Awoo.

The Kingdom Hearts Series: KINGDOM HEARTS 4 ANNOUNCED! STAR WARS POTENTIALLY TEASED (page 175)

KHCast

10 minutes ago, Chris said:

While I'm impressed at the level of quality in the game, I'm still dumbfounded by one aspect of Square's idiotic design choices: who is this UI intended for?

There are two aspects of this that I'm not fond of, and it seems to be a consistent issue with their 1080p+ offerings:

• If I have to take my attention off of the focal point (the action) to check my heath, attacks or status - it's bad.
  • If I have to squint to read it - even on a 55" television - it's bad.

I can't be the only one? FF15's was torture and KH3 seems to have the same UI failures going on. This issue wouldn't be that bad if options were provided to increase the size. Unfortunately, they usually aren't.

This is even an issue with the FF XIV, the MMO. They just now let PS4 players adjust the size of the text in a recent patch. Seriously, how is it that they're still pulling a Dead Rising when most devs have realized small text is idiotic for console games?

Edit: And for the record, here's the UI for 2. From the HD Remix.

0-new-kh21.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

5 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Wasn't the UI in 0.2 basically what it is in 3?

Using recently linked images in this topic in an overlay, you can spot the size differences of the bottom left and right elements. The text is much smaller for abilities and the health/mana/status is nearly half the size - this isn't even accounting for the party health which is relocated and nearly a quarter of relative size to the older games.

http://i.imgur.com/cOilbWk.jpg

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

Using recently linked images in this topic in an overlay, you can spot the size differences of the bottom left and right elements. The text is much smaller for abilities and the health/mana/status is nearly half the size - this isn't even accounting for the party health which is relocated and nearly a quarter of relative size to the older games.

http://i.imgur.com/cOilbWk.jpg

0.2 not KH2 lol

KHCast meant the ridiculously named Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep 0.2, which was in the 2.8 HD release. The UI is rather small in that game too, though it's hard to tell off hand if it's AS small as 3's. The issue is that in 3 it displays more than just Sora's health, which could have lead to shrinking the ui even more.

kingdomhearts023.jpg

Edited by Conando
Other image was busted

Hmm, well personally, I haven't found the UI too distractingly small. But I don't mind if they made it larger 

It's more of a pain in the ass for people with vision problems. I'm near sighted, and even my glasses don't do the trick for far away images if the text is small.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, KHCast said:

0.2 not KH2 lol

I'm aware what you were referring to but I'm comparing the existing UI scaling to that of the older games. 2.8HD was included in my statement of Square's 1080p+ offerings all sharing the UI scaling issue.

M64LFZo.png

So I just noticed that the keychain for Toy Story's Keyblade looks to be an LGM attached by a claw and that's freaking adorable.

• Thumbs Up 6

I'm also loving how it's a mix of space and western. Very mish mashy concepts! 

Is the LGM being a keychain a first in the series for a genuine 3D item being the keychain and not just a flat 2D item based on something from gen world?

• Thumbs Up 2

Loving that Toy Story is in. I've been dreaming of this since the first game. It's always been my favorite Pixar franchise and with Lion King my favorite animated Disney movies. 

They seem to be doing a great job, the world looks great. I wonder what voice actors will be returning. I imagine Hamm and Rex will keep theirs at least. Buzz and Woody I'm less sure, especially Woody. I hope we hear some "You've Got a Friend in Me", but off the top of my head, I can't think of times KH has used music directly from the movies.

Also, I said this last night in the chat, but I hope there's just a scene mid-battle when a human comes in and everyone stops, even the heartless.

Side-note, this has gotten me in the mood to rewatch the movies.

• Thumbs Up 3

In light of the announcement, Nomura has stated in an interview to IGN that it's highly possible for the entire series to hit the Switch.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Marcello said:

I hope we hear some "You've Got a Friend in Me", but off the top of my head, I can't think of times KH has used music directly from the movies.

Well, Halloween Town's main track was a rendition of 'This is Halloween' from The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Port Royal's battle theme was a rendition of 'He's a Pirate' from Pirates of the Caribbean. Maybe they could remix 'You've Got a Friend in Me' as part of the non-battle music for the world.

I've gotta say, seeing Toy Story's world and characters in Kingdom Hearts (and rendered so brilliantly at that) has got me immensely hyped for this game! There's clearly a lot of love going into bringing these unique worlds to life, and I simply can't wait to see more.

7 hours ago, Marcello said:

Also, I said this last night in the chat, but I hope there's just a scene mid-battle when a human comes in and everyone stops, even the heartless.

Side-note, this has gotten me in the mood to rewatch the movies.

Does young Xehanort count?

Also. People seem sure some of those action toys were unversed

Edit: Annnnd after the initial hype, people are now complaining about the gameplay and shitting on the gameplay. Gist of it: its simplified garbage, situation commands are shit and are restrictive and rng centered, flowmotion being in blows, and drive forms being situational commands sucks. Overall, people don't see this whatsoever in relation to KH2.

Guys, because I'm getting bored as hell of this game and just want to move onto Riku's story and KH2, I need any and all tricks for breaking Sora's story in Re: Chain of Memories and beating it easily. People always say it's easy to break the bosses and such in this game, but I never figured out the right sleights, and setups for doing so and therefore had to beat the game normally on my first play through, which I really can't be bothered to do this time. Help would be great.

So it sounds like there's less Disney worlds than in KH2, and Big Hero 6 was a last minute addition in 2015 (so certainly, any movies released after that announcement are pretty much impossible to be in).

http://kh13.com/news/there-will-be-less-disney-worlds-in-kingdom-hearts-iii-than-the-previous-numbered-title-big-hero-6-world-development-is-going-well-and-next-information-is-on-its-way

Supposedly this is where the Big Hero 6 info comes from, but its in Japanese:

http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/51718090.html

In regards to Disney worlds, well, KH2 did have Atlantica which was pretty much nothing. I believe the rumor we had a while back was around 8, right? It could be that they supplement it by returning original worlds. Twilight Town & Mysterious Tower confirmed (Mysterious Tower is small, though). Odds are decently likely for Castle Oblivion (for Ven), and I still think Radiant Garden will be back as well. We'll probably see a new original "final" world. And I really hope Destiny Islands is a playable world this time.

My favorite bit from the interview:

"It’s not in the trailer, but there are times where Rex mistakes Sora for a toy of a game character that’s up for sale in the Toy Story world."

Knowing that this kind of meta humor is already in the game makes me want a Wreck-It Ralph world EVEN MORE.

• Thumbs Up 7

Just now, Spiderpool CC14 said:

Knowing that this kind of meta humor is already in the game makes me want a Wreck-It Ralph world EVEN MORE.

I would love a Wreck it Ralph world. It's my favourite Disney movie of all time, and seeing that meta humour would be amazing.

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

and Big Hero 6 was a last minute addition in 2015 (so certainly, any movies released after that announcement are pretty much impossible to be in

Yeah I've been saying this for awhile now, but if that's true, nice to finally have something to back me. BH6 at the time of 3's serious dev, and likely much after they had made final plans for the worlds, was still fairly new, and going back to add anything more recent, especially in this era with how powerful these systems are, would be more work than it's worth.

so I'm guessing around 8-9 Disney worlds. Certainly more than BBS at the least. So we got so far

1. Olympus 

2. Tangled 

3 San fransokyo(BH6)

4. Toy Story

and almost certainly Frozen.

thats five out of the potential 8-9, more than half already confirmed. With that, I hate to say it, but Princess & the frog probably ain't gonna happen. And chances for Pirates returning, despite its popularity atm, is slim. (I mean I'm sure a returning world from KH2 will happen, just not sure how likely it'd be port royal...though if that ends up happening, pirate costumes plz!)

Star Wars or Marvel I'm still hoping will be one of the picks as a really out there choice(leaning towards star wars cause BH6), and going with the trend, it'll probably be based on a original story.

The last two(if we assume 9) I'm honestly not sure on. One like I said earlier, may be a returning kh2 level(they did that poll a few years back asking what Disney world from KH2 fans would wanna see again), and the other may be a retro stage (101 dalmations, Bambi, dumbo, Robin Hood, etc) or hell, maybe one more Pixar world.(doubtful)

WiR would be awesome, but I'm still not convinced on that being likely 

Edit: and I'm hoping Pooh doesn't count towards the world total 

17 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Yeah I've been saying this for awhile now, but if that's true, nice to finally have something to back me. BH6 at the time of 3's serious dev, and likely much after they had made final plans for the worlds, was still fairly new, and going back to add anything more recent, especially in this era with how powerful these systems are, would be more work than it's worth.

Yeah, my thoughts as well. I was pretty certain that we wouldn't be seeing anything extremely recent like people were speculating the potential of Moana and Zootopia. I recall saying back then I found it incredibly unlikely, I think it was even in this thread.

so I'm guessing around 8-9 Disney worlds. Certainly more than BBS at the least. So we got so far

1. Olympus 

2. Tangled 

3 San fransokyo(BH6)

4. Toy Story

and almost certainly Frozen.

thats five out of the potential 8-9, more than half already confirmed. With that, I hate to say it, but Princess & the frog probably ain't gonna happen. And chances for Pirates returning, despite its popularity atm, is slim. (I mean I'm sure a returning world from KH2 will happen, just not sure how likely it'd be port royal...though if that ends up happening, pirate costumes plz!)

The 12 worlds in KH2 include both 100 Acre Wood and Atlantica. Both of which amount to pretty much nothing. Disney Castle is also extremely small as well. I'm not too worried about the number of Disney worlds actually.

I'm definitely going on 8-9 personally. 8 could be a plausible number; maybe they planned on using 7 as a meta reference to their being 7 lights.

As for a returning KH2 world... well, Twilight Town is straight out of KH2. And I suspect we also get Radiant Garden which is also very similar to KH2 (though probably expanded since then).

The last two I'm honestly not sure on. One like I said earlier, may be a returning kh2 level(they did that poll a few years back asking what Disney world from KH2 they'd wanna see again), and the other may be a retro stage (101 dalmations, Bambi, dumbo, Robin Hood, etc) or hell, maybe one more Pixar world.(doubtful)

WiR would be awesome, but I'm still not convinced on that being likely 

I doubt another Pixar world as well. I really want Sherwood Forest, though. I think that'd be an amazing addition. Another option could be Jungle Book (replacing Deep Jungle as a Jungle level), they would've known in advance that Jungle Book was being developed, and since its a classic story, they could've chosen Jungle Book with knowledge that it would become relevant again.

If we really want a Disney world straight out of KH2 (but didn't Nomura say a while back the Disney worlds would be brand new maps entirely?), I'd like Pride Lands back. Even though I have extreme doubts it actually happens.

Another option could be Lilo and Stitch, but that might cross over with Destiny Islands and negate the possibility of the latter being a full world.

Completely forgot about jungle book. That is totally a candidate, Nomura has tried multiple times to include it. If we end up excluding a KH2 world(though I thought Nomura simply said "most" disney worlds would be new worlds, though he could be referring to Olympus), maybe a mix 2000's world could happen? I've wanted Atlantis or treasure planet for awhile now, and you make a point about Destiny islands already filling that tropical trope.

Bambi or dumbo would also be awesome picks for a classic world, especially since they've been summons before. Though to be fair, pranksters paradise already filled that whole carnival trope. And not sure how Bambi could work story wise...

also yeah Sherwood Forest would be amazing. Robin Hood is such a cocky asshole that's I'd love love to see him in a more recent portrayal.

so my guesses I guess would be now

Hercules

Tangled

BH6

Toy story 

frozen 

jungle book 

Robin Hood 

Star Wars 

atlantis or treasure planet

Honestly, I'd love Timeless River to get a new world but either be based on The Disney Afternoon/A Goofy Movie, or be based on the modern Mickey cartoons.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Honestly, I'd love Timeless River to get a new world but either be based on The Disney Afternoon/A Goofy Movie, or be based on the modern Mickey cartoons.

It was one of the most popular worlds so that'd be nice. Space paranoids I wonder if it'll get mentioned again if we return to radiant garden 

22 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

A Goofy Movie isn't really Timeless River. Timeless River was based on very old classic black and white cartoons. A Goofy Movie is more modern.

Just now, JaidynReiman said:

A Goofy Movie isn't really Timeless River. Timeless River was based on very old classic black and white cartoons. A Goofy Movie is more modern.

That's the point, a new Timeless River world would go higher up the era of Disney cartoons. KH2 was ten years ago and focused on the black and white Disney stuff, so what would be better than for KH3 to jump to the next era that people considered nostalgic, that being Disney Afternoon/Goofy Movie era. 

But another part of that is I wanna see Max and maybe Roxanne introduced to the KH verse to show that Goofy has some family and such in this world too, similar to how KH2 had a bit of focus on Daisy and Donald in Disney Castle.

• Thumbs Up 1