Awoo.

Fan Made Sonic Remixes/Songs

Chaos Warp

So this topic is about Fan Made Sonic Remixes/Songs. You can post and discus them here. I will start with the incredible Starry Night, from Sonic Megamix.

So 90's SEGASonic it's not even funny, and I love it's feel.

Discuss!

Edited by Christmas Warp
  • Thumbs Up 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFh2BnsFs8c

This is made by someone on the forums. It's really heart pounding and amazing!And the "Tornado carrying a car" bit is just epic!

The crisis city remixes are some of my favorite. Especially this other one.

The Metal remix sounds awesome, but I have to say my favourite is the mash-up. Mixed so well it doesn't even sound like a mash-up, and everything fits together perfectly.

Here's something by the always-amazing OC remix!

So heat-pounding, gets you pumped, yet so freakishly epic. To me, it sounds like a Modern remix of Death Egg. My favourite mix of Death Egg of all time.

Speaking of Death Egg Zone remixes - http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/128513

It's a little dry, and not quite the genre you would expect it to be (Dance), but to me, it really captures the tension of the moment within the game when Sonic is in the Zone, especially in Act 2. When the song gets to 2:35 and through to 3:30, you can just feel "oh shit, something's about to go down." I really like PaulStetich's take on this theme.

Newgrounds is typically where I pick up Sonic remixes. "Voice From The Hell," a remix of the Final Zone in Sonic 1, by Bak-R is one of my top Sonic remixes from the site: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/225710

To me, a Sonic remix is justified by how much the piece derives, and improves, upon the original work.

Let's take the ever-fantastic Overclocked remixes, for example:

Walk on Water is awesome for all kinds of reasons. The whole thing is really motivating and energetic, and the improvised bits all come together really well. The instrumentation is just about as good as it gets, and makes the original work almost obsolete by comparison. Then when it hits the Act 2 bit, the listener is reminded of the frantic wall chase at the beginning. Of all the lives lost because you had no idea the thing was coming. Very interactive, and it remains my favorite OC mix ever produced.

Then, of course, there are the mashups.

In order for a mashup to work, the music being used usually has to have a similar key signature and tempo. You can't take Sky Chase and blend it with Live and Learn and expect it to sound even the slightest bit harmonious. This rule is evident with n00neimp0rtant's ten-minute opus, Sonic Blast.

Notice how all of the music occurring at each segment is similar in tempo. Like when Adventure 2's Rhythm and Balance (White Jungle) is brought together with Abadat Day, both pieces are set to run at the same speed, which ensures the harmony between them.

Some parts are sped up, so that they work with the other pieces in glorious unison.

That's my little essay for now. More coming soonish.

Edited by DeckThePlace
  • Thumbs Up 1

To me, a Sonic remix is justified by how much the piece derives, and improves, upon the original work.

Let's take the ever-fantastic Overclocked remixes, for example:

Walk on Water is awesome for all kinds of reasons. The whole thing is really motivating and energetic, and the improvised bits all come together really well. The instrumentation is just about as good as it gets, and makes the original work almost obsolete by comparison. Then when it hits the Act 2 bit, the listener is reminded of the frantic wall chase at the beginning. Of all the lives lost because you had no idea the thing was coming. Very interactive, and it remains my favorite OC mix ever produced.

Then, of course, there are the mashups.

In order for a mashup to work, the music being used usually has to have a similar key signature and tempo. You can't take Sky Chase and blend it with Live and Learn and expect it to sound even the slightest bit harmonious. This rule is evident with n00neimp0rtant's ten-minute opus, Sonic Blast.

Notice how all of the music occurring at each segment is similar in tempo. Like when Adventure 2's Rhythm and Balance (White Jungle) is brought together with Abadat Day, both pieces are set to run at the same speed, which ensures the harmony between them.

Some parts are sped up, so that they work with the other pieces in glorious unison.

That's my little essay for now. More coming soonish.

Dat Sonic Blast was the best mashup I ever heard!!!! Most don't even bother to alter the songs.

Here are a few that I have saved on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.c...bed/Y4Y7sgkol3E

http://www.youtube.c...bed/c24pAC5dvRY

^Apparently this was from a Sonic 1 hack - which one and where, I wish I knew!

http://www.youtube.c...bed/ulBSDYh_g30

^This is just one example of his work - listen to the rest of his Sonic remixes. They are AMAZING.

http://www.youtube.c...bed/mkRjlAhBUwI

This is just pure win.It makes me cry when i hear it!wub.png

You had to go there, didn't you..........

Sega Why U No Put Starlight Zone In My Generations

Only good sonic dubstep remix in my opinon

Edited by AceZX02

This is just pure win.It makes me cry when i hear it!wub.png

Edited by Wearied Snowflakes

*video*

Edited by BlizzardJeffhog
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...

After sitting in front of Ableton Live for a while trying to think of what to mash up, I decided "You know what? There are a lot of versions of City Escape now, aren't there?" So I combined four different versions of "Escape From The City" into one mashup in about a week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4potGdOfEsc

Edited by KatamariParadox
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pfffft, I spend my spare time browsing Youtube for epic Sonic remixes. Funny noises aside, I thin I've heard all of these... which means I have no life.

Here's one I doubt anyone's heard/found:

Yeah, It's Space Trip Steps (Meteor Herd) in GENESIS STYLE. It makes me happy.

Edited by Chaos Walker

I'm typing this on an iPad so I have no idea how to copy and paste stuff :( however if you do a YouTube search for "sonic fresh prince mashup".....sheer bliss

I'm typing this on an iPad so I have no idea how to copy and paste stuff :( however if you do a YouTube search for "sonic fresh prince mashup".....sheer bliss

Search for "qjimbo"s Fresh Prince of Tidal Tempest - It fits so well (& that image seriously cracks me up)!

I love this thread - so many awesome remixes & mashups here! I guess I could post my mashups here that I uploaded to YouTube:

Sonic CD - You Can Do Anything (Remix)

New Divide With Me [Wretches & Dark Queens Remix] (Linkin Park VS All Ends)

Edited by Hyper-Shan