Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

So I watched my second anime for this season Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet, directed by Urobuchi Gen (fuck yeah!), good first episode. I'm interested to see where this goes. Lately anything this man makes I fall in love with.

Edited by Iris Heart

Here's some action scenes from the Toriko X One Piece X Dragon Ball Z special:

Compared to the animation quality One Piece has been receiving for the past several years, this is some top-notch stuff.

Edited by MugiMikey

I just can't get behind this all the way because Goku is on a much higher level than Luffy and that other guy it's not even funny.

Throughout the tournament fight and this one, I just kept wondering why Goku isn't wrecking everyone's shit. Even when they faced that monster all Goku had to to was wink correctly and it probably would have been obliterated on the spot, Luffy and that other guy didn't really need to help.

I know for the sake of the crossover that had to dial back on Goku's strength considerably, but it kinda comes off as fake and odd in that regard.

I just can't get behind this all the way because Goku is on a much higher level than Luffy and that other guy it's not even funny.

Judging from this I don't think you read Toriko.

But you kind of have a point. Power Creep post Freiza/Cell ruined DBZ and Goku in general. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Here's some action scenes from the Toriko X One Piece X Dragon Ball Z special:

*silly shounen*

Compared to the animation quality One Piece has been receiving for the past several years, this is some top-notch stuff.

... I can't help but feel that this was the animation equivalent of jangling keys in front of a toddler.

• Thumbs Up 2

... I can't help but feel that this was the animation equivalent of jangling keys in front of a toddler.

Have you watched DBZ? That's basically what kind of style this crossover is leaning towards the most.

Have you watched DBZ? That's basically what kind of style this crossover is leaning towards the most.

I used to read the manga when I was around 12. I remember it being alright.

But this is just... sorry, but I'm not seeing the appeal.

Everyone's "favorite" anime is getting a dub, wooot /deadpan

Edited by Not!Dante
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well, in ACTUAL good news.

tumblr_mkyzk43QID1qhh7tbo1_500.png

Yaaaaay!

Now this needs to happen!

Nobody cares about my post? Good, just wanted to throw it out there.

Well i'm looking forward to it.. sleep.png

Holy crap, Yes!

Six episodes huh? Eh, at least we're getting more, plus it'll be easy for me to keep up with it. 

Y'know this may be the first time in a while where I'll watch the subs as soon as they come out!

• Thumbs Up 1

Aniplex USA dub, expect a high priced ass boxset that will be around $249, I'm not lying either. All of their releases have been between $119 and $240 (Madoka sets). I tried to watch SAO, but... it got stale.

Edited by Iris Heart
  • Thumbs Up 1

I actually saw a cam rip of the second episode dubbed, and I actually liked it. Not gonna buy it, but gonna watch it.

@SAO: So wait, if I die in the game, I die in real life? This game sucks!

Aniplex USA dub, expect a high priced ass boxset that will be around $249, I'm not lying either. All of their releases have been between $119 and $240 (Madoka sets). I tried to watch SAO, but... it got stale.

The most depressing part to me is that people will buy it anyway. 

I will never understand why this, of all the shows that came out recently, had to be the next big thing.

tumblr_m6pxgkVJoj1rpraae.gif

Yes.

Yes.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

VERY, VERY GOOOOD.

• Thumbs Up 3

The most depressing part to me is that people will buy it anyway. 

I will never understand why this, of all the shows that came out recently, had to be the next big thing.

Is it that bad?

In comparative relation to how absurdly popular it is, yes it is that bad.

If it was only as popular as say [insert bad anime that no one watched] then it wouldn't be that bad because it doesn't have millions of people talking about how cool it and its characters are despite them all being shite.