Awoo.

Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles XBLA coming this summer

Detective Shadzter

I've tried the online (With the appropritly names "Sayonara Shadow" and "Miles Prowler", matching avatars too) and I will say that yes, if you join a multiplayer game the delay is horrible, it's about half a second before it responds (Saying that I still managed to win one match)

That sucks, I was really hoping they'd have fixed it for this release. Don't they bug test these before they release them? Have they treated the other SEGA Vintage Collection online multiplayer enabled releases this way too? The Sonic games are the only ones from the collection I've bought so far.

EDIT:

Just got all achievements, yayz! I've finally just played my first online match against someone called Furry Kitsune, they quickly nabbed Tails while I chose Sonic and they chose Balloon Park. As I suspected they used that glitch from the original Mega Drive game where you land on the balloon when flying, bounce to the upper left curve, run on the ceiling and glitch through to the roof where you can run to the right and get all 5 laps done in 5 seconds and win the race. I of course gave them bad rep for unsporting conduct as that glitch is annoying outside of single player messing about.

Also, I too experienced lag as the second player. The lag is just as annoying as it is Sonic 2 >_<

EDIT 2:

39 people have ALREADY hacked the leaderboard with 9999990 scores >_<

I rank 125 with my proper score.

Sonova-....No Virtual Console release?

Sonic 3 is already on the VC, but we dunno what's happening with Sonic & Knuckles yet. It hasn't even appeared without lock-on, but personally that highly suggests to me that they're working on lock-on. If they didn't care they would have released it on it's own for a quick buck already by now.

It would be nice if the Sonic & Knuckles VC release had that 'lock-on with any game it can that you already own' that I've heard thrown around. I don't know if the VC can do that though but I'd rather it did so I can use it with the Sonic 1 and 3 I already own. I don't mind paying for two Megadrive games in order to play Sonic 3 & Knuckles but if they just release Sonic & Knuckles separately and either don't bother with the lock on or bring out S3&K as a separate game I won't be best pleased.

Edited by Xavious

I always figured the easiest way to do it would just be use whatever programming that detects you've bought a game to redownload it (even if that game is now on the SD card or deleted). See if they own Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles, if so, yay, you can download Sonic 3 & Knuckles free. Likewise for Knuckles in Sonic 2 and Blue Sphere.

Then like on Mega Collection just load up the save file from Sonic 3 the first time you play before copying it and keeping the second file just for 3&K.

That sucks, I was really hoping they'd have fixed it for this release. Don't they bug test these before they release them? Have they treated the other SEGA Vintage Collection online multiplayer enabled releases this way too? The Sonic games are the only ones from the collection I've bought so far.

EDIT:

Just got all achievements, yayz! I've finally just played my first online match against someone called Furry Kitsune, they quickly nabbed Tails while I chose Sonic and they chose Balloon Park. As I suspected they used that glitch from the original Mega Drive game where you land on the balloon when flying, bounce to the upper left curve, run on the ceiling and glitch through to the roof where you can run to the right and get all 5 laps done in 5 seconds and win the race. I of course gave them bad rep for unsporting conduct as that glitch is annoying outside of single player messing about.

Also, I too experienced lag as the second player. The lag is just as annoying as it is Sonic 2 >_<

EDIT 2:

39 people have ALREADY hacked the leaderboard with 9999990 scores >_<

I rank 125 with my proper score.

its not really a hack but just takes a long time to do.......i think ill make a vid since ive done it *rank 56 with 9999990 score*

here you go ^^

Ha ha :lol: Should have known it would be that. I wonder how people got that same score on the Sonic 1 and 2 online leaderboards?

Xbox Live is back up and the recent SEGA Vintage Collection titles like Sonic 3 have disappeared from the Xbox Live Marketplace. Hopefully its just a small problem since Xbox Live came back online and will be fixed soon.

Xbox Live is back up and the recent SEGA Vintage Collection titles like Sonic 3 have disappeared from the Xbox Live Marketplace. Hopefully its just a small problem since Xbox Live came back online and will be fixed soon.

They've reappeared, and now unlike before, they ALL have box art now. I guess they were just fixing that.

Well, I already have Sonic 3 on my Genesis emulators for PC, GC, and PSP, I have it on Sonic & Knuckles Collection for my PC (which was how I first played the game, and Sonic 3 was my first Sonic game, first played it when I was 5), I have it on Sonic Mega Collection Plus for the PS2, and Ultimate Genesis Collection for the PS3. But the reason why I downloaded this on XBLA is just for the achievements. I've had it for two nights now and I already have 8 of the achievements. After I get all of the achievements on this, I'm going to get Gunstar Heroes next and get lots of achievements on that.

Took them long enough to announce this, but it has the freakin' lock on included? I own Sonic The Hedgehog 1 and 2 already on XBLA, so count me in!

• 2 weeks later...

They not long released Sonic 3, so I'd imagine they're trying to pace out the release of the games a bit. Just a thought, is all.

• 5 weeks later...

I don't think so, but I'm not really sure.

The Achievements for it have been released though, and for quite a while, so it perhaps won't be that much longer.

Clicky for Achievements!

It's a pity that, much like Sonic 3, these aren't at all challenging (IMO), although I'm not sure what I was expecting...

Clicky for Achievements!

It's a pity that, much like Sonic 3, these aren't at all challenging (IMO), although I'm not sure what I was expecting...

.... You know, even though I can complete all of those achievements in my sleep, most look like those that ANYONE could do with ease. Enter a bonus stage? Collect 100 Rings? Start the game once as each character? Wow, I sure feel accomplished.

But then again, for a simple XBA game, I guess it'd only be fair.

But then again, for a simple XBA game, I guess it'd only be fair.

Not necessarily, Bionic Commando: Rearmed has some pretty scary achievements. But then again, most ports get pretty easy achievements. I mean, in Duke Nukem 3D, you get an achievement for stepping in shit. Literally.

Not necessarily, Bionic Commando: Rearmed has some pretty scary achievements. But then again, most ports get pretty easy achievements. I mean, in Duke Nukem 3D, you get an achievement for stepping in shit. Literally.

But that's because BC:R on Hard and Very Hard is a friggin nightmare. Heck the original BC was known to be a hard game in general.

Admittidly, it depends on whether those achievements are compatible with Sonic 3 or not.

Getting all the chaos emeralds is fine and dandy, but on S&K where I can't save, use the mushroom hill ring over and over again, and thus must seek out every special ring and get the chaos emeralds in those very difficult special stages with a limit on how many special rings there are in the game?

No way can I do that. D=

But yeah the other achievements are a piece of cake.

Getting all the chaos emeralds is fine and dandy, but on S&K where I can't save, use the mushroom hill ring over and over again, and thus must seek out every special ring and get the chaos emeralds in those very difficult special stages with a limit on how many special rings there are in the game?

No way can I do that. D=

Well, if you search real hard, you can find enough special rings to get all the emeralds in the Mushroom Hill, or at least most of them. It's not too hard as most of them you'll be able to find easily if you look thoroughly.

Edited by VirgoTheCougar

Yeah, but that also requires being a master at the special stages. Some of them took me over 20 or so tries. D=

Well, if you search real hard, you can find enough special rings to get all the emeralds in the Mushroom Hill, or at least most of them. It's not too hard as most of them you'll be able to find easily if you look thoroughly.

Finding most of them on Mushroom Hill is pretty much mandatory. There aren't that many special stage rings on Sandopolis and Lava Reef, at least not on the usual routes I take. And then every other stage in Sonic & Knuckles have no rings at all.