Awoo.

Eddie Lebron Sonic Movie: New Teaser Trailer!

slam422

Yeah, I liked White's Sonic. It's not bad, especially compared to how it used to be if you ask me. It was definitely the voice direction that killed it though.

Actually, lemme rephrase this:

How dare people criticize something they don't like?

What makes me completely ambivalent about that kind of reaction is not only that it criticizes the act of criticisizing something near-universally agreed to be awful, but the thought that aspiring film makers in this fandom cannot subscribe to proper film theory and make something competent (really, it didn't need to be on Tarantino's level to be acceptable; hate this fucking strawman) both angers me and makes me confident that the par I need to meet is so hilariously low if I ever get started on my own film endeavor.

Can't say any more than what's already been said. It was boring as hell and didn't have a single redeeming quality. There go twenty minutes of my life.

• Thumbs Up 1

Or it's, you know, because they legitimately think his Sonic voice is good, regardless of how poorly it might have carried in this fan film that undoubtedly had poor voice direction anyway.

I could barely hear his voicing because of the fucking dramatized music.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know... if you watch the news segments at the start of the video... You get the date that this film is set in.... are you ready for this.

January 9th 4013.

2000 years into the future. Yet only Eggman has advanced technology.

It's a very minor complaint in the grand scheme of things I know. But just add it to the list of problems that this movie has and it just removes any sense that any thought or care went into this. I've not seen a Sonic representation this bad since Sonic Chronicles.

• Thumbs Up 4

What makes me completely ambivalent about that kind of reaction is not only that it criticizes the act of criticisizing something near-universally agreed to be awful, but the thought that aspiring film makers in this fandom cannot subscribe to proper film theory and make something competent (really, it didn't need to be on Tarantino's level to be acceptable; hate this fucking strawman) both angers me and makes me confident that the par I need to meet is so hilariously low if I ever get started on my own film endeavor.

Oh there are some brilliant fan made stuff out there, just when it comes to Lebron's work, it really isn't and normally ends up with cringeworthy acting and poor CG.

Or it's, you know, because they legitimately think his Sonic voice is good, regardless of how poorly it might have carried in this fan film that undoubtedly had poor voice direction anyway.

I never said people can't like him, just that that's probably the primary reason people are going to say he's great regardless of the voice direction and how it sounds.

Le Oy Vey....

Well I'm about done with this Fan Film. I need to stop anyway because I'm close to post #500 and might waste it, so i'm gonna go watch Batman over and over to blow off steam...

I just watched the "movie" out of curiosity. It was okay at the beginning, I like futuristic sci-fi themes like that and didn't notice any of the YouTube star cameos because I haven't actually seen most of them before, so that didn't bug me very much. But then as the movie progressed I was checking the time remaining because it was damn boring, nothing was happening.

As for the storytelling, the whole thing was basically a bunch of random scenes piled together. The fundamental elements you need to make a story of any kind were either missing or just barely there. There wasn't much of an inital conflict (basically Robotnik is doing something or other, and it isn't good). And there was certainly no resolution; I don't know what the fuck happened in that story and don't care to think about it because most of the scenes didn't make a shred of difference in the end.

The Sonic model was bad. Sure it was realistic, because it showed how his 6 big quills are made up of millions of smaller ones. But that visual aspect of the model was so prominent and overdone that it made him look like he was full of static or had just gotten out of the shower. It should have been more subtle, definitely. Also, he was badly animated and as for the mouth, I'm not even going to go there.

I thought Robotnik was a good character with okay acting. But I expected a lot more out of Jaleel White for Sonic's voice acting. AoStH and SatAM weren't nearly that bad, so don't let this awful sample of his Sonic voice acting turn you away from those. But in this film, he was terrible. The voice was too high and sounded rusty, it was cringeworthy. The actual dialogue wasn't good either, those random "Way past cool" lines were very out of place.

I didn't like the movie. I wouldn't watch it again. I'll probably forget about it within a few days; there was nothing memorable about it at all.  But my feelings toward it are mostly just "meh". I commend the effort, but I can't lie; the movie was bad. The only thing I actually hate about the movie is that it won't do Sonic's damaged reputation any good, but other than that it's just another bad movie that I'll forget about in a few days.

Am I really? I hated the film, I wasn't expecting it to be even "alright" but some of you came here with waaaay too high expectations for this and watching you "criticise" it is more painful than watching the movie.

The original point is it's a terrible movie, that was always going to be terrible, and will remain terrible and will further fuel 4chan and reddit for years to come, the only problem I see is why you didn't see it sooner?

I really hope that this passes under the radar of 4chan and reddit, and the internet community at large. Sonic really doesn't need any more bad representation right now; it just deepens the wound. The franchise's public reputation needs time to heal, and this film isn't helping anything.

I won't say much, but personally the best scene in the movie was Sonic's banter with the GUN troops. Both in acting and animation. It was the only time the characters felt real.

As for the movie, I'm disappointed. Not because it was bad (my hopes for this to be good were lost the minute I found out it was being made by the same guy who did that Mega Man live action fan film) but because I expected more from something that took 2 years to produce with fan donations, especially in the animation and special effects department, and especially after his Mega Man movie was feature length.

• Thumbs Up 5

Well, I just got finished watching this movie and, since pretty much everyone already said I would've said, I'll just keep my thoughts short:

... No, sir, I didn't like it. It's meh, boring, drab, average. It barely kept my interest and everything about it is just plain jarring.

I really hope that this passes under the radar of 4chan and reddit, and the internet community at large. Sonic really doesn't need any more bad representation right now; it just deepens the wound. The franchise's public reputation needs time to heal, and this film isn't helping anything.

This film got over 2,000 likes on youtube. I wonder is it because of the internet celebrities cameos...

NOTHING escapes 4Chan or Reddit's radar, nothing.

I'm too afraid to search the Sonic recent news tag on either...

1357858440725.jpg

oh god /v/

This one is better.

1357858794580.jpg

But yeah, pretty much shows how laughable the dialogue is in this film at times.

Edited by Darth Vader
  • Thumbs Up 4

1357857392044.png

ew

1357857673754.png

ew

1357866518176.png

why

edit: fyi, I did not watch the movie. Only skimmed. It was terrible even by skimming.

..Did you guys actually watch the whole thing?

Edited by Autosaver
  • Thumbs Up 2