Awoo.

KONY 2012

Strickerx5

As others have said, I wouldn't go bandwagon jumping too soon guys. Research organisations before you give them your money. I support trying to help Uganda sort out their problems but not like this.

• Thumbs Up 1

As others have said, I wouldn't go bandwagon jumping too soon guys. Research organisations before you give them your money. I support trying to help Uganda sort out their problems but not like this.

When will Ugandas problems ever be solved? sleep.png

I am one who thinks will probably lead to nothing, I just get feeling some people are jumping on this bandwagon to make themselves appear less shallow. dry.png

I am one who thinks will probably lead to nothing, I just get feeling some people are jumping on this bandwagon to make themselves appear less shallow. dry.png

It is true that new people can appear in place of the old, good and bad. But does that mean we shouldn't do anything about the current situation? We should just let it be since there's a possibility, a chance that someone could take his place? Is that any sort of excuse?

When it comes to the well-fair of children, I get very emotionally involved since none of them deserve any of this.

Now I'm not exactly supporting this exact movement, but I can't even fathom why you would say taking out a terrible person who has done so much harm to thousands of people, many of them children, is somehow a bad thing. I admit I get easily agitated when something that involves the pain, deaths, well-being, and suffering of countless people gets disintegrated into politics. I understand why, since this video and movement is about an organization and some organizations aren't as good as they claim, but I've seen you mainly on the issue of the guy in question responsible than the organization itself. You're basically coming off to me as, "It's not my problem, I can't do anything, people who want to do something about it won't do anything, so might as well not even try."

It is true that new people can appear in place of the old, good and bad. But does that mean we shouldn't do anything about the current situation? We should just let it be since there's a possibility, a chance that someone could take his place? Is that any sort of excuse?

When it comes to the well-fair of children, I get very emotionally involved since none of them deserve any of this.

Now I'm not exactly supporting this exact movement, but I can't even fathom why you would say taking out a terrible person who has done so much harm to thousands of people, many of them children, is somehow a bad thing. I admit I get easily agitated when something that involves the pain, deaths, well-being, and suffering of countless people gets disintegrated into politics. I understand why, since this video and movement is about an organization and some organizations aren't as good as they claim, but I've seen you mainly on the issue of the guy in question responsible than the organization itself. You're basically coming off to me as, "It's not my problem, I can't do anything, people who want to do something about it won't do anything, so might as well not even try."

Its a good thing to aware, its just futile. I hate people jumping on this saying they are going to do something when they are probably going to do nothing, just sign a petition and then forget about like most things on the internet.

In a few months people will forget about this and jump on some other bandwagon.

If want to do something, just fucking do it, people are all talk and no action. That's my problem with stuff like this.

Yes this guy needs to go down, hopefully the UN will step up to bringing this 'man' to justice.

I am just not going to pretend like other people to claim they going to do something when they are going to do nothing other than go "this is awful I am going to do something".

I am just being honest.

Its a good thing to aware, its just futile. I hate people jumping on this saying they are going to do something when they are probably going to do nothing, just sign a petition and then forget about like most things on the internet.

In a few months people will forget about this and jump on some other bandwagon.

If want to do something, just fucking do it, people are all talk and no action. That's my problem with stuff like this.

Yes this guy needs to go down, hopefully the UN will step up to bringing this 'man' to justice.

I am just not going to pretend like other people to claim they going to do something when they are going to do nothing other than go "this is awful I am going to do something".

I am just being honest.

You're both right and wrong, but bring up some good points. In honesty I am going to probably do nothing on this issue besides give my support. However, if there was ever a chance I could do something and was aware of it I would do it. I can honestly and proudly say I'm a person who acts when others are in need. I dedicate a lot of my time and effort to help others on a regular basis, but the scale of my helping is small-scale since I only work hard to what is around me. I'm sort of a small-minded person in that sense, I think about the intermediate more than I do the big picture. But in my own frame I work hard to help others and if this was something I knew to do to help this situation, I would do it if at all possible.

However, I know some people who are amazing and don't just give up. I know a lot of people like that, people who put in a lot of effort to achieve things some people like you might put down. Remember only some people do that, not everyone. I understand that way of thinking, but I also suspect you only think that because that's what you yourself do. And I can't blame you since I'm guilty of it to as I'm a person more focused on the here and now than anything else.

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. Nevertheless, this sonbitch needs to FUCKIN' DIE.

Wow, I am just speechless right now at what he's done. I hope this son of a bitch gets caught and wiped off the face of the earth.

Can't believe people are still falling for this crap. This is all just a scam. The only reason this exists is to give money to a dangerous organization. Besides, I've also found out that this Kony person hasn't done this crap in years. The organization just made this to brainwash thousands of people to give them money.

And I noticed that the most people who watched that video are young kids. Figures since they'll fall for anything these days. -__-

• Thumbs Up 2

Can't believe people are still falling for this crap. This is all just a scam. The only reason this exists is to give money to a dangerous organization. Besides, I've also found out that this Kony person hasn't done this crap in years. The organization just made this to brainwash thousands of people to give them money.

And I noticed that the most people who watched that video are young kids. Figures since they'll fall for anything these days. -__-

Edited by BW199148

Sooooooo beyond immensely tired of hearing about this.

Here you have this organization which keeps up to 75% of donations (and is more than likely earning money off of Youtube,) supports violent methods of intervention, and is trying to raise awareness about a group which has nearly disbanded as they've left Uganda six years ago and are scattered through Africa's jungles at this point. Sure Kony is a terrible person who should absolutely be tried for the things he's done, but Invisible Children is far from the best organization.

The kicker? Ugandans wish Invisible Children would fuck right off with their movie, because it's misleading, misrepresenting, rallies for the wrong cause, and makes flat-out false statements.

Edited by The Pyro
  • Thumbs Up 6

But is this really our concern? I know that it's bad for what he's done, but must we make a huge fuss over something that's none of our business anyway?

And this Invisible Children group is a huge scam to begin with. If you guys still want to give money to a group that is dangerous to begin with, then go on ahead. As for me, I'm more concerned about my area going through an aftermath due to the tornadoes last week. Maybe all of you should donate your money towards that instead of giving it to a faux organization. I just find it really cold-hearted that none of you care about something as tragic as that. My whole area is pretty much destroyed now. I'm really hurt about this...........

But is this really our concern? I know that it's bad for what he's done, but must we make a huge fuss over something that's none of our business anyway?

And this Invisible Children group is a huge scam to begin with. If you guys still want to give money to a group that is dangerous to begin with, then go on ahead. As for me, I'm more concerned about my area going through an aftermath due to the tornadoes last week. Maybe all of you should donate your money towards that instead of giving it to a faux organization. I just find it really cold-hearted that none of you care about something as tragic as that. My whole area is pretty much destroyed now. I'm really hurt about this...........

You had me (well kinda) and then it was like......what?

What are you even talking about that people are cold hearted because they care about an issue that isn't the issue directly affecting you? I mean I honestly find that very sad. Sure this whole Kony thing may be a scam....but people gave because they actually wanted to help and were mislead, likely due to their emotions over the situation.

And now you're acting like you're personally hurt because no one brought up a disaster that happened in your area that was never mentioned before in the topic?

• Thumbs Up 3

Guys, you forgot to remember that in the original psuedo-documentary, the creator said that this is an experiment. He wanted to see if the whole world cared and actually did something.

Passing all those gruesome details...this charity is like a Hipster UNICEF...pennies a day for help in 'third-world' countries and isn't mainstream (until now).

Wait, from the comments on one of the articles Pyro posted, people are saying that they actually did say that the LRA was out of Uganda. Is that true?

I think if enough people from Uganda don't want our help simply because they haven't been harassed in 6 years, then I say don't poke the beehive. You make the guy known, and famous; you know, to a guy that obviously loves attention for the insane shit he's pulled; and you're just asking for a lot of trouble in my opinion. I mean I support capturing the man to pay for his crimes against humanity and whatnot, but I think this is the wrong approach if he's not bothering Uganda.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait, from the comments on one of the articles Pyro posted, people are saying that they actually did say that the LRA was out of Uganda. Is that true?

The LRA hasn't been active in Uganda since 2006, a fact which IC has already recognised. They were pushed out into the Democratic Republic of the Congo and what is now South Sudan. The problems in Uganda now come from the UPDF and SPLA, who are both all up in the rape/murder business.

I also find it hard to justify supporting a charity that advocates military intervention. Just sayin'.

The LRA hasn't been active in Uganda since 2006, a fact which IC has already recognised. They were pushed out into the Democratic Republic of the Congo and what is now South Sudan. The problems in Uganda now come from the UPDF and SPLA, who are both all up in the rape/murder business.

I also find it hard to justify supporting a charity that advocates military intervention. Just sayin'.

If that last part was aimed at me, I wasn't trying to justify anything. Thanks for the info though.

Edited by Solkia

I dunno if you guys have seen this or not? Svend posted it on Facebook which is how I saw it.

Uganda is outraged at the Kony 2012 film

“What that video says is totally wrong, and it can cause us more problems than help us,” said Dr Beatrice Mpora, director of Kairos, a community health organisation in Gulu, a town that was once the centre of the rebels’ activities. “There has not been a single soul from the LRA here since 2006. Now we have peace, people are back in their homes, they are planting their fields, they are starting their businesses. That is what people should help us with.”
Edited by Mollfie

So wait, I'm confused. Is this is a scam, or is it real? Some say it's a scam, others are saying it's not. Whut??

Also, that video is just...I dunno, sentimental? Seriously dude, just cut to the chase. Kony is evil. Kthxbai!