'm glad to see Figure it Out return on Nickelodeon. I remember watching it back in the day as well as watching reruns when Nick had the Nick Gas channel.

Like many here who have seen the original show, I really hope it doesn't get screwed up. That said, I'd love to see the new Nick stars get slimed. XD