Awoo.

Generations online mode is broken. Error Code: 8002a1a7 Now Confirmed.

Badnik Mechanic

The leaderboards haven't really been updating for me, true. But considering I can look at the scores of hundreds of other people, I think it's safe to assume this isn't a widespread problem.

I was wondering about the leaderboard on Live. Tried out the 30 second speed run tests.

Surprised how well I did, feels great to be part of the rankings.

Hope our PS3 friends have their issues resolved soon.

Oh great. Just tried this and yes I too have the error message.

I go to the online mode select 30 second trial then I'm stuck on the "Getting Data" menu for ages only to get an error message. Might try again a few more times before I resort to deleting people.

Join the ranks is fine, the problem is with "A 30 second test"

Edited by Hogfather

Hey, created an account to give my input and try get some help. I get the error with both Rankings AND 30 Second Trial. I only had like 5 people added (3 hadn't been online for months, 2 being my brother and friend so adding me back was no issue afterwards) so I deleted them all as suggested. Restarted console a few times between tries just to make sure it knew I actually DID delete them...same error, so I gave up and added the people back. Even deleting friends didn't work for me, help?

It seems like it isn't for everyone. I did those 2 online trophys yesterday, and didn't need to remove friends or whatever. Though I will admit, I don't have that many friends on PSN to begin with(23ish).

• Thumbs Up 3

Interesting note: Once I re-added most of the people I actually cared about (14 or so), I started to get the error in Rankings as well. However, I'm not sure if it actually had any effects on the way it works; I was still able to select levels and check leaderboards, there was just an obnoxious error popping up every ten seconds.

What's SEGA's Tech Support E-Mail? We should swamp them with E-Mails about this; something has to be done.

Same error for me. But I dont care about trophies. I just hope it will be fixed soon so I can join rankings.

I still think they should had done some sort of local/online co-op/racing multiplayer.

I did eventually get this to unlock, I had to totally butcher my friends list, it eventually unlocked when I had only 6 friends left, 2 of those were Shadz and dread who both own copies of generations (interestingly I didn't see any of their scores in any online mode). None of my friends were online, except one who had his status on 'away.'

I've also got another trophy glitch only I'm not sure if it's related.

Can't get the Eradicator trophy to unlock (think thats the name) the one where you have to destroy 100 enemies.

I still think they should had done some sort of local/online co-op/racing multiplayer.

Ugh...

Had to delete 90% of my friends to get this working. I was indeed pissed off. I spent almost an hour adding my friends back.

For this to work (This worked for me):

• Delete most of your friends (Like have 5 friends left).
  • You must have at least ONE friend within your list that has played Sonic Generations and tried the 30 Second Trial. BatGuy saved my day as he was the only person within all my friends to have played Sonic Generations (Uncharted 3 is what my friends were playing!)
  • Turn off, then turn on your PS3.
  • Sign in to PSN and load up Sonic Generations.

Edited by Crystaline Starlight

But then I'll have no friends to play 30 Second Trial with. The whole thing is counterintuitive. I need to get rid of my friends to play 30 Second Trial, but I need friends for 30 Second Trial to be useful at all.

Edited by Dissident

I think i will wait for a patch or something. I don't want to delete most of my friends and add them again. You think they will take long to fix this?

EDIT: I GOT THE 30sec Trial!

Yesterday when i tried playing 30sec trial i got an error. I tried 2 times going in.

Today i thought to give it another try and after leaving it for a 3-4 minutes time it let me in. I played Green Hill and i got the trophy. ;)

Edited by MoDeRn frokenok3

Just a thought.

About 2 weeks ago there was an optional Firmware update for the PS3, now I've not updated to it and I had problems getting this to work.

Those who got the trophy without any problems, did you have the latest firmware installed?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just a thought.

About 2 weeks ago there was an optional Firmware update for the PS3, now I've not updated to it and I had problems getting this to work.

Those who got the trophy without any problems, did you have the latest firmware installed?

I have the latest firmware update but i don't know...as i said in my previous post. It's kinda strange.

Also i just noticed something

For this to work (This worked for me):

• Delete most of your friends (Like have 5 friends left).
  • You must have at least ONE friend within your list that has played Sonic Generations and tried the 30 Second Trial. BatGuy saved my day as he was the only person within all my friends to have played Sonic Generations.

When i got the trophy 4 of my friends were logged in with the 5th one being me and BinaryRaptor playing Generations.

I don't know if this is coincidence but it's kinda strange.

When i got the trophy 4 of my friends were logged in with the 5th one being me and BinaryRaptor playing Generations.

I don't know if this is coincidence but it's kinda strange.

Not sure on that... I had one person online at the time too, his status was 'away' he had played generations but wasn't playing it at the time.

To all PS3 guys. I just updated my OFW and suddenly 30 sec. Trial began to work. I just got my trophy and I didnt delete any friends. Try for yourselves.

Edited by HUNTER297

So what I should have done was update my OFW. Greeeeattt. I wasted my time deleting my friends for nothing. Oh well, doesn't matter, still got the plat.