Awoo.

Haruhi's wierd game idea for...

Silver*

A Silver game. This is based off a project Im doing. (google Silver's Lost Adventure to see) (I also kind posted it on Sega however I wanted to get some ideas here as well)

There are two different stories in this idea. One for Silver, Shadow and Gardon and one for Blaze and Marine.

Silver’s story: Silver receives a letter from the president that he must locate the Lost Tomb of Crisis City and retrieve seven mysterious gems, different than the Sol Emeralds that can transform wishes into power. Silver, Shadow and Gardon all set off on an adventure to find the tomb and gems. They have to get them before Eggman Nega does.

Blaze’s story: While hunting for the lost tomb, Blaze begins to question why Silver wanted her and Marine to be close to the group. She later finds out that it was because the group didn’t find her and Marine fit for this mission. Blaze then teams with Marine to also help find the lost tomb but in their own way to prove themselves not only to Silver but to themselves.

Game controls

Silver:

Psychic boost – press X; the longer you hold, the faster your speed (Silver uses his power to speed through the course. This action requires ring energy. This is an equivalent to Sonic’s spin dash and boost)

Kick attack – press A twice; you can use it as a chain to defeat multiple enemies. (While Silver doesn’t curl up in a ball in this idea, he uses his kick attack to attack enemies from an aerial view. This is an equivalent to Sonic’s homing attack)

Psychic pendulum – press B; to use it to climb walls, press X then Y and repeat to do a wall jump. To use while boosting, press B then Y (Silver’s arm turns into the shape of an outlined blue pendulum that can attack masses of enemies at once. This can also break walls. He does twirl when using this attack)

Drift – press X twice to make a sharp hairpin turn

Levitate – press A then right trigger

Shadow:

Chaos bolt – press X (this will make a bolt of chaos energy come from Shadow’s hands and defeat enemies)

Double jump – press A twice; press A once for a single jump.

Chaos dash – press B; the longer you hold B, the fast you’ll go. This can also be used to break walls (this is like the spin dash but with bolts of energy coming from you)

Wall jump – press A when coming toward a wall, then press X to do a wall jump

Karate kick – press A then X; he can also break doors with this trick (hello Shadow the Hedgehog)

Gardon:

Climb - press A then X to climb up a wall or a tree

Sword swing - press X

Spring jump – hold A then release. The longer the hold, the higher the jump

-Airplane mode

Use the A button to fire attacks from aircraft.

Use thumbstick to maneuver the plane

Press the right trigger to power up, then press A to fire missiles

Use the B button for the turbo

Blaze:

Flame propel – press A twice propel her with her powers (hello Sonic 06)

Flame wheel – press X while running to charge into enemies with a spin engulfed in flames.

Run dash – press DOWN then A; longer the hold, faster the dash (hello Rush and Advance)

Marine:

Volt tackle – hold A to charge, then press UP and X to charge. This can be used to break walls and defeat multiple enemies (it is rumored that she has electric powers so I went with a Pokemon oritanted move)

-boat mode:

Use thumbstick to control the ship’s direction.

Use A to fire canons (there were be a target showing you where to hit them)

Use X for a turbo boost

Courses:

Crisis City – it’s used kinda like station square. You can go to places for your next stage, talk to people and buy supplies that you need and the whole nine yards.

Crisis City River – a stage where you play as Marine in her boat. It’s a pretty easy course with not a lot of enemies and rocks to deal with. You need to get a ticket in order to sail your boat on the river. You also need to cross this stage to get to the next one which is Kingdom Valley in the Blaze story.

Volcano Alley (formally known as Flame Core) – This is mostly a stage where you play Gardon and his wall climbing abilities, since this stage as turned into a canyon. This is a relatively short stage, since Gardon doesn’t get played as this much in this here idea.

The Silver part of this stage, you get to race on the rock track and defeat Eggman Nega’s robots that inhabit the place. You also grind on the fire-like rails. I wanted there to be a part where you go on top of a volcano and it shoots you right out of the stage; that would be pretty cool.

Kingdom Valley – the Blaze part of this stage is pretty easy. Not a lot of enemies and mostly a straight path like if you were playing Sonic Unleashed. You can also co-op with Marine if you choose and use her climbing ability to reach spots that Blaze can’t go with her propel.

The Silver part of this stage is more difficult; since there are places you can fall and die in if you are not careful. You pretty much race through the stage at ludicrous speeds and beat all of Eggman Nega’s robots. You can also co-op with Shadow who can double jump or Gardon who can climb walls to each hard to reach places.

Southern Beach – you play this stage as Shadow and you have to race Silver to the goal ring. This stage does have alternate shortcuts suited for Shadow, but watch out for Silver and his wits. There are shortcuts that he can use as well. (hello Sonic Adventure) This is both a friendly completion and a stage that doesn’t feel like a chore. And Silver will cheer you on (All right Shads! See ya later, Shads! Hurry up, Shads!)

The Blaze version, you just need to get to the goal ring before time runs out. Your partner will tell you all the shortcuts to guide you through the stage.

Dusty Desert – after defeating the Southern Beach boss, Silver will reach Dusty Desert by transit, only to need a board to go over the quicksand. So he sends Shadow to buy plywood. Once he gets back, Silver will use the plywood to skate over the quicksand to get to the lost tomb. You get extra rings for jumps and tricks.

The Blaze version of this stage, you race Marine to the goal ring on the actual path. You can use shortcuts that can help get through this stage (like the southern beach one).

One other thing:

The big boss is the eggrachnar, an Eggman Nega robot shaped like a spider/squid hybrid. As Silver, you have to get to the cockpit to beat him. He will send out robots so that you can kick attack across them. You also have to dodge missiles that come from the robot as well. Which, you can use them to your advantage. You can hop on the missiles to get to Eggman Nega. Cool eh?

Silver:You just missed the BBBE!

Shadow: BBBE?

Silver: Best. Boss. Beating. Ever!

That’s pretty much it; I didn’t think of any other bosses or stages so this idea is indeed very weird and kiddish. but be nice with the crits.(oh and if I posted this in the wrong place; I apologize)

Edited by Suzumiya Haruhi

It's a big middle finger to continuity and canon, but it seems sort of interesting. I guess it could be fun.

@Scott: Blaze's royal guard.

Edited by MarcelloF
  • Thumbs Up 1

Why would Blaze want to prove herself to Silver, when she's every bit as powerful as him?

Plot reasons, also to prove that she is good enough to help out on Adventures. Doesn't Amy do this in Sonic Addventure?

As for the BBBE, I shall rephrase that. Sonic Colors lol

Some controls are nice. Plot is a bit strange. And I doubt we will ever see any character getting spin-off after ShTH. But as fanficton I would read it if I have time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Basically what Hunter said.

I would like to see a game with Silver playable again, other than the really slow running, I enjoyed his gameplay.

Marine:

Volt tackle – hold A to charge, then press UP and X to charge. This can be used to break walls and defeat multiple enemies (it is rumored that she has electric powers so I went with a Pokemon oritanted move)

...lolwut?

Hmm, I could see this as an entree for next year's SAGE, but I don't see Sega utilizing Silver in a lead role for a while... or maybe ever due to the stigma of certain game. Interesting ideas, but I question the execution.

Ok, if she's both a princess and guardian of the Sol dimension(Unless you changed that),.....what more does she need prove.

Unless Continuity and Canon mean nothing in this story.

She's guardian of the sol emeralds. I can't make her too capable, same with Shadow. If I did, then what's the purpose of a MAIN hero?

Basically what Hunter said.

I would like to see a game with Silver playable again, other than the really slow running, I enjoyed his gameplay.

Actually I think SEGA has some plans for Shadow, Silver and Blaze in near future. Dimensions rumor is a bit strange. Someone did analysys in its thread and Shadow, Blaze and Silver can be playables.

She's guardian of the sol emeralds. I can't make her too capable, same with Shadow. If I did, then what's the purpose of a MAIN hero?

...What? What does Blaze being capable have to do with Silver being the hero?

Blaze having to prove herself to Silver implies she's treated as weaker, but why? Especially if she's been guardian longer than she's known Silver, so obviously Gardon knows her power, so saying she's weak compared to Silver doesn't make a lick of sense. Your supporting characters don't have to be weak to make your main character look good, that's bad writing right there.

Once again, if this idea of yours ignores both Established Canon, and Continuity then I have no problem, otherwise you might wanna change something. Also your game ideas don't sound very Sonic-like, this sounds like a decent fanfiction, but I don't think it would work as a game, but that's just me, don't let that stop you.

Same reason why Sonic is the main hero in the actual games, he has less moves than characters like Shadow and Silver, yet he still manages to take them down in his own way.

Overall not bad, but not that good. For starters the plot is a tad lackluster, not much about it seems that interesting. Several characters seem to be out of character, especially Blaze and argueably Gardon (he'd more likely go with the princess then Silver if you ask me) with a few restraints on Shadow and Blaze in order to make Silver shine better, and Silver seems a tad too Sonic-y in my opinion. The settings lack imagination, seeing as they're almost all from 06 (Southern Beach will likely turn out to be the new Wave Ocean) Maybe you could've put a bit of emphasis on the futuristic aspect and crafted a few stages around the idea of "what would {insert trope here} look like in a futuristic setting" Like pulling more of a Grand Metropolis then a Station Square for the main city.

Silver seems Sonic-y... gameplay wise or personality wise? The BBBE joke was there to make the character seem confident.

Which is the exact same Joke Sonic made in Colors.

You don't need a character telling the same jokes as another character to display confidence in himself.

I don't think the idea of Blaze wanting to prove herself is all that far-fetched in relation to canon. Granted, canon does treat her as being quite powerful and competent, but she doesn't always think of herself that way. In Generations, she blames herself for not being able to defeat the Time Eater all by herself, even though no one expected her to be able to do that, and the whole kidnapping situation wasn't her fault at all. In spite of her abilities, Blaze can sometimes be overly hard on herself, to the point where it obviously conflicts with objective reality.

Which is the exact same Joke Sonic made in Colors.

You don't need a character telling the same jokes as another character to display confidence in himself.

Meaning that he's confident that he beat Eggman Nega and now announcing it to the world. I wanted to bring out Silver's fun side. I may have taken from inspiration from Sonic to form this idea but it doesn't mean I made him like Sonic.