Awoo.

Silver makes a better villain?

Chaos Walker

THIS. SO MUCH. That's just about perfect for Silver right there!

And how the hell does that justify you posting the same damn video over and over?

It's not the same damn video.

It has my poster in there. ._. The hell have I DONE!?

And really, the music is getting old. PLEASE, stop posting that damn Matrix music. It's annoying.

Edited by VizardJeffhog

Sorry, but i have every right to BRAG now.tongue.png

If by 'brag' you mean get your arse suspended from the forums for a week, then yes, you do. Let's not post it again, okay?

• Thumbs Up 3

I would post at the "other" forums more often, but it hasn't seemed to arouse my interest yet.

So, I suppose I'll give this a crack.

Ahem.

Silver, a good villain? That depends. I think his character rep is too 'ruined' and his design seems silly to do that. If they redesigned him and made him evil, that would be too weird, besides why not just make another character. Though, it would be awesome to see a villain in Sonic that has psychic powers and can at least be original about it(to that series).

Edited by Ishtar

About the only way I can see Silver working as a villain is if it's played for comedy. Like...he tries to be this big bad who threatens all of time and space...but winds up as more of a Heinz Doofenshmirtz.

• Thumbs Up 1

If I may steal your sig Relvis:

d3cd442f.jpg

I by no means want the current Silver to become a villain. Eeeeew, bad image. But, I think with a mere personality re-write Silver could have pulled it quite well. From the image above I get the "micheivous clown" vibe. You know, the sort that likes to crack jokes and annoy the heroes to death for the fun of it.

Silver.png

If Silver had shown up looking like this though, and was introduced as a villain I don't think anyone would have had any problem with it. He certainly wouldn't be the main threat, but a side foe like Knack/Fang would have suited him just fine.

Edited by Chaos Walker

You know, looking at that Sonic Channel pic, maybe what Silver needs most is to be shown as genuinely happy more often. It seems that he's portrayed as angry or uncertain far too often, which appears to hold back his character growth.

About the only way I can see Silver working as a villain is if it's played for comedy. Like...he tries to be this big bad who threatens all of time and space...but winds up as more of a Heinz Doofenshmirtz.

But that sort of thing wouldn't make sense. It'd be far more consistant to be this Knight Templar parody villain, someone who thinks he's doing the right thing.

Neither his personality nor the aesthetic of his appearance work well for a villain. I personally think he's a rather silly and superfluous character anyway, and I don't think that switching his allegiance or underlying motivation will make him any more interesting. I don't actively dislike the guy... I just really don't find anything appealing about his design or characterisation. I could take him or leave him. Meh.

Its definitely a step up from being a Trunks rip off, but I don't see it happening, Silver is pretty much an established hero at this point so him being a villain wouldn't make a lick of sense.

The way I see it, Silver took the Knuckles' (like Sonic 3 and Sonic adventure) place now. Gullible, suggestible).

He's a better rival than a villain.

I share this opinion and might add that as a hero he is just kind of redundant and generic for being the idealized hero that strives for justice. Really nothing original in him as a character unless Sega instead had made him a parody of that concept, keeping traits like arrogance and overconfidence yet in the end an endearing joke character.

In a franchise that prides itself on character archetypes, what does being generic even mean?

• Thumbs Up 3

The way I see it, Silver took the Knuckles' (like Sonic 3 and Sonic adventure) place now. Gullible, suggestible).

Yeah...that only happened once with Silver, its not a running gag like with Knuckles.

In a franchise that prides itself on character archetypes, what does being generic even mean?

I mean he means its more generic than usual, for me its that hes kind of shallow as an archtype, I mean everyone else basically walking anime stereotypes but at some of them manage to be endearing despite that with their own unique traits, Silver...not so much.

If he ends up as a rival, then he could be the one who challenges Sonic often to see who's the best....oh wait, Jet the Hawk..Well Silver could be the one who just prone to Sonic challenging him....Yeah Silver's better as just a ally to Sonic rather than a villain/rival.

If he ends up as a rival, then he could be the one who challenges Sonic often to see who's the best....oh wait, Jet the Hawk..Well Silver could be the one who just prone to Sonic challenging him....Yeah Silver's better as just a ally to Sonic rather than a villain/rival.

Or he could be the Ky Kiske to Sonic's Sol Badguy.

That comparison was kind of odd for me since I've barely played any Guilty Gear, but there you go.

• Thumbs Up 1

I could kinda see SIlver as the kinda guy to start randomly yelling about how he hates lies, evil, and bell peppers like Bang Shishigami from BlazBlue might.

Edited by BlazeyBakeneko

I could kinda see SIlver as the kinda guy to start randomly yelling about how he hates lies, evil, and bell peppers like Bang Shishigami from BlazBlue might.

Except Bang is actually cool, despite being an idiot, Silver isn't.

Except Bang is actually cool, despite being an idiot, Silver isn't.

He would only be a villain if it was intentional.

Expanding on this thought for a second. Silver can actually be pushed to this edge if his future/world/goal were in serious jeopardy. At extremes I could see Silver taking a you're in my way or any means possible stance on the people in his way. Silver would be a real dick this way.

Expanding on this thought for a second. Silver can actually be pushed to this edge if his future/world/goal were in serious jeopardy. At extremes I could see Silver taking a you're in my way or any means possible stance on the people in his way. Silver would be a real dick this way.