Awoo.

Worst Sonic boss?

The Dead Skin

After thinking it over long and hard I've chosen the Time Eater as my definitive answer to the worst Sonic boss. It's astonishing how they dropped the ball at the end, and right after having so much fun with the Egg Dragoon remake. Fucking Sonic Team.

• Thumbs Up 1

There really hasn't been a decent boss battle since 1998 hasn't there.

I guess all of Generations' were shit now?

After thinking it over long and hard I've chosen the Time Eater as my definitive answer to the worst Sonic boss. It's astonishing how they dropped the ball at the end, and right after having so much fun with the Egg Dragoon remake. Fucking Sonic Team.

Even Eggman's Amazing Ball-O-Chain Revision 6724328 would have been better xD

Egg Dragoon - Sonic Generations - PS3/360

1) TIME FOR A CHANGE OF PACE!

2) If you take the Grind rails, You never get to face the "Parallel Attack" or "Burn"

3) 2D Section - Jump, Jump, Jump, Jump, Jump, Jump, Wall Jump, Jump, Jump, Jump, Jump, Jump, Jump, Etc.

4) I Still have no Idea how to do the Sky Diving without randomly flying Left Right & Center...

Also, RIP Arena Bosses :'(

I guess all of Generations' were shit now?

Oh no, I don't think Generations is the best thing since slice bread, I truly am scum. /sarcasm

Dude, its good, very good, but not that good, especially since all but one of the bosses are based on pre existing ones so its not much of an accomplishment.

Edited by Shadic Claus

Even Eggman's Amazing Ball-O-Chain™ Revision 6724328 would have been better xD

I never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather fight any of the Sonic 4 rehash bosses again instead of the Time Eater.

• Thumbs Up 2

Time Eater's up there, i'm afraid. Needn't mention 06 of course.

The ones i've always hated are those bosses where you're constantly running. Simply put, i think they're complete ass, which is why I hate Advance 2's bosses so much.

Seriously?

Is no one else going to mention it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdoGHn0UxIY

This is not only the worst Sonic boss ever, this is easily the worst boss fight I've every played in my entire gaming career. And I've played some pretty pathetic ones. If Sonic vs. Silver was the Superman 64 of boss battles, then Big vs. Chaos 6 is the Big Rigs. Between the already poorly adjusted controls, obscured target, utterly broken mechanic and complete disregard for how the fishing gameplay has been taught, Big's "fight" with Chaos 6 is the poster child of bad boss design in my book.

Seriously?

Is no one else going to mention it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdoGHn0UxIY

This is not only the worst Sonic boss ever, this is easily the worst boss fight I've every played in my entire gaming career. And I've played some pretty pathetic ones. If Sonic vs. Silver was the Superman 64 of boss battles, then Big vs. Chaos 6 is the Big Rigs. Between the already poorly adjusted controls, obscured target, utterly broken mechanic and complete disregard for how the fishing gameplay has been taught, Big's "fight" with Chaos 6 is the poster child of bad boss design in my book.

That boss for me was incredibly easy. But I don't care because it was Big's gameplay. You know, the one with the FISHING gameplay. -_-

Anyway, Time Eater and Wacky Workbench's boss are just a pain for me. Actually, like a lot of people said, a lot of the bosses in the Sonic games are quite bad.

Most, if not all of the Super bosses. As for a lot of them it's incredibly vague what you're supposed to do/how the fuck you can harm them. Though Doomsday and Perfect Dark Gaia HD are the worst.

On the other end of the spectrum there's the first boss of Sonic 1 GG, probably the easiest boss in all of Sonic.

Edited by Wearied Flames

Wow people don't like the Diablon fight. Now that I think of it it wasn't a good boss fight at all, it downplayed Sonic and at times it was hard to hit his weakpoint. But it becomes laughworthy once Shadow gets Chaos Blast for infinite ammo.

Also Devil Doom, while he was epic it was a pain to fight him, mostly because it was hard to connect a fully charged Chaos Spear. Its really hard to aim with all those meteors. D:

Dark Gaia (Wii) because of a couple of things. The boxing match is hard at times, he likes to use meteors to make sure Sonic doesn't hit him, and he has a fricking undodgeable attack. To this day I haven't beat Sonic Unleashed because Dark Gaia is a cheap bastard.

And another one is the stupid drill tank from Sonic 2. It was stupidly easy. :P

Dark Gaia (360/PS3) is so unbelievably shitty that I actually remember how unbelievably shitty it is. My memories of all of the other awful bosses in this franchise normally just fade away after awhile and don't bug me, but not this one, oh god no. So instead of me typing a long rant about how unbelievably shitty this boss is, which would no doubt involve many swear words, I'm just going to say my feelings about it in a sentence. You ready?

The bosses in Sonic 06 are immaculate compared to this cockamamie piece of trash.

Edited by Nix

Beat Generations today.

Fuck. the Time Eater. That's 15 minutes of my life that I will never get back and it was spent raging at the stupidity of it all, such a shitty ending for an otherwise good game, tis sad.

That boss for me was incredibly easy. But I don't care because it was Big's gameplay. You know, the one with the FISHING gameplay. sleep.png

Never said it wasn't easy. It was a one hit "kill" you can pull off in 7 seconds, but that doesn't change that it couldn't be more awkward and anticlimactic. And if Big Rigs is "So Bad, It's Hilarious" then this can be too, but in mechanics, controls, gratification and all around necessity, it's still abysmal.

Edited by SuperStingray

Never said it wasn't easy. It was a one hit "kill" you can pull off in 7 seconds, but that doesn't change that it couldn't be more awkward and anticlimactic. And if Big Rigs is "So Bad, It's Hilarious" then this can be too, but in mechanics, controls, gratification and all around necessity, it's still abysmal.

Eh, again, I didn't care; I was just happy I was done with Big's so-called "storyline." One of his levels I was stuck on for probably months, just because I didn't know how to reel Froggy in with a different method.

Metal Overlord in Heroes. I thought I was going to fight Metal Sonic, not his Godzilla form. Not to mention you only have to spam the Team Blast to beat him.

Sonic 2 first boss. They weren't even trying. It must have been SO difficult to program too, "car goes left, then right". GENIUS

Really? Sure it's a simple boss, but what about the fact that the drill flies off before the final hit, catching out first time players?

It's not too challenging, but there's one attack at the end which surprises the player, telling them "yeah Eggman isn't gonna go down as simply that" but still being forgiving enough that you're unlikely to fail the first boss as a result of the surprise attack.

Seems like top quality first boss content to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seems like top quality first boss content to me.

I always saw it as Eggman's machine was breaking down so the drill flew off. Maybe I might have overreacted a bit.

Sonic 2 first boss. They weren't even trying. It must have been SO difficult to program too, "car goes left, then right". GENIUS

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh gosh. I just remembered one boss in particular that annoyed me to death.

SonicAdvance33.png

Dat Toy Kingdom Boss. D:

Everytime I try to fight him I end of falling into one of those pits, even before the fight begins. D: Seriously, WTF Sega.

• Thumbs Up 2

Any boss battle involving Silver the Hedgehog. (Except the one in the console version of Generations.)

Edited by Strange-Hedgehog

Ah, speaking of bosses "that weren't even trying", there's the Green Hill Zone boss from Sonic the Hedgehog (GG). It's literally just Eggman in his Eggmobile flying around in a haphazard attempt at crashing into you. He doesn't even try to fly high enough so you can't just jump into him all the time, so you can literally do in all eight hits before he can even attack. As far as I'm concerned, that's the epitome of lousy bosses.

I actually liked all the Generations boss battles (except Time Eater) and all the Colours boss battles. I also enjoyed all the Advance 1 to 3 bosses too. Except this thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwgmDE5WslY&feature=related

I also found the Chaos 4 battle quite boring, even though I prefer a boss battle where you have a limited amount of time to hit it, while dodging attacks. Probably why I enjoyed the Biolizard so much, and Beta MKII.

I see some people are talking about the first boss battle in the early games, but correct me if I'm wrong, isn't the beginning of a game supposed to be easy so it draws you further in? Until your fighting Silver Sonic and the Death Egg Robot with no rings.

• Thumbs Up 1