Awoo.

DaddlerTheDalek

PFFT. That's a terrible plot, it's almost like you want to stay true to the series or some shit.

WHAAAT?! No human buddy that outshines the anthros?! No live action?! No events that parallel the real world?! No comic sidekick?!

THAT'S CRAZY TALK!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Pfft, I'd rather take a very faithful film adaptation of Sonic X over miru and Steve993's attempts of a film adapation/storywriting....although the sad part is that if a Sonic film was made I'm pretty sure some meddling executives would actually try making the story as such in a vein not unfamiliar to the Chipmunks/Smurfs live-action/CGI movies.

I take it Uwe Boll is the director? Also, I love how the Death Egg is literally the Death Star but with a moustache photoshopped on it.

Knuckles is Vin Diesel.

just imagine that.

just FUCKING IMAGINE THAT.

Samuel L. Jackson is the only actor worthy enough to play Knuckles.

• Thumbs Up 3

Honestly, my ideal Sonic flick is something fast, funny, action packed, somewhat quirky (I'm thinking Pixar kind of quirky instead of Colors quirky), entertaining, and fun to watch. The animation has to be fast and energetic. Sonic feels more natural in CGI animation. Though if we're going with 2D animation, something like Motorcity (only with less seizure-inducing colors and more use of actual hand-drawn animation and less flash, though they could use a combination of those) or the Sonic Riders opening would be great. Voice cast should be consistent with the games. No celebrity stunt casting. >> Cast any new characters that actually fit instead of getting more people to see your movie just because Tom freakin' Cruise is in your movie. The story, of course, should be stand alone, and new, and simple. As far as the music goes...whatever works with the scene. Don't just slap some random CRUSH 40 song for no reason. Save all the vocal songs to the credits. As for what people should make it....eh, why not have Disney do it. They did a great job with Wreck It Ralph, so why not. It's not like they're going to make them SING or anything.... :P

Edited by Ryusuke

Something like Wreck-it Ralph, that moves me emotionally in a good way, that shows character development for every character and almost means something.

One that is filled with love at least equal to the love Generations got for everything but story.

One that has a reasonable budget to produce good quality CGI like in Unleashed, but through out the movie.

One that follows the game continuity.

One that writing and voice acting is amazing.

I can dream can't I?

Edited by Faseeh
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

I remember a couple of years back there was a mention of a SatAM movie (or, at least I think there was), I know it would never become reality however I would love to see this done. Reason being it's my favourite Sonic universe. Also would like to see maybe a late Sonic X comeback movie (yes, I actually like this show). 

Saying all that, I would be happy with any kind of Sonic movie, I would just enjoy going to the cinema and sitting with a load of Sonic fans, enjoying the movie with the fan base biggrin.png (and I would probably go every day it was being shown >.>). 

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember a couple of years back there was a mention of a SatAM movie (or, at least I think there was), I know it would never become reality however I would love to see this done. Reason being it's my favourite Sonic universe. Also would like to see maybe a late Sonic X comeback movie (yes, I actually like this show). 

Saying all that, I would be happy with any kind of Sonic movie, I would just enjoy going to the cinema and sitting with a load of Sonic fans, enjoying the movie with the fan base biggrin.png (and I would probably go every day it was being shown >.>). 

That would be neat Mizuki I always dreamed of seeing a Sonic movie in theaters and just how epic that would be with fans around.

Anyone seen Jim Sass's return to little planet films? They are live action and quite wonderful I believe he even premiered them here at the Sonic Stadium a few times. Wondered if anyone had anything positive to say about a Sonic adaptation like his.

I'd give my left leg if SEGA VE Animation Studios animated it.

After I saw the Lorax (AKA the movie responsible for an obnoxious tumblr fanbase.... that isn't Homestuck) and it's wonderful visuals, I fantasized about seeing the same beautifuly detailed 3D stretch-and-squash animation that we see in the recent CG intros and cutscenes in the Sonic games on an IMAX screen. Not only would my eyes would melt, but I'd also grin like an idiot seeing Sonic on the bug screen, even more than when I saw him in WIR.

I agree with Derpy, I hope they don't pull an Inspector Gadget the Movie and stick with not even half of the source material. (Giving Dr Claw a robot claw? Really?)

Also, this would be the first movie I'd actually want in 3D. Ever played Generations on a 3D TV? That's something else.

My ideal Sonic movie:

-An origin story; how Sonic became a hero, how he became friends with Tails, enemies with Dr. Robotnik

-Setting is Mobius

-SATAM is used as the basis for the story

-Characters from the games and shows included

-Elements from the games (such as Robotnik's Eggmobile) also included

-Original cast members (Jaleel White as Sonic, Kath Soucie as Sally, Mike Pollack as Dr. Robotnik)

-With the addition of Kwesi Boakye as Tails, Nancy Cartwright as Bunnie Rabbot, and Liam Neeson as Sonic's father (in a vision)

-Dr. Robotnik's name in this: Dr. Julian Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik

-Characters from the video games/Sonic X use their current design. Sally and Antoine's designs are from SATAM Season 2 with Bunnie Rabbot's design from Season 1 and Rotor 's design from the pilot.

-Love Triangle between Sonic, Sally, Amy, and Antoine (Sonic in love with Sally, Amy trying to win Sonic's heart, and Antoine doing the same thing with Sally)

-Metal Sonic in this (with one line of dialogue voiced by Ryan Drummond)

-Elements/Scenes from Sonic X episodes Chaos Control Freaks and The Dam Scam and the SATAM episode Hooked On Sonics used

-Plenty of action, plenty of comedy

-Sonic creators Naoto Oshima and Yuji Naka having cameos (they play a character talking Japanese and a character translating for him respectively. If Yuji Naka can't speak English, then next choice would be Sonic level designer Hirokazu Yasuhara) in addition to serving as producers.

-Plus cameos by Jason Anthony Griffith, Roger Craig Smith, Martin Burke, Kathleen Barr, and Ian James Courlett as Coconuts.

-Traditional 2-D animation done at Film Roman with Eric Goldberg and Bob Jaques as animation directors (there will be 2 animation units)

-Animation crew consisting of the best in the animation buisness (featuring animation by Danny Antonucci, John K., and Milton Knight who will also serve as part of the storyboarding department. These 3 under the Bob Jaques unit)

-Made and presented in 2.35:1 widescreen (my favorite aspect ratio in film)

-Main title theme will be "The Fastest Thing Alive" (either performed by The Noisy Neighbors or a different band)

-Distributed by Summit Entertainment

Personally, I don't think SatAm should be used as the basis as any Sonic feature film, not only because it's got little to do with the games, but because it's not going to be relevant to many people anymore.

• Thumbs Up 2

[...]

-SATAM is used as the basis for the story

-Dr. Robotnik's name in this: Dr. Julian Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik

To be honest, if they are going to take anything from SatAM, it damn better not be Robotnik, or should I say, Julian. He was a terrible villain and by far the worst incarnation of the doctor. First look at his appearance with his oversized shoulder pads, and black and red robot eyes... that's not scary, it's just ridiculous. But worse, Julian is a horribly weak character - he's a generic pile of evil, with absolutely no personality, no quirky traits, nothing. I just got the impression they were trying too hard to make him a monster and just ended up making him bland and uninteresting.

• Thumbs Up 1

It makes sense; Robotnik is in rule with an iron fist and the only one who can stop him is Sonic and The Freedom Fighters. And Robotnik in my idea is the one we know and love (I shouldn't really say that cuz he is a villian after all! :P ). But yes, his red and black eyes are seen in one scene.

The end of my movie idea involves Sonic winning, Robotnik's fortress being destroyed having to start from scratch, and everything going back nice, cheery, and happy.

I liked Bane's sky pirates idea.

I don't agree with the overwhelming support of a PIXAR-esque CGI film, though...it doesn't seem right