Awoo.

A Sonic mutiplayer game?

Shoot em up Capbusta

A game based specifically on speedy characters wouldn't work too welldue to the sheer fact that if they get left behind it could screw everyone up, though i feel that a co-op similar to Color's game world robots would be fine.

That's why I said "why not modify the levels a bit to include co-op gameplay" because I realize there was an inherent error in having the players get left behind. Of course for this idea to properly work Sonic would have to become more of a platformer again, which I am honestly all for, but I would love to be able to beat through a Sonic game with a friend even if the levels had to be slightly tweaked in a co-op mode.

Would love to play a Sonic co-op game, but yeah no idea how it'd work. The gameplay would most certainly have to be at a more Classic Sonic-esque pace.

I'd love to see them develop the racing concept more though, preferrably into 3D and 4-player. I'd still love to see a Sonic R-esque game that uses the Unleashed movement engine.

That Super Sonic cut-out looks really well done and professional. I also like the white edges around Classic Sonic, I wonder if that will be a new power-up in the game.

Wow dude, way to be an utter snob about a lighthearted photoshop job.

Wow dude, way to be an utter snob about a lighthearted photoshop job.

He posted that just to get enough posts to post his bid on the Market subforum. Don't pay any mind to it.

Co-op multiplayer in a 2D Sonic game: Possible. See the classics and the handheld games (Advance series). 2P co-op is tried and true, 3P can work (see Sonic 2 hack Sonic 2 Heroes), but 4P would make the scene too busy and cluttered.

Competitve multiplayer in a 2D Sonic game: Possible. See the classics and the handheld games (Advance, Rush, Rivals series), with Advance being able to handle 3P and even 4P multiplayer in addition to 2P.

Co-op multiplayer in a 3D Sonic game:

- Adventure gameplay-somewhat difficult, but for the most part possible. I personally thought Shadow the Hedgehog attempt at 2P co-op gameplay handled it decently. Don't know about Sonic 06. 3P co-op and 4P co-op could be possible (see Sonic Heroes).

- Unleashed gameplay: Very unlikely for even 2P, with the task of it being handled decently even more unlikely. Sonic Colors did try a crack at it (although for the most part the levels were in 2D). Not only does Sonic control like a racecar (who would be hard to keep up with at high speeds, especially considering the obstacles within the level design such as QTE, HA chains, areas where the player needs to slide, quick step areas, etc.), but in addition the boost renders co-op impossible unless the additional players ended up being dragged along the screen with Sonic or something (lol).

Competitve multiplayer in a 3D Sonic game:

- Adventure gameplay: Possible. See Sonic Adventure 2, Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonic 06.

- Unleashed gameplay: Unknown, as Sonic Team has of yet to try it. The probability of it is somewhat unlikely, even just for 2P. It depends on if the Hedgehog Engine (and the specs of the console) can handle creating, pre-loading, and running smoothly multiple sets of the level for multiple players (which the players would be going through at what likely would be at a very fast pace), which I doubt it can.

Edited by ModernHentaiQuillFan

I just wish Generations had had a multiplayer mode, personally. It's a shame, up until 06, they included an obligatory racing multiplayer mode regardless, yet they've dropped it lately. Especially considering the current modern gameplay seems ideal for multiplayer racing.

That said, I suppose it could have been technical limitations that made them leave it out. The console versions can struggle a little at some of the more crowded parts of some stages as it is, so I don't know how well split-screen would hold up without making heavy sacrifices to the framerate and draw distance.

Still would have been nice if possible, though.

I said this a long time ago, but...

LegoSonic-1.png

Now, in all seriousness, I am partially serious when I say that. It of course doesn't need to be Lego (Although seeing the characters as Legos would be funny), I mean the gameplay. It would be based more around exploration and teamwork.

Although, I'm sure I'm alone on this.

I enjoyed it in Colors, but only when the Speed was down to three stars.

I say yes on a multiplayer Sonic, but the game has to be somewhat simple, designed with multiplayer in mind, but not designed FOR Multiplayer. I don't want there to be any items I can't get just because a few of my friends never want to play. ( I'm lookin' at you Little Big Planet. )

I think most of us forgot this actually existed. Fast paced COOP gameplay with platforming, alternate routes, and special abilities. I guess they could do character specific routes (Sonic & Knuckles = Fast Drill) or something.

It probably would only happen if the games go back to Colors speed so it can handle two characters. Sonic Generations/Unleashed have a hard time at handling just one Sonic blazing past through the stage.

• Thumbs Up 1

Having online multiplayer for a Sonic game I think would be a very good idea, it's something new to have for the games and i'm sure it will be tons of fun to either race, fight or team up with people around the world as your favourite Sonic characters. biggrin.png

I have had this thought of maybe having like say a Sonic MMORPG game in my head for like a good few years now, where it's like you create your character, choose which class he/she is (Speed, Flight or Power) and then you go about on your adventure (I would say quest but come on this would be Sonic game, so it would have to be an adventure biggrin.png) to either to defeat the EGGMAN Empire or join it, that's just a little idea i've been thinking of, it might sound like a dumb one but it would be pretty cool to have a Sonic MMORPG. smile.png

But yes I agree one day soon we should have a Sonic game that has online multiplayer gameplay, because that would be AWESOME!!!! biggrin.png

Having online multiplayer for a Sonic game I think would be a very good idea, it's something new to have for the games and i'm sure it will be tons of fun to either race, fight or team up with people around the world as your favourite Sonic characters. biggrin.png

For the record, we already have online multiplayer in Generations 3DS, and Rush Adventure.

But it's racing only, and instead of seeing the other player, you just see a cursor of them.

I think most of us forgot this actually existed. Fast paced COOP gameplay with platforming, alternate routes, and special abilities.
That's about as fun as dental work.
  • Thumbs Up 1

For the record, we already have online multiplayer in Generations 3DS, and Rush Adventure.

But it's racing only, and instead of seeing the other player, you just see a cursor of them.

Oh yer and Rush Adventure was fun to play in online mode, even if you couldn't see your opponent lol but, if we had a Sonic game that had full on online where you can see the other players characters and you can interact with them when your say playing co-op mode, then that would be great and that would probably go down really well with the fans. :)