What did you GIVE this holiday season?

\gunther

To mine beautiful ladyfriend,

-Kirby: Return to Dream Land

-Earrings

-25$ Chapters Gift Card

(Nearly 200$ total!)

To the famfam,

Lil' Bro: Sax-playing Santa Claus, Skittles, complete Assassin's Creed Revelations OST.

Lil' Sis: [same], [same], Saints Row 3 (yes, my younger sister plays Rated M games)

Older Sis: Scarf holder and a scarf. She loves scarves.

Mom: Christmas angel, and pitched in for a collective present involving kitchen tools and appliances that she fancied for a while.

Dad: A brass rod of sorts that helps him into his shoes without having to bend over and hurt his back, Angry Birds kids game as a joke. xD

I gave a fluffy Penguin and a box of chocolates to my Mum, and I baked a cake for my Cousin.

Edited by KrazySanta14

Spent the most I have on Christmas in some time, around four-hundred. Nine-hundred if you count the gf's operation and having to put my corgi down, both earlier this week.

I got my mom some seat covers for her car (What? She said she needed them!), and my dad a hug because I ran out of money.

Here's what I gave:

Mom: The Help DVD

Dad: Monty Python and the Holy Grail DVD

Sister: Glee Calendar and handmade Mrs. Schuster Bag (...OK, my mom actually gave those to her, but I wrapped it. XD).... Oh and an IOU for a Darren Criss poster.

Cousin: Personal Pie Maker

Cousin's Husband: Sonic Legacy Book 1 (He grew up on Sonic)

I also gave a pair of pajamas and a scarf to some other relatives.

=3 I got my Mom DJ Hero 1 and 2, plus two computer games she wanted, and the Undead Nightmare DLC for Red Dead Redemption (Though I gave that to her early!)

...8D Yes my Mom's a gamer, it's awesome.

• Thumbs Up 1

I gave my brother and sister both one of these, my mother one of these, and my dad one of these.

After I clicked that first link, I expected your parents' presents to be Pony-related, as well.

They aren't... and this disappoints me a smidge.

So although I'm significantly richer now, before Christmas I was quite short on money indeed, so my gifts were relatively cheap. One sister got new headphones from me, and since the other recently obtained a new phone, I gave her a gift card for the Android app store. Mom got an electric callous remover (she explicitly asked for one) and Dad got a new pair of slippers. Bought a Fluttershy shirt for one friend and Portal 2 for another. I still don't know how I managed to dig out all that money despite not having a job/allowance/any income of the sort.

But the best feeling was going to a soup kitchen earlier today to help with the holiday meals. It was my first time volunteering in one, and I have to say, although people told me I missed out on an awesome Christmas party - it was definitely worth it. It's a weird feeling when I look upon my stash on Christmas morning and see all the amazing things I received and then think about the less fortunate, who would've been satisfied with much, much less. I know that helping with meals is extremely tiny in the scheme of things, and I still feel slightly bad about my own stash, but it was nice to do something, however small.

I know this is the giving thread, but still. Getting to see those smiles this Christmas morning was an amazing gift.

My girlfriend's parents' house was set alight a few months ago and they've been living in a hotel for the past few months, so we got them a DVD Player and a couple of DVDs to go with it (Phantom of the Opera and Harry Potter).

My parents did not want much, so just a CD, book and laptop case between them.

Brother, living in Australia, had a bit of money wired to him.

The girlfriend got the same DVDs her parents did, and also Series 5 of Angel (there was much hinting). She also got one gift a few weeks early - rubber frames you wrap around your shoes/boots, with spikes underneath, to help with grip in the ice/snow.

Well I simply made my family some cards and all that...

I got my girlfriend some Sterling Silver Earrings, as well as a few games she wanted (Dragon Age: Origins, Demolition Inc, Tobe's Vertical Adventure, Garry's Mod, Half-Life 2, the Humble Bundle, as well as (partly) Portal 1 & 2 & Sanctum, as well as making something with her.).

I got friends: 3 Copies of Dead Island, Portal 2, 3 copies of Bulletstorm, 2 copies of Sanctum, Garry's Mod, 2 Copies of Killing Floor, Killing Floor DLC, Beat Hazard Complete, Half-Life 2, Batman Arkham Asylum, Tom Clancy's Endwar, Braid, World of Goo, Borderlands, E.Y.E., Audiosurf, Flight Control HD, 2 copies of Alien Vs Predator, Sonic Generations, and a few others that escape me off the top.