Awoo.

I fear for Sonic's future

SenEDDtor Missile

The OP makes so many generalizations and exaggerations that it is practically begging for an >implying response.

• Thumbs Up 6

The OP makes so many generalizations and exaggerations that it is practically begging for an >implying response.

You know, I still have no idea what that means, I fail at the internet.

Sonic 4 and Sonic Generations was SonicTeam's answer. 4 is still in the making, and to those that whine about Generations not being 1:1 to whichever Genesis title the elitists have in mind, I say screw 'em.

Requires explanation for the bolded area. And I'm having an irrational moment right now, so my fears tend to be more...exaggerated to say the least; Im usually not like this.

Edited by Enigma2

Sometimes I don't understand why Sonic Team is trying so hard to please the unpleaseable. Like the Silver announcement as a rival boss in Generations a few days ago, a lot of fans are pissed and said they're going to cancel their pre-orders cause Silver is in it. The game and the boss fight looks great but people let the characters ruin the game for them. It makes me fear that Sonic Team is going to continue the Sonic only path and we might not ever play as other character in a main series Sonic game again.

On second thought, I'm glad they're making solo Sonic games so that way people can't put the blame on Sonic's friends for making the games suck. Critics and non Sonic fans keeps saying that if Sega gets rid of everyone in the series then that will help make the games better and Sonic will be saved. So if Sonic Team is making Sonic only games and if it still sucks then they don't have other characters to blame.They'll realize that it's the gameplay and not the characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Colours isn't even a year old yet is it? Granted it had an over-reliance on 2D gameplay but it still wasn't completely pandering. A nice middle-ground.

Sometimes I don't understand why Sonic Team is trying so hard to please the unpleaseable. Like the Silver announcement as a rival boss in Generations a few days ago, a lot of fans are pissed and said they're going to cancel their pre-orders cause Silver is in it. The game and the boss fight looks great but people let the characters ruin the game for them. It makes me fear that Sonic Team is going to continue the Sonic only path and we might not ever play as other character in a main series Sonic game again.

What, just to appease about 10 idiots? To call these sorts of people a vocal minority would be an overstatement.

Edited by JezMM

Every now and again, we get one of these doomsday topics where the OP believes the series is going to go down the crapper and die based on slippery slope thinking. I honestly don't understand them, especially since they're always off the mark. Remember all the people claiming the series would never recover from 06? Probably not, hence the point.

tl;dr- Calm your tits. xP

To those wondering what >implying means, it basically means... that you're implying something. Usually something stupid.

On topic, no I don't think any of that makes any sense and while I wouldn't put it past Sonic Team to try too hard to cater to certain outspoken fans (as they've done) I don't think they'd do it to the point of ruining the series entirely. They're having a good streak, I don't see reason to doubt it will continue.

Every now and again, we get one of these doomsday topics where the OP believes the series is going to go down the crapper and die based on slippery slope thinking. I honestly don't understand them, especially since they're always off the mark. Remember all the people claiming the series would never recover from 06? Probably not, hence the point.

tl;dr- Calm your tits. xP

Theres a difference between a doomsday prophecy and me just having an irrational moment due to personal fears, but thx for the virtual face slap, I needed it.

Edited by Enigma2

I can understand why Sonic Team would be "playing it safe" to some degree with recent titles and relying to some extent on nostalgia and simplicity, but I doubt that they will be always be doing that. Mainly since I don't feel that they are completely pandering to classic fans. Colors still relied on a strange gimmick(The Wisps) for its gameplay to work, and the very fact that Modern Sonic and his gameplay are in Generations feels like a good sign, showing that Modern isn't being abandoned by Sonic Team, but instead being acknowledged as an evolution of the old Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1

The number of people who are so deluded as to think Sonic's only options are a perfect recreation of the Genesis games or death is actually very, very small. And considering how many people would be driven off by it, they are most definitely not a market worth pursuing to the exclusion of all others. So unless the people in charge of the series are literally retarded, it won't happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

The number of people who are so deluded as to think Sonic's only options are a perfect recreation of the Genesis games or death is actually very, very small. And considering how many people would be driven off by it, they are most definitely not a market worth pursuing to the exclusion of all others. So unless the people in charge of the series are literally retarded, it won't happen.

Thank you, Dio, for being one of the few people in the thread to say something constructive.

Edited by Got the Rooftop Runs

Well this helped alot. My irrational moments are soothed now. TY

All this nostalgic pandering is only because of the 20th anniversary. I think it'll be back to new games after this.

I was worried that Sonic Team were gonna continue having Sonic as the only playable character, but after seeing the large cast of Generations and apparently some levels featuring other characters lending a hand with their abilities, I'm seeing some hope.

What do you guys feel? Do you think Sonic Team will cave in like that? I don't want Sonic to be turned into the plaything of sociopathic egotistical fanatics who use this only to inflate their horribly overbloated egos and to rub it in the faces of other Sonic fans. I want him to improve, to interact more with the other characters and for his gameplay to keep getting better, not go backwards to satisfy the elitist pricks.

Not worried in the least.

Do you really think sega would take THEM seriously? rolleyes.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Not worried in the least.

Do you really think sega would take THEM seriously? rolleyes.gif

Oh god the blissful memories

Sonic Colors was the best Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2, and Sonic Generations is bursting with fun and personality at every corner, and you're worried that the series is going to become bland and soulless after such wretched treks such as Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic '06 were so swiftly usurped?

Okay.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hate to say it, but I honestly don't think the original post is all that exaggerated. They do cater to nostalgia a lot.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hate to say it, but I honestly don't think the original post is all that exaggerated. They do cater to nostalgia a lot.

Aside from Sonic 4, I don't really believe this, Sonic Generations is an anniversary game so it gets a free pass. Sonic 4 sucks considering what it was trying to do.

You know, I still have no idea what that means, I fail at the internet.

It's some bullshit that branched from 4chan, like everything that deteriorates the internet.

It means somone says something that contradicts facts or one's opinions. The latter is what takes place at that. other. forum.

vegetafacepalm.jpg

Why is this topic still going on?...

The OP already said he is fine now. he is done with his "omg sonic is gonna die!" moment. think its best to let the topic die off now.