Awoo.

What do you see in the future of Sonic?

I appreciate that it was a special game for many, I don't mean to undermine that. I too loved its story, but the amount of frustration. No game was that frustrating, not even Eggmanland. In my eyes, as a game, SA2 just isn't very good, as a narrative on the other hand; no Sonic game beyond perhaps S3K can hold a candle to it.

OK, now we're talking. I got your point and even can agree with you to some extent, but I the way I see it, the only thing that could be that frustrating is Knuckles/Rouge levels in the second half of the game. Everything else could not possibly be THAT frustrating. Eggmanland is arguably on par with those levels.

I appreciate that it was a special game for many, I don't mean to undermine that. I too loved its story, but the amount of frustration. No game was that frustrating, not even Eggmanland. In my eyes, as a game, SA2 just isn't very good, as a narrative on the other hand; no Sonic game beyond perhaps S3K can hold a candle to it.

I agree. SA2 is very overrated. =/

I think at that point I think we can agree to differ. I think Eggmanland is a fantastically designed stage, if a little frustrating. Some of the later Rouge/Knuckles stages were just poorly designed given the mechanics offered. Maps were too large given the very, very precise, almost stiff radar. Not to mention the emeralds no longer glowed to better indicate their position, the hint system decided to be cheap and started to attempt to trick you (which isn't fair at all in a platformer).

Eggmanland may have been hard and frustrating, but at least all the level design was reasonably standard given the gameplay. The hardest part were those pipes you had to walk across, but those have been in the game since the first stage, you should have been able to learn how to play them by that point, whereas hints that tried to trick you is just cheap.

I agree. SA2 is very overrated. =/

Overrated is an extremely subjective term, one that people should learn to stop using.

If it is overrated, that doesn't stop people like myself from loving it, nor does it stop people from loving the game for how it is, particularly modern fans who actually like the genre routlette and are appaled that it is no longer seen in future titles.

That said, it works the other way. One has every right to say SA2 is garbage as long as they explain themselves, and Scar, as well as others, have in more than one occassion done just that. In fact, I believe Sonic Heroes is pile of filth that relies heavily on fanservice and nostalgia in order for it to be "good", and many people fell into that trap, but I'm not going to rag on the guy beside me who has a "Super Power of Teamwork!" shirt who loves the game.

They're just opinions.

Edited by Marco

Overrated is an extremely subjective term, one that people should learn to stop using.

If it is overrated, that doesn't stop people like myself from loving it, nor does it stop people from loving the game for how it is, particularly modern fans who actually like the genre routlette and are appaled that it is no longer seen in future titles.

That said, it works the other way. One has every right to say SA2 is garbage as long as they explain themselves, and Scar, as well as others, have in more than one occassion done just that. In fact, I believe Sonic Heroes is pile of filth that relies heavily on fanservice and nostalgia in order for it to be "good", and many people fell into that trap, but I'm not going to rag on the guy beside me who has a "Super Power of Teamwork!" shirt who loves the game.

They're just opinions.

I like SA2 myself. But as in "overrated" I mean overrated by the fanbase. As in people saying "ZOMG SONCI ADVENTURE 2 IS THE BEST SONIC GAME!!111".

The thing is you can say that for any game, especially for the Sonic series and how diverse it has been. For example, Sonic Adventure 2 for a long time was what I would call "The best Sonic game" for me, if only because I love the speed levels and found the other levels to either be fun or tolerable. The story however is what drew me in, and my favorite character happens to be Shadow, so there you go.

On the other hand, you can say the same thing for any of the classic games as well. Many people say "Sonic 2 is the best game ever!" which people would respond and say "No, Sonic 3 & Knuckles is the best game ever!" The problem is these type of opinions will always be what they are: Opinions.

We're free to debate about them in attempt to get the person to reevaluate the game, most likely in a group of opinions vs an opposing group of opinions. However, many have to realize at the end of the day they're all being subjective, and as such a game being overrated (or underrated) is in the eye of the beholder.

Edited by Marco

The thing is you can say that for any game, especially for the Sonic series and how diverse it has been. For example, Sonic Adventure 2 for a long time was what I would call "The best Sonic game" for me, if only because I love the speed levels and found the other levels to either be fun or tolerable. The story however is what drew me in, and my favorite character happens to be Shadow, so there you go.

On the other hand, you can say the same thing for any of the classic games as well. Many people say "Sonic 2 is the best game ever!" which people would respond and say "No, Sonic 3 & Knuckles is the best game ever!" The problem is these type of opinions will always be what they are: Opinions.

We're free to debate about them in attempt to get the person to reevaluate the game, most likely in a group of opinions vs an opposing group of opinions. However, many have to realize at the end of the day they're all being subjective, and as such a game being overrated (or underrated) is in the eye of the beholder.

Ok, it may be subjective but it doesn't change the fact that out of all of the 3D Sonic games, Sonic Adventure 2 is usually the one smiled upon the by the fanbase, so its not completely falsehood to say Sa2 is overrated.

Dude, your views are so radical, that it's not even funny. =| What you think about most Sonic games is the bipolar opposite of most people's opinions. (i.e. Sonic Generations). Iizuka and Sonic Team are doing fine with the franchise at this point. It's also funny how you said you wanted to delete your account, but you're still here. No one wants to believe your opinion if you force it on them. It was bad enough you spread this crap on the SEGA forums, now on here. Solo Sonica is starting to go away, now that Tails will be playable in Sonic 4: Episode II.

Also, Traveller's Tales did a horrible job with Sonic R. It's probably one of the worst Sonic games I've ever played. You think anything that's good is crap, (i.e. again Sonic "Genercrapations"). If you're not going to contribute, you best well be quiet. :^

How am I forcing anything on anyone.

Isn't the topic "what do you see in the future of Sonic? I am just saying what I think just like everyone else here is doing.

Just because it doesn't go with what you think doesn't mean I am forcing anything om anyone.

Generations was shit! Listen I got Colours 2 weeks ago and that game kicked the heck out of the so called Annaversary game. I couldn't believe it was made by the same people. I haven't had that much fun on a Sonic game since Heroes.

Oh and Sonic R is the best Sonic game out.

So tell me how is Sonic on the up? Generations has sold just over a million copies or something. Colours has outsold it and here get this Heroes sold 8,000,000 copies and went straight into the charts at #1 where as Generations barely managed the top 10 at #10. Heroes almost outsold the entire modern era. It sold only 2million copies less than Sonic 06, Unleashed, Generations and Colours combined. Heroes was still in the UK full price chart at #8 A YEAR after it's release.

Sonic needs to be rebooted by a different company. It is the only way to save it.

Isn't the topic "what do you see in the future of Sonic? I am just saying what I think just like everyone else here is doing.

Just because it doesn't go with what you think doesn't mean I am forcing anything om anyone.

Generations was shit! Listen I got Colours 2 weeks ago and that game kicked the heck out of the so called Annaversary game. I couldn't believe it was made by the same people. I haven't had that much fun on a Sonic game since Heroes.

So tell me how is Sonic on the up? Generations has sold just over a million copies or something. Colours has outsold it and here get this Heroes sold 8,000,000 copies and went straight into the charts at #1 where as Generations barely managed the top 10 at #10. Heroes almost outsold the entire modern era. It sold only 2million copies less than Sonic 06, Unleashed, Generations and Colours combined. Heroes was still in the UK full price chart at #8 A YEAR after it's release.

Sonic needs to be rebooted by a different company. It is the only way to save it.

I wish you would try to elaborate more on your explanations here. All I'm seeing here is a bunch of "Sonic Generations sucks" everywhere, which is fine if you disliked the game, but can you at least try to give a reason for it? I enjoyed it myself because I thought the controls were well and responsive, the music was great, the level design was very well done this time around in comparison to Colors, and the environments were beautiful. Plus, it was just a ton of fun to play, but that's just me. All you're saying is that it was a bad game and that the sales of a game imply how good it is..which may just be the most untrue thing about any kind of video game out there. The sales don't effect the quality, it just effects how much of the public actually tries it.

Now, I'm not suggesting that you don't have a valid opinion, because I honestly believe that everyone has their own different kind of things to believe in and if you really think that Sonic R was better than Sonic Generations for whatever reason, then I can respect that. But you need to explain and you can't just say "This sucks and this is better."

Edited by krazystitch
  • Thumbs Up 9

Sonic Team will keep using the Unleashed formula and improving upon it, the story will continue to take a back seat to the gameplay, Eggman will still have the best lines, Sonic will still be a cocky jerk, new Badniks will arise, Sonic will continue to be the only playable character in the 3D games, fans still complaining that the new Badniks in episode 2 are rehashes, and Ken Balough shall be given free reign resulting in the dead walking among us. biggrin.png

So yeah that's what I see.

• Thumbs Up 5

I wish you would try to elaborate more on your explanations here. All I'm seeing here is a bunch of "Sonic Generations sucks" everywhere, which is fine if you disliked the game, but can you at least try to give a reason for it? I enjoyed it myself because I thought the controls were well and responsive, the music was great, the level design was very well done this time around in comparison to Colors, and the environments were beautiful. Plus, it was just a ton of fun to play, but that's just me. All you're saying is that it was a bad game and that the sales of a game imply how good it is..which may just be the most untrue thing about any kind of video game out there. The sales don't effect the quality, it just effects how much of the public actually tries it.

Now, I'm not suggesting that you don't have a valid opinion, because I honestly believe that everyone has their own different kind of things to believe in and if you really think that Sonic R was better than Sonic Generations for whatever reason, then I can respect that. But you need to explain and you can just say "This sucks and this is better."

Fine I will tell you what I think if Generations:

Graphics - Beautiful. About the only thing they got right.

Controlls - The controlls were hideous. The same unresponsive mess they have had right through ou the entire modern era. Going fast they were alright but any slower and they were totally unresponsive.

Gameplay - I'll split between Classic and Modern, Classis was alright. I thought I was back playing the Genesis. Moderns was horrible.

Story - This game has the second worst story (after Assassin's Creed 1) in gaming history. It looked like it was written by someone whilst they were sitting on the toilet.

Music - This game has the shittiest sound track I have ever herd in gaming. All autotuned techno shit by Cash Cash. And just who thought that their lead singer could sing. He totally marmalized Super Sonic Racing. All the original tracks had been edited to shreds. Sonic Advance 3, Sonic Pinball Party and All Stars Racing have superiour remixes.

The challenges were a joke! I swear that if I had to do one more doppleganger race my 360 was going out the window. And whoever came up with that Vector challenge should be sacked. That was hands down the most inane retarded thing I have evr done in gaming. Bat a musical note around. Give me a break. Runners up ar4e the Blaze chaalenges and Collect Chao with Cream!

The boss battles were a complete joke. The Time Eater is the worst boss battle EVER in gaming history. By the time I got to it I was so bored I didn't finish it. That Silver battle was trully pathetic.

The choice of levels left a lot to be desired. But that is what I should have expected when Iizuka put the polls on Facebook and Twitter and listend to the casuals instead of putting it on the SEGA sites and listening to the hard core fans.

CPZ and Sky Sanctury! WTH! Just who picked them.

I also didn't like the way they treated Classic Sonic. First they only gave him 3 levels and 2 boss battles where as they gave Modern 6 levels and 5 boss battles but they kept him silent when they could have easily have given him a voice and treated him as some sort of bumbling sidekick. Not happy.

I was pumped for this game, Got it on day release but after 4 days I was ripping this crap out of my 360 in disgust. Let me tell you something, I hate Unleashed but I had more fun with that games daytime stages than the wholde of Generations.

Once the nostalgia factor wore off I realised I was looking at a shit as hell game.

Sorry but you are wrong about Colours. That game kicks the hell out of Generations. It had amazing graphics, (I would hate to think what they would look like in HD), great story (I love funny stories) great levels and gameplay. I haven't had that much fun on a Sonic game since Heroes.

So tell me how is Sonic on the up? Generations has sold just over a million copies or something. Colours has outsold it

Hmmm now you see, this kind of phantom figure stating is most interesting.

Didn't Sega say that Generations was the most pre-ordered Sonic game in history? So would that not in itself indicate that Sonic is on the up since people have come to see that it is a pretty good series? Call me crazy but... I can't see people pre-ordering a Sonic game if they were not looking forward to it, not with the stigma Sonic has.

First of all we need to look at the reasons why Generations has just sold over a million copies or something... even assuming that figure is anywhere near correct (It's not, I looked it up... it's completely wrong even if you don't include the 3DS figures it's completely wrong).

Now, why might Sonic colours have sold more copies than Sonic Generations? Could it be that maybe Sonic Colours has been out for well over a year? And Sonic colours has only been out for nearly 3 months?

Could it be that Sonic colours was released in Winter 2010, which was nothing like the release window that was 2011 which saw a huge boom in big titles that everybody wanted?

... Now all of this is assuming that Sonic Colours has indeed outsold Generations... Which it has not... if we take a visit to VGchartz... it doesn't appear to be the case.

The stats for Sonic Colours would be as follows...

2010 = 649,336

2011 = 574,114

2012 = 21,867

Total number of units sold= 1,215,317

Vs Sonic Generations which currently sits as follows...

Total units sold to date = 1,300,631

That would be a combination of both the PS3 and Xbox 360 sales... And by the way... I didn't include the PC units sold in that list (just over 50,000). Or the 3DS version.

So where you are getting the idea that Colours outsold generations from I don't know... since that would appear to be wrong.

and here get this Heroes sold 8,000,000 copies

Actually it sold just under 6 million... Thats quite a big mistake to make if you're going to use that as part of your anti modern argument. 6 million copies over 5 seperate releases of the game over an 8 year period... I imagine it would sell a few copies in that time

Heroes was still in the UK full price chart at #8 A YEAR after it's release.

Again this isn't right and very misleading. For starters, I didn't pay anywhere near full price for my copy when I got mine, secondly, Heroes was out on 4 seperate systems wasn't it? So which chart are we talking about here? Since there was no way it would have been the PS2 or Xbox, I assume it was the Gamecube since that didn't have much 3rd party support during the year Heroes was released.

Based on how spectacually wrong your information was... I think it's safe to say this doesn't need to happen.

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 9

Sonic Heroes sold only about 5.14 million copies. =/ The Doctor disapproves of your statement. Btw, Heroes is in the Dreamcast Era, ya dolt.

Fine I will tell you what I think if Generations:

Graphics - Beautiful. About the only thing they got right.

Controlls - The controlls were hideous. The same unresponsive mess they have had right through ou the entire modern era. Going fast they were alright but any slower and they were totally unresponsive.

Gameplay - I'll split between Classic and Modern, Classis was alright. I thought I was back playing the Genesis. Moderns was horrible.

Story - This game has the second worst story (after Assassin's Creed 1) in gaming history. It looked like it was written by someone whilst they were sitting on the toilet.

Music - This game has the shittiest sound track I have ever herd in gaming. All autotuned techno shit by Cash Cash. And just who thought that their lead singer could sing. He totally marmalized Super Sonic Racing. All the original tracks had been edited to shreds. Sonic Advance 3, Sonic Pinball Party and All Stars Racing have superiour remixes.

The challenges were a joke! I swear that if I had to do one more doppleganger race my 360 was going out the window. And whoever came up with that Vector challenge should be sacked. That was hands down the most inane retarded thing I have evr done in gaming. Bat a musical note around. Give me a break. Runners up ar4e the Blaze chaalenges and Collect Chao with Cream!

The boss battles were a complete joke. The Time Eater is the worst boss battle EVER in gaming history. By the time I got to it I was so bored I didn't finish it. That Silver battle was trully pathetic.

The choice of levels left a lot to be desired. But that is what I should have expected when Iizuka put the polls on Facebook and Twitter and listend to the casuals instead of putting it on the SEGA sites and listening to the hard core fans.

I also didn't like the way they treated Classic Sonic. First they only gave him 3 levels and 2 boss battles where as they gave Modern 6 levels and 5 boss battles but they kept him silent when they could have easily have given him a voice and treated him as some sort of bumbling sidekick. Not happy.

I was pumped for this game, Got it on day release but after 4 days I was ripping this crap out of my 360 in disgust. Let me tell you something, I hate Unleashed but I had more fun with that games daytime stages than the wholde of Generations.

Once the nostalgia factor wore off I realised I was looking at a shit as hell game.

Sorry but you are wrong about Colours. That game kicks the hell out of Generations. It had amazing graphics, (I would hate to think what they would look like in HD), great story (I love funny stories) great levels and gameplay. I haven't had that much fun on a Sonic game since Heroes.

Hyperbolic statement is hyperbolic. =/

Beyond that, you said that Generations killed Sonic. To whom? Because it more or less breathed new life into the franchise, its a game that so many gamers outside our fanbase enjoy and is quoted by many to have "saved the franchise". So I ask you, in what way has Sonic Generations killed Sonic.

Lol, you are out of your mind. You can enjoy Sonic R, there is no problem with that, but you cannot argue its the best Sonic game. Its incredibly easy, half the players have broken controls and there is little to no balancing at all. Its all-in-all a pretty mediocre game. Generations is far better, in almost every way.

Heroes came after Sonic Adventure 2, one of the most popular Sonic games ever. It rode on the success of its predecessor. Unleashed, Colours and Generations came out after Sonic 06, one of the most hated games of all time. Additionally, Heroes didn't have to contend with the likes of Skyrim, Batman Arkham City, Battlefeild 3, Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 3 (which outsold Heroes on its first day), Uncharted 3 and many more.

On the whole though, since the catastrophy of Sonic 06, Sonic games' sales are on the rise.

Haha OK.

Unresponsive? I'm not sure what you mean. They're perfectly responsive to me. As long as the latency on yout TV is good (around 5ms) it should be fine, more than about 6-7ms response time will result in "unresponsive controls". Most people don't seem to have any problem with the responsiveness of the controls, or any problems with the controls at all (I'm not talking about mechanics here), yeah they aren't perfect, but they're not horrible. Being the only person who believes so doesn't add any credibility to your statement.

You seem to throw the phrase "...worst in gaming history" a lot. Evidently you haven't heard Sonic Chronicle's soundtrack. Besides, Cash Cash's remixes were good and even if you didn't like them, only accounted for about a quarter of the whole soundtrack.

You don't have to play all of them......

Beyond that the challenge missions are supposed to be....er.....challenging. Of course the doppelganger missions are frustratingly hard, too easy and there literally is no point to them.

Chemical Plant Zone is one of the most popular stages in Sonic history. Sky Sanctuary is a fantastic and also a fairly popular stage. What are you talking about. You're talking out of your ass and losing a lot of credibility. You don't represent everyone.

It sounds like you half-assed half of these points due to a lack of substantial points to support your argument.

Well, whatever your opinion on Sonic Generations is, I'm pretty sure you're in a minority. Nobody seems to hate the game as much as you do and the overwhelming majority of people, even detractors of the gameplay style, seem to have extracted some amount of enjoyment from the game. Again, you can kick and scream, but it isn't going to change the fact that Generations is a well-made, well-received Sonic game and is extremely popular.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 5

I can't say I agree with this. Through all the time I've spent playing this game, the controls always responded and worked the way that I wanted them to. The only time the controls ever failed me were a couple of times in Chemical Plant Zone where I was trying to perform the shortcut at the beginning and I needed to do the light dash after hitting the red rings. But other than that one spot, there has never been a moment where the controls didn't respond or where it felt like Sonic was too loose or too tight. The drift and mapping were all set up pretty well.

Again, I bring back the question I set up in the previous post, "Why?" What exactly did you like and what did you dislike? You're just saying that one is great and the other was awful but no reasoning behind it. Was it the boosting? The level design for Modern levels? Explanations back up opinions.

Okay fine, I will admit that the story wasn't really a piece of work this time around, but while I wouldn't go so far as to call it one of the worst in gaming history and I thought Assassin's Creed had an amazing story, we'll just leave it to Sonic Generations and agree that it could have been stronger.

What? Some of the music was practically exactly the same as it was on the Genesis aside from a few little touch ups here and there like it was for Classic Green Hill and Classic Chemical Plant Zone. While some songs were better than others, the game has an amazing soundtrack that add to the atmosphere of the levels, I loved the remixes throughout the game. Plus, if you really believe that Sonic Advance 3 has a better soundtrack than Sonic Generations, then..I just really don't know what to say to that.

Hence most of them being optional and not necessary for the story. You only had to play through a few, no one forced you to play them all. If you didn't like them, then don't play them, simple as that.

Time Eater may have just been the weakest boss battle in the game, I can agree to this. it just didn't have the atmosphere that a final boss should have, but I cant say the same for the other boss fights. Silver's boss fight this time around and the Egg Dragoon fight were ones that I actually had a lot of fun playing through. They were enjoyable and had good scenarios and attacks.

Agree to disagree. While I admit, I was a bit disappointed at first with the list that they decided to go with, once I played Sonic Generations and experienced them for myself, I realized that SEGA did a pretty damn good job designing the levels, which is what should count in the long run anyways. Many people adore Sky Sanctuary and personally, Chemical Plant Zone is one of my favorite Sonic zones in the franchise's history. The reimaginings of levels like Crisis City and Speed Highway were fantastic and made very well for the game.

I accept your opinion from earlier even though I disagreed with it and you still insist that mine is wrong? That's a bit rude, wouldn't you say? The only thing I didn't like about Colors was the level design, it felt like it was too blocky for what is a Sonic the Hedgehog game, but the problem was fixed in Sonic Generations, thus getting me to appreciate that one a bit more. If you ask me, Sonic Colors was just a step in getting SEGA to see what they had to do to make Sonic Generations the best that it could be in terms of what people wanted, but it wasn't a bad game. Edited by krazystitch

Yeah, Chemical Plant Zone was my favourite Zone in Sonic 2.

Plus in Generations its probably tied for best with Crisis City. (in my opinion of course)

I just loved the way these levels were recreated for the game and especially how the each was re-envisioned for the Sonic that didn't originally go through them so to speak. Classic Sonic's Crisis City was incredible to me.

On the main topic though, I think the future of Sonic is as bright as its ever been.

I think Generations appealed to a wide audience and brought in new fans as well as appealing to current ones.

And I am looking forward to Sonic 4: Episode II :D

Just a couple of things I'll address.

Firstly, "all autotuned techno shit"? Cash Cash only did like 1/4 of the soundtrack tops. And most of those didn't even have singing! And original tracks edited to shreds? I'll ignore the Classic remixes of the Classic era levels and Stardust Speedway (considering Death Egg Robot was orchestrated) as they sound VERY similar to the originals, as do some other tracks like Speed Highway Modern and Planet Wisp Modern. But as for the rest... "edited to shreds"? Lotta hyperbole I'd say, they are remixes.

And the choice of levels... what's this about casuals and hardcore? Sounds like you're trying to claim yourself as a "true fan", but you don't speak for everyone. If they had gone with the levels you wanted on facebook (and tbf, I didn't like Sky Sanctuary as a choice much either but it turned out to be fun to play so meh), you wouldn't be calling them casuals now would ya? It's remarkable how much the whole "hardcore" or "true fan" people just so happen to be the ones that completely agree with you, hey? tongue.png And for the record Chemical Plant was hugely popular, iconic, and well remembered.

Or, you could be trolling.

In terms of the future, they're probably gonna play it safe a little bit more. I hope they get more experimental with the story, but it's not a complete deal breaker. I assume they'll keep improving the Modern gameplay, perhaps having less 2D and having less blocky platforming (I don't mind it aside from the "staircases" personally) as well as making the controls even better, you know, listening to the feedback. I reckon they're on the right track, but I'm one person and in some ways who am I to say?

Edited by Semi-colon e

Are we sure that hoggys2much is even a genuine poster? His remarks seem tailored to induce rage and derail topics.

Can we not just move past this and focus on the topic once more?

Agreed

​Besides, people(including me) have been arguing with him way to many times on the sega forum and I really don't want to again.

What I see for the future of sonic is the same quality that we are getting from the games now. Not exactly 100 Perfect, but pretty damn good. Like Generations and colors and the sonic CD re-release/remake. I wouldn't call them perfect, but There definitely a step in the right direction. I'm just slightly worried about S4E2.

So ya. I doubt we'll be getting anything like 06 any time soon.

Edited by Mephiles550

Are we sure that hoggys2much is even a genuine poster? His remarks seem tailored to induce rage and derail topics.

He's from the Sega Forums.

My my.. Are we really comparing Sonic R to generations? O_o Am I dreaming?]]]

Well that's a shocker. But still, sonic may have had it rough for the past few years, but he's working his way back to the top. Keep up the good work sega.

Wouldn't it be much more easy to just replace Iizuka with someone else? Why change the whole developmers team?

Because you need to remember you would still be stuck with the same useless development team. For a reboot you need to start from scratch which means a whole new team of developers and new director..

Here try this as an example of what a change in development team can do for a franchise:

My all time favourite franchise is Tomb Raider right. Now after making three horrendous games in Tomb Raider's IV, V and Angel Of Darkness Eidos sacked Core Design (who developed the game) and gave the game to another of their subsiduaries in Crystal Dynamics. End result 3 of the best games I have ever played.

Now that is what needs to happen to Sonic. He needs to be given to someone else (preferably Platinum Games (or any of SEGA's othe subsiduaries)) so they can inject fresh and new ideas into the franchise as Sonic Team haven't got a clue.

Edited by hoggys2much