Awoo.

How would you redesign Sonic?

Cyrus

I don't know how much I'd redesign Sonic. But if I was in charge, I'd stop giving him botox. Seriously. In the games and renders his eyebrows barely move. It's so annoying. NoTW got it right.

notw09.pngnotw01.pngnotw02.pngnotw08.pngnotw03.png

He and everyone else look so much better for it. And heck, they managed it for Classic in Generations, and for everyone in Riders even. Why is everyone so expressionless now?

To be fair, the expression have gotten more lively since Colors, so there's that.

I think that the only main stream games re-design was the SOAP shoes look

I think sonic looked pretty cool with them on

But thats the only re design i like except for the drastic change in overall appearance from classic to modern

I'm not totally sure. I'd love for Classic Sonic to make a full return, but going by Modern, I'd like his fur to maybe be more like this:

Sonicjuy.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

facesnew.jpg

No. 3 is going to give me nightmares for weeks! o_e

Another design thing I would never want Sonic to have? Sharp teeth. Just look at it!

• Thumbs Up 1

Pah...if it's not broken, don't fix it!

Unless it was for personal kicks and laughs. Hmm...

...maybe I could draw something...

Wait! I'm supposed to be cutting down on drawing Sonic! Grr...curse you...wait, who made this topic?

Curse you autocon99!!

Joking aside, I'll be back later...hopefully with something good...

I thought the expressions on the Unleashed models were well done. NOTW Sonic model might have been cuter with the way his eyes were used to emote but Unleashed model Sonic...

http://i13.photobuck...onunleashed.png

...relied more on iris/pupil placement and mouth rather than moving the brows/eye-ridges. The bottom middle expression is pretty awesome IMO, his expression hardens greatly when Chip mentions Eggman XD. NOTW Sonic looks cuter, Unleashed Sonic looks harder.

Edited by Verte
  • Thumbs Up 3

^Looks like the image's been removed or deleted for me.

Nevermind, thanks Verte.

Somebody might as well delete this post since I've got nothing to contribute outside, "I like him the way he is now."

Edited by DarkLightDragon

Oh hey, this thread! I had a lot of my art on the Retro version, some of it without I even noticing it, but here's the design I use for my personal uses:

tumblr_lwk997jkQ71qmot0io1_400.gif

Someone mentioned Classic Sonic is best because he's timeless, bouncy, cartoony. I ask- why not add that to Modern instead of going back to Classic? Not that that's what I've done here, my own design is basically "I like the OVA's face and Adventure's body".

Now Amy? There's something I'd redesign.

• Thumbs Up 2

He should get a little taller and since Generations came out he should have his old personality mixed with his new.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh hey, this thread! I had a lot of my art on the Retro version, some of it without I even noticing it, but here's the design I use for my personal uses:

tumblr_lwk997jkQ71qmot0io1_400.gif

Someone mentioned Classic Sonic is best because he's timeless, bouncy, cartoony. I ask- why not add that to Modern instead of going back to Classic? Not that that's what I've done here, my own design is basically "I like the OVA's face and Adventure's body".

Now Amy? There's something I'd redesign.

I like your design! I do still prefer the main games to have Modern, albeit more like he was in NotW.

As for Amy? Yeah, she needs a redesign. I REALLY don't like her clothes. Color scheme should change a bit, too.

Wait a minute, just what is wrong with Amy's design?

She may look nothing like her classic self, but i'm actually grateful for that.

Dunno if this counts as 'redesign,' but honestly all I would change is a few aspects of his attire. I really liked the Soap Shoes :) and it'd also be nice to see him wearing Chip's band around his wrist.

I'm also all for what others have already pointed out about his ears, quills, eyebrows, etc. The more they can be utilized for expression, the better.

• Thumbs Up 1

WHAT YOU SAY

FANS WANT THE OLD, CHUBBY SONIC?

LET'S MAKE THEM HAPPY

S2xl.png

YES, THAT IS PERFECT

NO, HE NEEDS TO BE FATTER

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

honestly i think he's ok the way he is

Edited by The KKM
  • Thumbs Up 1

I like Amy's design too. There's a lot of cool looking redesigns of her out there but often they end up looking really cluttered. Her current design has a really nice sillouhette and is very striking - just like a Sonic character design should be. Her classic design had a really ugly palette.

A lot of redesigns tend to give her trousers too or make her look almost punk-ish, but I like her in a skirt. She's a really girly girl so it suits her.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 5

I'm not totally sure. I'd love for Classic Sonic to make a full return, but going by Modern, I'd like his fur to maybe be more like this:

Sonicjuy.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

What I meant to say is I'm fine with Amy now, but she seems rather bland to me. I dunno, just give her pants or something. No more pantie shots, please.

Maybe change her outfit to compliment her fur color, like blue or green. (Much like Sonic's red shoes compliment his blue fur.)

Edited by Cola