Awoo.

Thoughts about Knuckles the Echidna?

Kid Mind

Knuckles being jealous of Sonic makes him a one demensional character you know, if anything Knuckles being jealous of anything is bad for him.

So... removing a character trait will somehow give that character more character and make him less one-dimensional? I don't follow. On the one hand, you're always complaining that certain characters don't have enough identifiable flaws, and then on the other you complain if a character has a flaw as if it detracts from that character.

Knuckles' identity isn't built around his jealousy of Sonic. He has a competitive personality and sees Sonic as someone with more freedom duty-wise and personality-wise than himself, but his envy is balanced by his begrudging yet open admiration for his rival. He's not consumed by petty jealousy, but rather he uses it to better himself and keep himself on the ball, physically and mentally. He's not belittled by Sonic's accomplishments. He has pride in himself and his duties. He has a strong sense of identity and of self.

Knuckles' rivalry with Sonic is a long-standing thing. It's as much a running theme/gag through the series as Amy's crush and subsequent chasing of Sonic. Their dynamic isn't going to change just so you can whack off to a super sayajin showdown of all the characters whose power levels you fap to daily. I've said this about your desire to change Sonic, and I'll say it again about Knuckles... stop trying to change characters who are fine as they are just to play into your fantasies.

• Thumbs Up 5

So... removing a character trait will somehow give that character more character and make him less one-dimensional? I don't follow. On the one hand, you're always complaining that certain characters don't have enough identifiable flaws, and then on the other you complain if a character has a flaw as if it detracts from that character.

Look who's talking you seem to want to make Knuckles more relevant to Sonic competitively than other characters, when he can be more or less his fellow equal like Shadow or simply the second hand man to Sonic I don't see why the particular flaw of Knux needs to be tied to Sonic directly when he is already got his own story and development outside from being Sonic's other best friend and team mate.

Knuckles' identity isn't built around his jealousy of Sonic. He has a competitive personality and sees Sonic as someone with more freedom duty-wise and personality-wise than himself, but his envy is balanced by his begrudging yet open admiration for his rival. He's not consumed by petty jealousy, but rather he uses it to better himself and keep himself on the ball, physically and mentally. He's not belittled by Sonic's accomplishments. He has pride in himself and his duties. He has a strong sense of identity and of self.

It's makes Sonic over glorified to be honest, Knuckles doesn't need Sonic's own measuring stick to prove himself as great as he is. I mean Knux is a independant person and in his own way a prideful warrior that stands apart everyone else. Sonic can't hunt for treasure as good as Knux, he can fight as good with his fists, he can even swim or fly as good as Knux. Knuckles doesn't need Sonic to make himself a better person or the best.

Knuckles' rivalry with Sonic is a long-standing thing. It's as much a running theme/gag through the series as Amy's crush and subsequent chasing of Sonic. Their dynamic isn't going to change just so you can whack off to a super sayajin showdown of all the characters whose power levels you fap to daily. I've said this about your desire to change Sonic, and I'll say it again about Knuckles... stop trying to change characters who are fine as they are just to play into your fantasies.

Guess what. You first. Edited by Chaos Nightmare Moon

Dude, what's with the disrespectful attitude? Flyboy is NOT attempting to change Knuckles into something he's not, you are.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dude, what's with the disrespectful attitude? Flyboy is NOT attempting to change Knuckles into something he's not, you are.

He wrote a post how he's supposed to be, I wrote my say in how Knuckles should be. In the end this topic is putting our preferences for the good of the characters we love.

I have every right to voice that opinion.

Also I'm asking how is Knux being butt hurt to Sonic helps any. I want Knux to be more cooler not emphasize Daffy Duck style how Sonic is always ahead of him.

He wrote a post how he's supposed to be, I wrote my say in how Knuckles should be. In the end this topic is putting our preferences for the good of the characters we love.

Also I'm asking how is Knux being butt hurt to Sonic helps any. I want Knux to be more cooler not emphasize Daffy Duck style how Sonic is always ahead of him.

True, but the way you say it makes you come off as a dick.

SHE is writing about how Knuckles IS, not what she wants him to be. Voicing an opinion is perfectly fine, but for goodness sake, learn the difference between that and fact.

Look who's talking you seem to want to make Knuckles more relevant to Sonic competitively than other characters, when he can be more or less his fellow equal like Shadow or simply the second hand man to Sonic I don't see why the particular flaw of Knux needs to be tied to Sonic directly when he is already got his own story and development outside from being Sonic's other best friend and team mate.

Because it's always been that way. It's who Knuckles is. Sonic has several close friends. Tails is his best friend and the one he's like a brother to, Amy is the girl with a crush on him who he's fond of but avoids her romantic advances, and Knuckles is his friendly rival who has a playful competitiveness with him.

Knuckles has plenty of his own story. He's the guardian of the Master Emerald, the last member of his tribe, and he has a mystical connection to chaos energy. His friendly rivalry with Sonic does not in any way diminish who Knuckles is outside of that.

It's makes Sonic over glorified to be honest, Knuckles doesn't need Sonic's own measuring stick to prove himself as great as he is. I mean Knux is a independant person and in his own way a prideful warrior that stands apart everyone else. Sonic can't hunt for treasure as good as Knux, he can fight as good with his fists, he can even swim or fly as good as Knux. Knuckles doesn't need Sonic to make himself a better person or the best.

Give me a break. Knuckles is competitive by nature. His friendship with anyone will be influenced by his nature. He's competitive with Rouge over emerald hunting, for example. It's just how he is. Of course he doesn't need Sonic in order to prove his own worth, but since Sonic is his good friend and someone Knuckles is around more than others, he uses Sonic as a good training program to keep himself on his toes. Notice that Knuckles isn't stupid; he doesn't feel that he needs to compare his speed with Sonic's or anything like that. He doesn't want to be Sonic. He just wants to better himself... and keep himself busy. Knuckles doesn't have many friends and he lives a life of solitude. Sonic's life is exciting, and Knuckles wants a piece of it sometimes. It's mostly very good natured beneath all the testosterone and bravado. It's a camaraderie and a dynamic that I really enjoy.

Guess what. You first.

I'm not trying to change him at all. I love him just the way he is. I think that he could be written better by putting him in more relevant scenarios, and I'd like more of an emphasis on his unusual brand of quiet mystical intelligence beneath the sometimes overly brutish characterisation he's occasionally had. But I really love the basic idea of his character; competitive, hot-headed, a loner with just a couple of good friends, clueless about technology, even more clueless about social interaction, yet with an intelligence behind it which taps into a store of ancient knowledge and wisdom.

Man, I love Knuckles. Don't you ever accuse me of trying to change him. I would never.

• Thumbs Up 2

Did you forget the post where she said she was a girl? :|

Yeah, but you don't have to be a dick to people about it. Which you always are to be honest.

2 things to that.

1) Sonic's the main character, of course he'll be ahead of him.

2) When has Knuckles ever emphasized that?

No she wrote a post about who Knuckles is. And I don't get how Knuckles can't be cooler, despite what flyboy said about him. Knuckles isn't used to show how much better Sonic is, its the fuel for their rivalry, and its the reason Knuckles strives to be as good as he wants to, he refuses to be outdone by Sonic, and vice versa for Sonic, that's how its been, and that's how its always going to be, and nothing you say will justify you trying to change that. What you want is Knuckles out of the equation so Shadow is the only rival that matters, I can read you like a book.

That Opinion card doesn't work around here, or anywhere else on the internet. We don't give a damn how much of an opinion you have, we're still going to tell you exactly what we think of it.

• Thumbs Up 7

Because it's always been that way. It's who Knuckles is. Sonic has several close friends. Tails is his best friend and the one he's like a brother to, Amy is the girl with a crush on him who he's fond of but avoids her romantic advances, and Knuckles is his friendly rival who has a playful competitiveness with him.

Knuckles has plenty of his own story. He's the guardian of the Master Emerald, the last member of his tribe, and he has a mystical connection to chaos energy. His friendly rivalry with Sonic does not in any way diminish who Knuckles is outside of that.

Well what the hell is this about wanting him to be closer to Sonic? Does he need to? He needs to be more away from Sonic not a groupe.

Sonic has these three as his main friends but Sonic only needs himself to save the world. Why does Knuckles need to start something with Sonic to make sure he's respected? It's dumb and Sonic thinks it's dumb, which is why he calls him Knuckle Head and doesn't take him seriously.

IMO, I think Sonic rather play with Eggman and Shadow more than Knuckles, Knuxs hasn't fought Sonic since Sonic X.

Give me a break. Knuckles is competitive by nature. His friendship with anyone will be influenced by his nature. He's competitive with Rouge over emerald hunting, for example. It's just how he is. Of course he doesn't need Sonic in order to prove his own worth, but since Sonic is his good friend and someone Knuckles is around more than others, he uses Sonic as a good training program to keep himself on his toes. Notice that Knuckles isn't stupid; he doesn't feel that he needs to compare his speed with Sonic's or anything like that. He doesn't want to be Sonic. He just wants to better himself... and keep himself busy. Knuckles doesn't have many friends and he lives a life of solitude. Sonic's life is exciting, and Knuckles wants a piece of it sometimes. It's mostly very good natured beneath all the testosterone and bravado. It's a camaraderie and a dynamic that I really enjoy.

Like you said. Knuckles is peace loving, and easily provoked. I've never seen him start a fight in any game cannon. Unless he's got a purpose, Knuckles is usually chill about things and prefers to stay out of affairs. I don't have a problem with him being naturally competitive, but should he try to aim for the tp hitters other than Sonic, it makes him seem weak. Sonic will always win, so if he and Sonic fight it's going to be predictable. He should fight Shadow, Shadow can and has defeated Sonic, and he is also stronger than Sonic physically. Just try to do something different.

I'm not trying to change him at all. I love him just the way he is. I think that he could be written better by putting him in more relevant scenarios, and I'd like more of an emphasis on his unusual brand of quiet mystical intelligence beneath the sometimes overly brutish characterisation he's occasionally had. But I really love the basic idea of his character; competitive, hot-headed, a loner with just a couple of good friends, clueless about technology, even more clueless about social interaction, yet with an intelligence behind it which taps into a store of ancient knowledge and wisdom.

But you think he should be more relevant to Sonic's character. I disagree. He should be his teasing older bro that trusts Sonic on everything. I don't think him and Sonic butting heads will make him any more interesting. I want Knuckles to be his own star, he doesn't need to be defined by being Sonic's rival. More like like Sonic's equal. Shadow will always be Sonic's main rival to me, but thats because he compliments him both in skill and attitude than Knuckles.

No she wrote a post about who Knuckles is. And I don't get how Knuckles can't be cooler, despite what flyboy said about him. Knuckles isn't used to show how much better Sonic is, its the fuel for their rivalry, and its the reason Knuckles strives to be as good as he wants to, he refuses to be outdone by Sonic, and vice versa for Sonic, that's how its been, and that's how its always going to be, and nothing you say will justify you trying to change that. What you want is Knuckles out of the equation so Shadow is the only rival that matters, I can read you like a book.

Now your just describing Shadow's dynamic with Sonic. Shadow will always strive to be better than Sonic, and vice versa with Sonic. Which is why Knuxkles always seems to be a butt monkey nowadays, Sonic Team can't decide who Sonic's main rival role to establish. Obviously they use Shadow(Boss Battle) more than Knux to establish a role of rivalry in skills and speed.

Your the ones and Flyboy Fox who don't want Knuckles to change in fear of making Knuckles the once be worthy opponent a sidekick.

Well what the hell is this about wanting him to be closer to Sonic? Does he need to? He needs to be more away from Sonic not a groupe.

He's already apart of Sonic's group, he isn't there due to his job.

Sonic has these three as his main friends but Sonic only needs himself to save the world. Why does Knuckles need to start something with Sonic to make sure he's respected? It's dumb and Sonic thinks it's dumb, which is why he calls him Knuckle Head and doesn't take him seriously.

Knuckles only fights with Sonic because someone else(usually Eggman) tricks him because of his gullible and naive nature, any other time its a playful fight between the two. Sonic only calls Knuckles "Knucklehead" when he gets tricked, and even then Sonic calls him that affectionately the same way he calls Robotnik "Eggman".

IMO, I think Sonic rather play with Eggman and Shadow more than Knuckles, Knuxs hasn't fought Sonic since Sonic X.

And IMO, both Sonic & Knuckles like to challenge the other because they're constant need to one up the other. And they don't need to fight all of the time to prove that.

Like you said. Knuckles is peace loving, and easily provoked. I've never seen him start a fight in any game cannon. Unless he's got a purpose, Knuckles is usually chill about things and prefers to stay out of affairs. I don't have a problem with him being naturally competitive, but should he try to aim for the tp hitters other than Sonic, it makes him seem weak. Sonic will always win, so if he and Sonic fight it's going to be predictable. He should fight Shadow, Shadow can and has defeated Sonic, and he is also stronger than Sonic physically. Just try to do something different.
No, you just want to glorify Shadow because of your man crush on him. Knuckles has known Sonic longer so it makes no sense for Knuckles to compete with Shadow,especially since the two haven't talked at all. And what the fuck does Shadow have to do with Sonic & Knuckles, didn't Flyboy say she would strike you for bringing up Shadow in a topic unrelated to him, you don't listen very well do you.

But you think he should be more relevant to Sonic's character. I disagree. He should be his teasing older bro that trusts Sonic on everything. I don't think him and Sonic butting heads will make him any more interesting. I want Knuckles to be his own star, he doesn't need to be defined by being Sonic's rival. More like like Sonic's equal. Shadow will always be Sonic's main rival to me, but thats because he compliments him both in skill and attitude than Knuckles.
And Knuckles does the same fucking thing Shadow does. Sonic & Knuckles are rivals, get over it.

Now your just describing Shadow's dynamic with Sonic. Shadow will always strive to be better than Sonic, and vice versa with Sonic. Which is why Knuxkles always seems to be a butt monkey nowadays, Sonic Team can't decide who Sonic's main rival role to establish. Obviously they use Shadow(Boss Battle) more than Knux to establish a role of rivalry in skills and speed.

Your the ones and Flyboy Fox who don't want Knuckles to change in fear of making Knuckles the once be worthy opponent a sidekick.

You know what, I'm reporting you now, you obviously can't talk about another character without bringing up Shadow, and I'm getting sick of it.

• Thumbs Up 4

Because everyone is determined to make Knuckles Sonic's rival again.

Because he was Sonic's first, and their dynamic is very rival like.

You just won't accept anyone other than Shadow, and its getting fucking annoying.

Edited by Shadic93

Because everyone is determined to make Knuckles Sonic's rival again.

Wait, are you seriously implying that there's something wrong with a character having more than one rival?

LOL

He's already apart of Sonic's group, he isn't there due to his job.

Knuckles only fights with Sonic because someone else(usually Eggman) tricks him because of his gullible and naive nature, any other time its a playful fight between the two. Sonic only calls Knuckles "Knucklehead" when he gets tricked, and even then Sonic calls him that affectionately the same way he calls Robotnik "Eggman".

And IMO, both Sonic & Knuckles like to challenge the other because they're constant need to one up the other. And they don't need to fight all of the time to prove that.

No, you just want to glorify Shadow because of your man crush on him. Knuckles has known Sonic longer so it makes no sense for Knuckles to compete with Shadow,especially since the two haven't talked at all. And what the fuck does Shadow have to do with Sonic & Knuckles, didn't Flyboy say she would strike you for bringing up Shadow in a topic unrelated to him, you don't listen very well do you.

And Knuckles does the same fucking thing Shadow does. Sonic & Knuckles are rivals, get over it.

You know what, I'm reporting you now, you obviously can't talk about another character without bringing up Shadow, and I'm getting sick of it.

LOL again.

You were the one who brough up Shadow first in my rebuttal to Flyboy.

Wait, are you seriously implying that there's something wrong with a character having more than one rival?

Does Goku have more than one rival?

Does Naruto?

Does Mario?

Does Kirby?

Does Spider-Man

etc etc.

Does Naruto?

Does Mario?

Does Kirby?

Does Spider-Man

etc etc.

None of those characters are Sonic.

Because he wants Sonic to become Goku and have everyone else but Shadow irrelevant, because he has some delusion that the series is now DBZ.

LOL

LOL again.

You were the one who brough up Shadow first in my rebuttal to Flyboy.

Does Naruto?

Does Mario?

Does Kirby?

Does Spider-Man

etc etc.

Yes, they do have more than one rival. But what's the point? This is a Knuckles Topic. :|

Does Naruto?

Does Mario?

Does Kirby?

Does Spider-Man

etc etc.

You're not answering my question, mate. Is there something wrong with Sonic the Hedgehog having more than one rival?