Awoo.

Sega and NVIDIA announce March release date

StitchRS

Can we get a YT of that? PS3 browser is still a bitch to use.

You really still believe it won't be boost-fest automated spring spam?

You willing believe that a small portion of the first level will dictate the entire games level design, so I'm willing to believe that that portion of the level doesn't dictate the entire games level design.

Edited by Black Spy

Can we get a YT of that? PS3 browser is still a bitch to use.

You willing believe that a small portion of the first level will dictate the entire games level design, so I'm willing to believe that that portion of the level doesn't dictate the entire games level design.

E1. This game shares the same problems in level design, ergo it's a very fair and safe assumption.

• Thumbs Up 1

E1. This game shares the same problems in level design, ergo it's a very fair and safe assumption.

And if it shares the same problems, then I'm willing to believe it shares the same

And if it shares the same problems, then I'm willing to believe it shares the same

Having one level that requires you to pay attention at all?

Edited by Lungo
  • Thumbs Up 4

Lost Labyrinth was only really a strength relative to the rest of the game. It's still not great level design.

Having one level that requires you to pay attention at all?

Everyone else wants to let one level dictate the design of the entire game, so I'm gonna do the same.

Everyone else wants to let one level dictate the design of the entire game, so I'm gonna do the same.

We have its predecessor to go on as well. It doesn't look good for improvement when there is little evidence to the contrary [of the level design being any different].

Edited by Lungo

It should be noted (if it wasn't already) that this version we've been seeing is the higher end mobile version. From the SEGA rep's mouth: "we're bringing really a high quality ALMOST console like experience to the mobile devices".

So in regards to graphics, we could probably expect the XBLA/PSN version to be a step up from what we've seen.

It should be noted (if it wasn't already) that this version we've been seeing is the higher end mobile version. From the SEGA rep's mouth: "we're bringing really a high quality ALMOST console like experience to the mobile devices".

So in regards to graphics, we could probably expect the XBLA/PSN version to be a step up from what we've seen.

The console version is what we've seen in the screenshots and trailer, the HUD gives it away.

No matter what we think of it...it'll most likely be a commercial success, and do even better than Episode 1.

Edited by KrazyBean14

No matter what we think of it...it'll most likely be a commercial success, and do even better than Episode 1.

I've already voiced my criticisms of the game in the other thread, so I guess here's my tl;dr version

Somehow the majority of our feedback for Episode I was translated as this to Sega/Sonic Team/Dimps when they were working on Episode II.

good-graphics1.jpg

How this happened I have not a damn clue, but we all know that this certainly isn't the case.

Aside from that, looks better than I expected. Can definitely say that this is by no means a "polished turd."

Edited by Zinos
  • Thumbs Up 2

We have its predecessor to go on as well. It doesn't look good for improvement when there is little evidence to the contrary [of the level design being any different].

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 1

It's cute how you think this is actually true. It's like this doesn't exist anymore.

Okay Indigo, that's just plain being a douche. This is a side of you that frankly isn't at all flattering.

I've read that post before, and while Endri is a trustworthy source, his words holds less water than the footage we've seen. And that footage looks terrible. There were many positive impressions for E1 that came from reputable sources but they mean little when you see things that you disagree with. The level design in E2 just looks terrible, the physics really should be classic-like after they caused such a stink with E1 and SEGA just refuse to play it straight. No, I'm more than entitled to think that E1 is a polished turd even if you do think differently.

EDIT: I know we don't see eye to eye, but just play fair. Come on.

Edited by HYDROCITEE
  • Thumbs Up 5

I'm not sure how this is even the same argument as this:

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay Indigo, that's just plain being a douche. This is a side of you that frankly isn't at all flattering.

And you know what else? Constantly saying that Episode 2 is a polished piece of turd makes you look like a douche. And hey, Episode 1, believe it or not, wasn't the deplorable sin against nature that you seem to think it is!

And I'm tired of getting into that argument with you, as it doesn't make any of us look good. I'm done.

Edited by Indigo Rush
  • Thumbs Up 6

I just want to clarify that when I said Episode II looks like a polished Episode I....that's all I meant.Not saying that Epi II = polished turd.

• Thumbs Up 1

And you know what else? Constantly saying that Episode 2 is a polished piece of turd makes you look like a douche.

The difference being that he's just been saying that he thinks the game looks like shit, whereas you basically just called him an idiot for thinking that. So no, it really doesn't.

• Thumbs Up 4