Awoo.

Kim Jong-il is dead...

Delta Starfire

To be honest, Its more likely that the military have been pulling the strings for quite sometime now. So I doubt it would make much of a difference.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kim himself had bargained with the military leadership so that he could reign to his death and not be toppled by a coup, then have Kim Jong-Un be the public face of the country, with all the real power lying with the military backing him.

Of all Kim Jong-il's sons, Un is the most Otaku of them all; he grew up in a boarding school in Sweden, speaks French, German and English and his main hobbies are reading Manga, playing video games and playing basketball.

3056_7d2f.jpeg

'Fraid you don't, mate.

Ks04y.jpg

Atta boy!

• Thumbs Up 8

"ohooo yeeess, goku you are going to kick vagita's ass this ti-WAHT Y U DEAD"

"Orders, Supreme Leader?"

"NUKE THEM NUKE THEM ALL"

• Thumbs Up 1

Hopefully his love of manga will lead to a better relationship between North Korea and Japan.

Humbug.

His love of manga will lead him to try and build a Gundam.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hopefully his love of manga will lead to a better relationship between North Korea and Japan.

Why would Japan want any sort of relationship with a country so horribly repressive, isolationist and hostile as North Korea? The only North Korea which Japan or any other sane country would ever want a relationship of any kind with is a fully democratic Korean peninsula, united under the South Korean flag, at peace with the world and itself. Of course, then China has a western democracy right on its borders, which its government would no doubt be deeply disturbed by.

• Thumbs Up 1

Neither of the Korea's are particularly fans of Japan (or vice versa) anyway.

Considering all that the Japanese did when the country embarked on its mainland military adventures early in the last century, you can hardly blame them. So many atrocities... though I'm not sure what proportion took place in China and what in Korea.

Of course, then China has a western democracy right on its borders, which its government would no doubt be deeply disturbed by.

I'm not so sure if this is true. The South has had a policy of being inviting to the Chinese, despite that whole communist alliance thing going on with NK. What friendly relations and trade does is make it harder for China to stand firmly behind NK when the shit hits the fan. Investment in the South's growing economy is better than continuing support of an uncooperative sinkhole of a country in the North. When we had those shellings last year towards that South Korean island, China was surprisingly neutral. Those Wikileaks cables also told us China doesn't really give a shit about the continued existence of the North, if anything they are supportive of reunification. At least so far I think. A reformative NK could come right into line with what China itself is doing. Who knows what this shift in government will do.

Why would Japan want any sort of relationship with a country so horribly repressive, isolationist and hostile as North Korea? The only North Korea which Japan or any other sane country would ever want a relationship of any kind with is a fully democratic Korean peninsula, united under the South Korean flag, at peace with the world and itself. Of course, then China has a western democracy right on its borders, which its government would no doubt be deeply disturbed by.

Neither of the Korea's are particularly fans of Japan (or vice versa) anyway.

Most of East Asia's countries aren't particularly fond of Japan in general if I remember correctly. Obviously because of WWII, but still.