Awoo.

Silver makes a better villain?

Chaos Walker

I was thinking more like this:

cytomander2.jpg

but I suppose that's more or less the right idea.

Edited by Noire
  • Thumbs Up 4

I honestly don't see him as a good villain, though he shouldn't be attacking Sonic right now, seeing as the fight seems to take place after Silver defeated the Iblis (Look at the skies and not nearly as much fire) So either silver just flat out hates Sonic, he's somehow tied into Eggy's plans, or he knows what's coming

if the Time Eater = Future Sonic rumor is correct

I can see him being a Hero Antagonist or Anti-Villain rather than a straight up villain.

I don't see him working as a long time villain to be quite honest. He works much better as a more lawful good hero to contrast with Sonic's chaotic good.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't see him working as a long time villain to be quite honest. He works much better as a more lawful good hero to contrast with Sonic's chaotic good.

I thought that's what we had Knuckles for?

Anywho I have an idea about Silver and how he can work, but it doesn't involve turning him into a villain, I'll just copy-paste from the Sega Forums:

Anyway Silver yeah, his problem is that his story is pretty much a dead end, his future is screwed up and he has the to fix it, but once that's over with, what else is there? I mean its obvious Sega still counts him a recurring character and he can't have the same excuse every time he appears, so here's my solution.

Have Silver come back to the past for the same reason, but rather than go back to the future, how about he stays in the past? To ensure that the future he went through never comes to light, his screentime can be devoted to figuring out how things work in the past as opposed to his own time and adjusting to them, a fish out of water basically. I'd also develop a one sided rivalry between him and Shadow, why? Because from what I've seen of Silver, he's a naive idealist, an inexperienced kid who thinks he can take on the world, so naturally he would see someone like Shadow as a villain or maybe someone who shouldn't be trusted, and Shadow being who he is would probably blow him off, or see him as a nuisance. Maybe Shadow belittles Silver's idealism and tells him he should grow up, while Silver rebukes that he'll never give up his beliefs, it would be a clash of Idealism vs. Cynicism basically.

Yeah I think that sounds way more interesting than what Silver is now.

• Thumbs Up 2

Now that's a good idea. I think people are getting the wrong end of the stick with Silver being a villain. He's not a villain, he's naive and insecure, always trying to do the right thing and for justice and to be a hero and so on. Even in 06 you get inklings of this, where he worries about doing the right thing by killing Sonic (obviously it's moot anyway, but he doesn't know at the time as he's a bit dumb). It's just too bad the rest of his plot is just IBLIS TWIGGER! Silver to me seems like he's supposed to be a well meaning and quite sweet character but goes overboard in trying to be a hero. I'm not saying make him really angsty as he could simply be contemplative, perhaps more... intentionally dorky and silly, rather than how 06 managed to make him goofy while trying to make him serious.

I think Hellfire Comms said it best when they said it's a shame they didn't do more with his moral side of the plot than the YOU MUST DIE IBLIS TWIGGA stuff.

Edited by Semi-colon e
  • Thumbs Up 1

Knuckles comes across as more Neutral than Lawful. You could say that Blaze fits that same role I described, but she more less tolerates Sonic's chaotic tendencies since he always ends up doing the right thing anyway. The whole Lawful Good stuff was basically a reason that Silver can be a rival to Sonic, depending on whether or not Sega will want him to be a rival anyway.

I actually quite like your idea for Silver a lot better. Especially the whole rivalry with Shadow, Reminds me of Shirou and Archer's in Fate/Stay Night a little bit.

Knuckles comes across as more Neutral than Lawful. You could say that Blaze fits that same role I described, but she more less tolerates Sonic's chaotic tendencies since he always ends up doing the right thing anyway. The whole Lawful Good stuff was basically a reason that Silver can be a rival to Sonic, depending on whether or not Sega will want him to be a rival anyway.

I actually quite like your idea for Silver a lot better. Especially the whole rivalry with Shadow, Reminds me of Shirou and Archer's in Fate/Stay Night a little bit.

Doesn't the fact that Knuckles is so damn dedicated to his job make him lawful? Especially since it shows hes more responsible than Sonic?
More responsible than Sonic isn't much, since (if we're going to use something as restrictive as DnD alignments) Sonic's clearly Chaotic Good. Also he pretty much ignored his job entirely (as far as the player can see) for quite a few years.

More responsible than Sonic isn't much, since (if we're going to use something as restrictive as DnD alignments) Sonic's clearly Chaotic Good. Also he pretty much ignored his job entirely (as far as the player can see) for quite a few years.

That's my point, he's the lawful to Sonic's chaotic. And I think that's more attained to poor handling of the character than an outright refusal to do his job, and even so he's Lawful good, meaning that he should have to abandon the lawful side once in a while otherwise he comes off as Lawful Stupid.

If they changed his personality a bit, after looking at those new screens, I would have honestly PREFERRED if he was a villain.

Anywho I have an idea about Silver and how he can work, but it doesn't involve turning him into a villain, I'll just copy-paste from the Sega Forums:

Not to make things more complex, but I've always felt a sense to have Silver maintain a "piece" of the future in the present so that he'd still have more going for him and not be a potential "come in to save the world" character that can be used for any plot. To summarize it, get Silver involved in a plot, but instead of having his future safe, make things a bittersweet ending by flat out dooming his future no matter what he does, and use his since of duty to the future to have him stubbornly save what he can by sending it to the present, like say one or two cities.

But eh, criticize how you will...

That's my point, he's the lawful to Sonic's chaotic. And I think that's more attained to poor handling of the character than an outright refusal to do his job, and even so he's Lawful good, meaning that he should have to abandon the lawful side once in a while otherwise he comes off as Lawful Stupid.

Hey hey hey! Dammit. You guys know where talking about Knuckles ends up going around here, knock it off!

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Not to make things more complex, but I've always felt a sense to have Silver maintain a "piece" of the future in the present so that he'd still have more going for him and not be a potential "come in to save the world" character that can be used for any plot. To summarize it, get Silver involved in a plot, but instead of having his future safe, make things a bittersweet ending by flat out dooming his future no matter what he does, and use his since of duty to the future to have him stubbornly save what he can by sending it to the present, like say one or two cities.

But eh, criticize how you will...

That seems overly complex like you said, there's also the fact that would mean we would have to show Silver has a connection with said city for him to justify going through such extreme measures to save it. There's also that if Silver's future is ruined, what would bring that part of it to the past solve exactly? But hey that's just me, its certainly not a bad idea but I think it shouldn't be that complicated.

Hey hey hey! Dammit. You guys know where talking about Knuckles ends up going around here, knock it off!

.....Oh god we almost went down that path again.

I think he's fine as a hero, nothing worng with him as a character in my opinion. His gmaeplay in '06 was brilliant, refreshing and a different play style for the series, I liked it a lot.

I think he's fine as a hero, nothing worng with him as a character in my opinion. His gmaeplay in '06 was brilliant, refreshing and a different play style for the series, I liked it a lot.

Just because it was different and refreshing doesn't mean it was good.

"Silver is so much cooler as a villain."

What do you think? What if Silver had been written as a pure villain? Could it work? How would he be different?

Does this answer your question?biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Rynnec nailed it. Silver works in the role they already gave him. The idiot paladin. He's too wrapped up in the righteousness of his mission to notice who he's stepping on. So in his "SERIOUS BUSINESS GUISE" way he's an adequate boss and antagonist. He would only be a villain if it was intentional.

Does this answer your question?biggrin.png

For fuck's sake, will you stop posting that damn video.

Edited by Shadic93

Sorry, but i have every right to BRAG now.tongue.png

And how the hell does that justify you posting the same damn video over and over?

Edited by Shadic93

You and shadic are both making a big deal out of nothing. Predictions of this caliber are not noteworthy in the least, much less for it to be carried across multiple topics. Srsly guise. :|

Edited by Nepenthe

The only way to make Silver a Villian is This:

Take of his bracelets, fight him, keap beating him. The stress will make him lose control and you get...

PSHYCHO SILVER!!!!!

You and shadic are both making a big deal out of nothing. Predictions of this caliber are not noteworthy in the least, much less for it to be carried across multiple topics. Srsly guise. :|

I have no problem that he was right, I can deal with that, but hes posted that video with the same theme in over 5 topics already with no reason or justifcation and its kind of annoying.

Nah, I just take one look at him and I burst out laughing, what a rediculous design, lol he looks like a Babylon Rogue reject design.