Awoo.

Another Story Arc

Kuzu

The current Arc is the Multiple Sonic Arc!

Hedgehog Sonic+Werhog Sonic

Sonic+Robo Sonic

Modern Sonic+Classic Sonic

smile.png

The curent arc is the not an arc, arc?

There's the theory that Colors is actually just a prologue to Generations.

If this is true, and with Tails' device in Unleashed being back in Colors, we could assume there's a story arc between Unleashed, Colors and Generations. Maybe one between '06, Rush and Rivals too. Plus references to this one arc in the "Unleashorations" (bleck) arc, making both arcs an extension of each other AND linking them to the Shadow arc (hello, '06 is part of the Shadow arc).

So here's how it'd go in my point of view:

Arc 1: Death Egg Saga

- Sonic The Hedgehog (prologue)

- Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (part 1)

- Sonic 3 & Knuckles (part 2)

Stand-alone story: Sonic CD

Stand-alone story linking the Death Egg Saga and Sonic CD: Sonic The Hedgehog 4

Stand-alone short stories:

- Sonic Advance

- Sonic Advance 2

Arc 2: The Gerald Saga

- Sonic Adventure (prologue)

- Sonic Adventure 2 (part 1)

- Sonic Heroes (part 2)

- Shadow The Hedgehog (part 3)

- Sonic Battle (part 4)

- Sonic Advance 3 (epilogue 1)

- Sonic '06 (epilogue 2)

Arc 3: Through Time and Space

- Sonic '06 (prologue)

- Sonic Rivals (part 1)

- Sonic Rivals 2 (part 2)

- Sonic Rush (part 3)

- Sonic Rush Adventure (part 4)

- Sonic Colors DS (epilogue)

Arc 4: Eggman's defeat

- Sonic Unleashed (prologue)

- Sonic Colors (part 1)

- Sonic Generations (part 2)

Yeah, laugh at it if it's good for you. But that seems to make sense to me - all these arcs have their own structure, as in different ways of telling the story, different recurring characters, etc.

I also support the "Future Nega got trapped in Blaze's dimension" theory and the "Blaze's sealing with Iblis in '06 made her reborn in another dimension" theory. Laugh at me some moar.

There's the theory that Colors is actually just a prologue to Generations.

If this is true, and with Tails' device in Unleashed being back in Colors, we could assume there's a story arc between Unleashed, Colors and Generations. Maybe one between '06, Rush and Rivals too. Plus references to this one arc in the "Unleashorations" (bleck) arc, making both arcs an extension of each other AND linking them to the Shadow arc (hello, '06 is part of the Shadow arc).

So here's how it'd go in my point of view:

Arc 1: Death Egg Saga

- Sonic The Hedgehog (prologue)

- Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (part 1)

- Sonic 3 & Knuckles (part 2)

Stand-alone story: Sonic CD

Stand-alone story linking the Death Egg Saga and Sonic CD: Sonic The Hedgehog 4

Stand-alone short stories:

- Sonic Advance

- Sonic Advance 2

Arc 2: The Gerald Saga

- Sonic Adventure (prologue)

- Sonic Adventure 2 (part 1)

- Sonic Heroes (part 2)

- Shadow The Hedgehog (part 3)

- Sonic Battle (part 4)

- Sonic Advance 3 (epilogue 1)

- Sonic '06 (epilogue 2)

- Sonic '06 (prologue)

- Sonic Rivals (part 1)

- Sonic Rivals 2 (part 2)

- Sonic Rush (part 3)

- Sonic Rush Adventure (part 4)

- Sonic Unleashed (prologue)

- Sonic Colors (part 1)

- Sonic Generations (part 2)

Yeah, laugh at it if it's good for you. But that seems to make sense to me - all these arcs have their own structure, as in different ways of telling the story, different recurring characters, etc.

I also support the "Future Nega got trapped in Blaze's dimension" theory and the "Blaze's sealing with Iblis in '06 made her reborn in another dimension" theory. Laugh at me some moar.

This would actually make sense if most those you listed actually some story continuity between them

If this is true, and with Tails' device in Unleashed being back in Colors, we could assume there's a story arc between Unleashed, Colors and Generations.
No we can't. Tails' computer sticking around does not make Unleashed part of this supposed arc.

Maybe one between '06, Rush and Rivals too.
There's nothing really connecting them besides the characters in them, but these characters are different in each game/subseries, so we don't even have that.

Plus references to this one arc in the "Unleashorations" (bleck) arc, making both arcs an extension of each other AND linking them to the Shadow arc (hello, '06 is part of the Shadow arc).
...what?

- Sonic Colors (part 1)

...how the...what?

But where's the story that actually links them?

I also support ... the "Blaze's sealing with Iblis in '06 made her reborn in another dimension" theory. Laugh at me some moar.
Okay, I will, because that's a pretty dumb theory.

This would actually make sense if most those you listed actually some story continuity between them

Arc 1:

The Death Egg, obviously. Sonic 1 is just there to explain Eggman's revenge (and construction of the Death Egg).

Arc 2:

SA1: Nothing special, but one of its events has an impact on SA2's story (Tails having saved Station Square).

SA2: Shadow appears.

SH: Shadow is back.

ShTH: Shadow gets his memories back.

SB: Shadow still wonders one last thing. Also, Emerl, another project related to Project Shadow, appears.

SA3: A robot made with Emerl's parts appears and takes the main villain role in the end.

S06: We get proof Shadow's in the army and acting for good now.

Arc 3:

Blaze and Silver both appear in S06. But the timeline is changed and their backstory changes too. Silver now lives in a good future while Blaze is in another dimension and guards the Sol Emeralds. Eggman Nega comes from Silver's future and is then sealed in a destroyed location in Blaze's world, where he tries to commit crap again.

After Nega's done for good (or not ?), Colors DS' dialogues have minor references to Sonic Rivals 2 and Sonic Rush Adventure, and even '06.

Arc 4:

Unleashed is kind of a stand-alone story but Tails' device re-appears in Colors so it kinda links them. Then Eggman gets corrupted by Nega energy and becomes the Time Eater (supposedly).

Although Unleashed is more or less a stand-alone story, and Colors is still a stand-alone story as we need details about Generations' plot, it still kind of works. IMO.

No we can't. Tails' computer sticking around does not make Unleashed part of this supposed arc.

I know. It's just to put Unleashed somewhere.

There's nothing really connecting them besides the characters in them, but these characters are different in each game/subseries, so we don't even have that.

This is a theory. Based on other theories. Don't take it like I'm trying to prove something.

...what?

What what ? The Rush/Rivals arc is linked to the Unleashed/Colors/Gen arc due to Colors DS. And the Rush/Rivals arc is linked to the Gerald arc due to '06. Linking all of them indirectly.

...how the...what?

What what again ? In the Rush/Rivals arc, Colors DS acts as an epilogue, making major references to both series and pretty much being an aftermath (we learn Silver's world is pretty much like the present, and Marine hasn't matured since Rush Adventure). As for Colors Wii, there's a theory that it sets the events of Generations.

Okay, I will, because that's a pretty dumb theory.

It's barely a theory. More like a point of view. Based on multiple theories that'd you find dumb anway. < __ <

Edit: And in case it wasn't obvious enough: I see Colors DS as being part of the main series and just being an "alternate version" of Colors Wii. Both have the same level of canon, they just don't happen in the same version of the timeline. Nothing major.

Edited by Koopalmier

Arc 4:

Unleashed is kind of a stand-alone story but Tails' device re-appears in Colors so it kinda links them. Then Eggman gets corrupted by Nega energy and becomes the Time Eater (supposedly).

I have never heard that "Eggman is Time Eater" theory before. However, if that turns out to be true... holy shit, that just might be the most amazing thing ever. I've always wanted to be in a one-on-one fight with a "Super Eggman", without him being inside any sort of machine.

I have never heard that "Eggman is Time Eater" theory before. However, if that turns out to be true... holy shit, that just might be the most amazing thing ever. I've always wanted to be in a one-on-one fight with a "Super Eggman", without him being inside any sort of machine.

So its perfectly fine for Eggman to be a MOTW.

It has been heavily hinted that Time Eater is a foe who already appeared in the series (and, according to the manga, who Sonic already knows) yet it's introduced as a new entity. In the manga, Eggman's not been seen since the events of Colors too. And the leaked small pic of Time Eater on the website shows it looking like the Egg Nega Wisp with Eggman's moustache, more or less. Plus Eggman appears kind of out of nowhere, leading to think Modern Eggman in Gen is the Eggman from an earlier time period (Unleashed, maybe). And Time Eater is specifically targeting Sonic, so it knows what it's doing.

AND Generations' story was probably being made while Colors' was. AND the writers said they wanted to link all games so that it makes sense (they're probably going to fix the whole Rush/Rivals issue, but both games are canon according to Colors DS). And, for some reason, Eggman's ship has a crack during Colors' ending. The theory is that, as Eggman was caught in the middle of the Nega Energy explosion, his ship got broken a bit, and he got corrupted by Nega energy, becoming the Time Eater and insane, thus trying to destroy Sonic at all coast, even if he must destroy the world for that. He also mentions having his next plan ready at the end of Colors...

Basically: Eggman got corrupted by Nega energy at the end of Colors. He then became the Time Eater. That'd also explain Colors' light story: it was just the prologue to Generations.

• Thumbs Up 1

And, for some reason, Eggman's ship has a crack during Colors' ending.
Really? Really?? Why is this even A Thing? Why does this require or even ask for an explanation beyond the obvious; that it's cracked because he just lost a fight against a guy whose primary attack was smashing into the cockpit of his robot, and then the rest of the robot exploded?
  • Thumbs Up 1

Really? Really?? Why is this even A Thing? Why does this require or even ask for an explanation beyond the obvious; that it's cracked because he just lost a fight against a guy whose primary attack was smashing into the cockpit of his robot, and then the rest of the robot exploded?

Nah, not convoluted or overexaminated enough.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, I was just pointing it out as a minor thing.

But now that I think of it, it IS strange that Eggman's cockpit got a bit broken. That thing resisted everything until then.

Am I the only person that notices that SA1 is quite clearly part of the Classic Arc? It's pretty much a direct sequel to S3&K, provided you read the Japanese manuals. The S3 manual even directly mentions Chaos and the ancient echidnas and pretty much describes all the history later expanded on in SA1.

Anyway, assuming that Sonic 4 successfully ties together Sonic CD and the Death Egg Saga, I'll say that everything from Sonic 1 to Sonic Adventure is one continuing story arc. Next would be the Shadow Arc, consisting of Sonic Adventure 2 to Shadow the Hedgehog (I'm hesitant to include Sonic 06; everyone seems to say that the game should be part of the Shadow Arc because he becomes a GUN agent in that game, but as far as I know that's the only game he's appeared as a GUN agent in. So...yeah).

Following that, Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Colours both have very episodic plots, yet they share certain things like Tails' Miles Electric and, heck, Orbot himself. These games feel more like episodes of a TV show—the plot is self-contained, but all the props and characters stay the same.

I have to say...I prefer having a story arc. It's more fulfilling; it keeps me interested. Not that the writing or plots of Sonic games will ever be spectacular, but I at least feel appreciative knowing that someone put at least some effort into it.

Plus arcs make great fanfic material. tongue.png

• Thumbs Up 2

I might find something like that interesting. Every Sonic game lately has been it's own independant adventure, but I have this suspicion in the back of my mind that the story book games could be tied together somehow in the third instalment. Of course that's a stretch.

I think once Sonic finds his place gameplay-wise with reviewers and sales numbers, we'll start getting games that have related stories again.