Awoo.

This Week On PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale: Free Avatars, Oh Kratos... you continue to goof.

Badnik Mechanic

Kat is so amazingly rad I kinda wish she was in the game before.

But who cares? She's here now, and a worthwhile addition to the game.

I can't get the hang of Emmett though.

Edited by SSRGuest98

So I've decided to try out the Vita version of this, since it was free.

It's... good... but not great.

The Vita version is almost the same as the PS3 one, however there are two very noticable problems with it.

1: 4 player online mode. It's so easy to lose track of your own character, especially when playing with 3 people who know what they're doing, you're flying over the screen so fast you'll often lose track of where your player is.

2: Picking up weapons... unless theres a 'pick up weapons button I've missed' You have to stand by the weapon and press the touch screen... This is one of the worst ideas they could have had. Not only does this mean you move your hand very far away from the buttons, but you leave yourself totally open to attack for a long period of time and you block over half the screen just as you make the movement.

But otherwise, it's a decent game for the Vita.

I also finally got to play the 'Fearless' map, have to say this is one really cool map. You start off on a platform in the sky thats being bombarded until it breaks away, then you fall into a small green area with the wipeout racetrack blasting through it.

P.S. Anyone wanna help me out with the friendly competition trophy? Need it for the Vita, but if you have the PS3 version I can still play with you, not to bothered about winning the fight, just need to play with someone on my friends list. Send me a PM if you're willng to help out.

From what I've been told, the way a lot of Vita players bypass the touch screen issue (somewhat) is by tapping the very edge of the screen instead of directly where the item is placed.

I can help with the Friendly Competition trophy if you haven't gotten it yet.

I can help with the Friendly Competition trophy if you haven't gotten it yet.

Thanks but I got it a while ago actually. The online trophies on the Vita version were a lot harder, not because it was hard to find a game, but it seemed like I could only ever get into games which were not timed, this meant building up levels was really difficult.

yeah, all you have to do is tap the screen wherever to pick up the item, you don't need to tap the item itself, it isn't that big of a deal. I will agree with the "losing yourself" issue, I even have that issue with the ps3 too, just not as much. They need to implement a name system like Brawl, so it's easier to keep an eye on your character.

The main issue I have with the Vita version is pressing R to try to pick up an item opposed to the touchscreen, so I accidentally whiff out a special

New DLC costumes and minions: http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/psallstars/topics.html

-Kratos: Apollo armour

-Fat Princess: Ninja gear

-Sackboy: Swimsuit

-Nathan Drake: Scuba suit

-Parappa: Smoking

-Sly: Prison dress

-Emmett: Logan Graves skin

-Kat: Spy outfit

-Veger (Jak and Daxter)

-Hades (God of War)

-Zarok (MediEvil)

-Specter (Ape Escape)

-Alias (Gravity Rush)

-Preacher (Twisted Metal)
-Chloe (Uncharted)

-Alister Azimuth (Ratchet & Clank)

-Young Drake (Uncharted)

-Nathan the Koala (Carnival Island)

-Nevi (Gravity Rush)

-Bakuki (Escape Plan)

-Mooselini (PaRappa the Rapper)

-Yunica (Gravity Rush)

-Torn (Jak and Daxter)

-Syd (Gravity Rush)

-Zoni (Ratchet & Clank)

-Jasmine (Hot Shots Golf)

I kinda wish the minions and costumes you unlock through purchases didn't show up in game. I find it really annoying since I don't really plan on dumping another retail game's worth of money into this game just to unlock all the extra pointless stuffs. While some of the costumes look pretty cool and would like to use, I find myself not feeling like the extra dollar is worth it. I think last time I checked, to get all the current costumes on the store through character packs costs around 15 dollars. 15 dollars for alternate skins?

I don't know, maybe it's just me that's pretty put off by it. I guess I'm more of a fan of the idea of buying a full on character + stage pack for like 3-5 bucks a pop, equipped with the respective alternate costumes and related minions. Those extra little aesthetics and minions that just got "CLAPCLAPCLAP" for 2 seconds tops when you get a kill aren't money worthy. I'll probably lose it if we get to the point of buying icon background packs XD.

I guess all that aside though, that jail outfit for Sly is pretty cool beans. Still crossing my fingers for a dapper Sly from his dance in Sly 2.

6b2a710227414c64e573da1c618275ce.png?136

I really hope this isn't the DLC costumes Japan is getting that we already fucking know about.

Nope Seth said that the stuff being revealed is brand new. Also the new costumes and minions are online, along with another patch that adds Tag and a Chimera as minions.

Yeah, he ended up clarifying not too long after I made that post. There's also a new patch live that adds a bunch of new minions (including two new free ones) and fixes some bugs. It's bigger than you'd expect tho'.

This patch along with this big announcement tomorrow makes me think new characters are on the horizon.

Btw, the 1.08 patch is already avaible for the Vita version: the two free minions released with this apperently are Chimera (Resistance) and Tag (ModNation Racers).

So long for those who hoped for a playable Chimera.

Hyped for tomorrow in any case.

Another god of war character....meeeeeeh. I'm sorry but Zeus just doesn't as a character look like a interesting choice.:/ and Isaac....yay...more 3rd parties...(at this point, sonic will be in here in no time.:P)

Edited by Aqua

You know, I was saying that Sony characters just aren't as iconic as Nintendo ones but, this is ridiculous. Seriously? Isaac and Zeus? ZEUS? You have to have better characters to choose from Sony. How about, if you're going to add characters like Zeus, why not add an actually interesting character from an already represented IP? Like Captain Qwark or Dr. Nefarious. Oh yeah, and how about someone like Wander or Ico?

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph
  • Thumbs Up 1

No please: if anything, the only second character from a franchise already represented i would like to see is Solid Snake.

Anyway, i want to cout the franchise represented:

*God of War (characters, stage, hazard, items, minions)

*Parappa the Rapper (character, stage, minions)

*Killzone (character, stage, hazard, item, minions)

*Fat Princess (character, minions)

*Twisted Metal (character, stage, hazard, item, minions)

*Uncharted (character, stage, items, minions)

*inFamous (characters, stage, minions)

*Sly (character, stage, hazard, minions)

*Jak and Daxter (character, stage, hazard, minions)

*Ratchet & Clank (character, stage, hazard, items, minions)

*Heavenly Sword (character, stage, minion)

*LittleBigPlanet (character, stage, hazard, item, minion)

*Ape Escape (character, stage, hazard, item, minions)

*MediEvil (character, stage, minions)

*Doko Demo Issho (character, minions)

*Gravity Rush (character, minions)

*Starhawk (character, item, minions)

*Resistance (stage, hazard, item, minion)

*Patapon (hazard, item)

*LocoRoco (stage)

*Buzz!! (hazard, minion)

*Hot Shots Golf (hazard, minions)

*WipEout (hazard, item)

*The Unfinished Swan (hazard)

*Carnival Island (minions)

*Warhawk (minion)

*Escape Plan (minions)

*ModNation Racers (item, minion)

*The Mark of Kri (item)

*Bioshock (character, stage, hazard, item, minion)

*DmC (character, minion)

*Tekken (character, minion)

*Metal Gear (character, hazard, minion)

*Dead Space (character, minion)

-i'm probably forgetting something)-

Aside from the terrible lack of RPG representation (and of course the lack of characters like Crash), there's a lot of variety here in all complex, and i like it. Hopefully the game will be supported after Zeus and Isaac.

Ugh I really don't care for either character personally, but I'm willing to give them both a chance. I was skeptical about Emmet at first but he turned out to be one of my favorite characters. That stage looks pretty cool though.

I don't care for either of these characters, there's nothing about either of them that's really iconic or PlayStation-y.

Was really hoping for someone like Crash or Spyro.. but the Unfinished Swan stage at least looks cool.

So Mink was right? lol

Pff, both are stupid additions in my honest opinion. I rather have Buzz playable, at least he's not a 3rd party or a secondary character. Not even gonna ask where's Crash, Spyro, Cloud or Abe, because it will never happen. Next DLC prediction? Sully and the new inFamous kid.

Oh, a'least the stage looks awesome.

Edited by Jango

After watching IGN's in depth video of the 2 in action, I'm actually kind of ok with their inclusion. I would of preferred almost anyone else, but Zeus and Isaac look like a lot of fun to play as. Zeus especially. It's nice to see they have some pretty unique supers compared to everyone else.

• Thumbs Up 3