Awoo.

King Frosty

Really hate this game. I guess the other Sonic Advance games are decent, but they controls are so damn slippery in this one

Fucking awful piece of shit, and I for one am glad this thread exists because it has been nearly a year since I got to tear into it properly in a controlled environment.

Just give me some time to get the brain working again. Hopefully this thread won't be locked by the time I'm ready.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 4

My favourite of the Advance games despite some bad level design. I liked the variety in team combos, and I thought the levels and especially the soundtracks and bosses were quite fun. It's not a great game, but I do really like it. Twinkle Snow is probably my favourite level in this one.

This is a joke isn't it.. Be prepared for me to take it seriously.

It is pretty terrible, in almost every way. Except for two things:

-Music Plant Zone, the stage itself wasn't that great, but the trope was cool.

-Classic Physics

Advance 3 was better than Advance 2. It's levels seemed to stand out more, had much easier Special Stages and even to get to. Heck, we all remember Chaos Angel. It may have been one of the best finale levels. As a big fan of Battle, it seemed a good ending to the game. Sure, I still dislike Cream making Gemerl her slave but whatever.

Advance 3 is a good game. I'd say it's either on the same level or slightly above Advance 2. I really liked that they did bring back some platforming into the Advance 2 formula, but some of the level designs were sloppy, and the object placement was dickish at times too. I liked the team gimmick and would like to see it come back sometime. Overall, I like it, about the same or a little more then Advance 2 as I said above, but neither beat Advance 1 which I love to death.

I remember I liking it but I also remember liking Sonic Advanced 2, 1 and Battle much more.

It has also been years since I played it.

-Classic Physics

- Music Plant was from Advance 2. Advance 3 had Toy Kingdom.

- Advance 3 botches Classic physics with aerial acceleration and and otherwise wonky jump.

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

Eddy, I walked into this thread ready to give your ass a beating, only to be suprised by your clever joke. I applaud you.

Anyway, Sonic Advance 3 was pretty decent at most. It didn't hold a candle to Advance 2, but was a lot better than Advance 1 (it was fun, but generic). Advance 3 is creative, but what it does right it counteracted by something it does wrong, which is something that shouldn't happen in games.

Also, I recall two hubs sharing the same tileset? Not cool.

-Classic Physics

• Thumbs Up 2

I loved Sonic Advance 3 and still play it to this day. Though some of the design choices were admitedly bad, I still very much enjoy playing through the levels, listening to music, and some of the bosses as well (especially the final bosses)

Also Wooly, I believe you're thinking about Toy Kingdom, Music Plant was from Advance 2. Speaking of which, I also notice that Advance 2 generally did tropes better than in Advance 3, the best examples being Ice Paradise vs. Route 99/twinkle snow, and Techno Base vs. Cyber Track

Edited by New Year's Cero

- Music Plant was from Advance 2. Advance 3 had Toy Kingdom.

- Advance 3 botches Classic physics with aerial acceleration and and otherwise wonky jump.

C'mon man i know your just trying to pull everyones chains but could you rename the topic to "Sonic Advance 3"?

-Classic Physics

Toy Kingdom was awesome. I want to see more unique tropes. Same with Music Plant from Sonic Advance 2. Anyways, Advance 3 was definitely the weakest of the three Advance games. Physics weren't as tight, and the team mechanic wasn't a very good idea in general.

It was a shitty game with some of the same problems as Sonic Heroes. Those being:

• Genuinely awful level design

• Poorly implemented team / partner mechanic

• Stupid bosses

There are more that I could probably think of but those are the main ones. I dubbed it "Sonic Heroes Portable" years ago.

• Thumbs Up 3

SONIC 200- Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Well, I didn't dislike Advance 3, I thought it had some really fun moments, but of the entire Nintendo-based handheld lineup, this one's definitely the weakest. The team-based gimmick was a cool idea, but unfortunately it didn't have me looking for more combos aside from just Sonic and Tails. That, and the level design isn't very memorable.

It's not terrible, I think it's certainly underrated, but at the same time I can understand apathy for it.

Edited by Indigo Rush