Awoo.

Official Anime/Manga Thread

Random Rhyme

So I finally got around to starting the Naruto Shippuden anime at last. Skipped all the filler of Part 1 and went straight to this. Already enjoying this more than the original series. I'm not many episodes in but I hear it gets much better later on.

The only thing that sucks is that Japan is denying Bluray for Western release because they fear "reverse importation".

.....Did I just here Piccolo with a Black accent.

.........All of my money, just take it all, everything.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wait, so no new episode for "Naruto SD: Rock Lee & His Pals"?

I got to watch the FMA Brotherhood movie last night and it was fantastic! Great animation, great plot, and some amazing action scenes. There were definitely some parts that I did not see coming and kept me wondering what was going to happen next.

Regarding the Panty and Stocking dub, Garterbelt's voice is just downright awesome! Panty and Stocking both sound ok, but not great from my initial impressions.

So anybody else find it weird that they used the Demon Sisters theme?

ItemDescription1.jpg

If you buy it from Rightstuf.com it comes with a free gift, and if my past experiences tell me anything, it will ship out like 1-2 weeks before it's supposed to be released.

So I finally got around to starting the Naruto Shippuden anime at last. Skipped all the filler of Part 1 and went straight to this. Already enjoying this more than the original series. I'm not many episodes in but I hear it gets much better later on.

Edited by -Mark-

I am beginning to consider Evangelion due to Tatsunoko being involved and certain voice actresses, I have three questions, 1. I often see it described as Post-Apocalyptic, if we mean as in full-blown genocide of billions the answers is "no" to put it as mildly as I can. Is it? 2. As much as I am incompatible with Christianity, I often hear it bashes the religion while still using it a lot. 3. I hear the ending "sucks" a lot, I'm assuming it didn't make sense? .Also, tell me about Shinji and Rei.

And I need info on the movies for the same three reasons.

That PSG set looks sexy. Will the gift be related to the series or will it be the usual Rightstuf sticky notes or something?

I am beginning to consider Evangelion due to Tatsunoko being involved and certain voice actresses, I have three questions, 1. I often see it described as Post-Apocalyptic, if we mean as in full-blown genocide of billions the answers is "no" to put it as mildly as I can. Is it? 2. As much as I am incompatible with Christianity, I often hear it bashes the religion while still using it a lot. 3. I hear the ending "sucks" a lot, I'm assuming it didn't make sense? .Also, tell me about Shinji and Rei.

And I need info on the movies for the same three reasons.

1. By the time the series takes place, most of humanity is already gone.

2. It doesn't "bash" religion at all. It has lots of Judeo-Christian symbolism and references, but it's more or less to make the series look cool. There's not much of a deeper meaning to it.

3. It's a mindfuck, to put it bluntly. If you pay attention, it'll probably make some sort of sense.

Shinji and Rei are... main characters. Don't know what in particular you want to know lol, other than that they have issues, to say the least.

For movies, there's Death and Rebirth, a recap of the series, and End of Evangelion, which is the true ending to the TV series. The current movie series, Rebuild of Evangelion, is a re-imagining of Eva and is generally considered to be more upbeat (thus far, anyway), but I still wouldn't watch it before the TV series and End of Eva, since half of the fun is seeing the references to the old series and spotting all the numerous differences.

There's also a chance that Hideaki Anno is trolling everybody and that Rebuild is actually a sequel. It's kind of hard to explain without spoiling the series.

That PSG set looks sexy. Will the gift be related to the series or will it be the usual Rightstuf sticky notes or something?

1. By the time the series takes place, most of humanity is already gone.

2. It doesn't "bash" religion at all. It has lots of Judeo-Christian symbolism and references, but it's more or less to make the series look cool. There's not much of a deeper meaning to it.

3. It's a mindfuck, to put it bluntly. If you pay attention, it'll probably make some sort of sense.

Shinji and Rei are... main characters. Don't know what in particular you want to know lol, other than that they have issues, to say the least.

For movies, there's Death and Rebirth, a recap of the series, and End of Evangelion, which is the true ending to the TV series. The current movie series, Rebuild of Evangelion, is a re-imagining of Eva and is generally considered to be more upbeat (thus far, anyway), but I still wouldn't watch it before the TV series and End of Eva, since half of the fun is seeing the references to the old series and spotting all the numerous differences.

There's also a chance that Hideaki Anno is trolling everybody and that Rebuild is actually a sequel. It's kind of hard to explain without spoiling the series.

If it mentions a free gift it should be related to the series from my experience, like how Okami current has a free Mouse Pad with purchase. Hopefully it will be something nice, Hopefully it won't be like the Madoka sets where the free gift is a complimentary post card... But those LE sets of Madoka are so lovely on my shelf, I tend to look over that. tongue.png

And when the fuck is this figure coming out?

515105249.jpg

I WANT IT.

Edited by Silencer(Tsundere Edition)

^Wasn't that a custom garage kit only sold at Wonderfest? I could be wrong.

EDIT: I am, it's a Goodsmile PVC. lol Apparently they're still working on it.

Thanks for the update, now I know the TV series is not for someone of my well... emotional deformities. So I understand, the movies that are basically a remake of the show aren't AS gloomy, correct? If I understood correctly, how dark are they on a scale from 1/10? (TV series vs. remake movies)

It's been a long time since I saw the TV series, but it doesn't really get darkish until it a bit after the halfway point, if I recall correctly. End of Evangelion is pretty freaking dark, though, often being considered one of the most fucked up films of all time. I'd say that maybe the TV series (if you include EoE) is around 7/10, while what we;ve seen of Rebuild is maybe 4/10, I guess.

The movies are more than remakes, since major plot points are changed, and they, as of the second movie, seem to be going in a totally different direction.

Edited by gunthər

Marvelous, okay, I like to go by voice artists AND story, so do any anime from these voice artist role pages sound within my limitations?

http://www.animenews...ple.php?id=1207 Miyu Irino is very distinct as Sora of KH and Haku from Spirited Away

http://www.animenews...ople.php?id=777 Junko Iwao was Tomoyo in CCS and Tomoe Yukishiro in Kenshin OVAs to name some common ones

http://www.animenews...ople.php?id=546 Hikaru Midorikawa seems to be almost everywhere in anime I watch without even trying to find him lately, he was Heero Yui (he even collects Gundam models!), Marth, Zelgadis in Slayers to name some of his pretty boy voice roles.

Edited by World Class Knuckle-Head

Well, Crunchyroll have just started putting up the original series of Digimon Xros Wars. :)

Whilst that's not particularly anything spectacular, it makes me happy since I adore Digimon and will stand by it no matter what even if the ending to the most recent series was horrible ;___; .

Got volume 56 of Naruto yesterday, too.

hmm, still prefer the japanese voices compared to the inferior english dub for PSG

they at least need to release Blu Ray discs of of PSG with sub titles, was disappointed that they went through the trouble of Subbing Black Rock Shooter OVA... but they didn't for PSG's limited edition releases, was a huge let down when i went to watch them, i regret shelling the cash out for them now, its a good thing the extras make up for it.

[ I recently stated that I wanted the Panty and Stocking dub for my birthday which is in June. My girlfriend, sneaky as she is, checked my internet browser history(She is a woman) and saw that post I made in this thread. So she pre-ordered it on Amazon and to make sure that I saw what she did, she left the Amazon receipt on the screen and a note saying, "Happy Birthday." Best girlfriend ever or best girlfriend ever?

Sounds like something i'd do haha.

Edited by Peacock

Can anyone recommend Arakawa Under The Bridge, Di Gi Charot or Air? (Takes more than cute design to draw me in)

Edited by World Class Knuckle-Head

Children Who Chase Lost Voices From Deep Below.

This movie's about as stunning as the title is long. If you're at all a fan of Ghibli's style (Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, etc.), you NEED to see this.

Hoshi+o+Ou+Kodomo.jpg

Stunning animation, fantastic use of imagery and symbolism, clever implementation of mythology into a modern story, great writing, lovable characters, and an incredibly strong moral are all strung together beautifully here to give us an absolutely amazing film.

867660843.png

The whole movie's on Youtube, so you have no excuse not to watch it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qHaVSe3SCY

Oh, and it's got a cute little cat thing. So yeah.

tumblr_m29efmrzSQ1qbayl8o1_500.gif

• Thumbs Up 3