Awoo.

Sonic Generations: Manga [Story]

Woun

They'd best have a skip feature handy. I don't think I have it in me to sit through 74 cutscenes.

They're not all storyline cutscenes, mind you. Most of them are, though.

1 SEGA Logo Cutscene

11 CGI Cutscenes

1 Credits

19 Story (In-game) Cutscenes

17 NPC Character Cutscenes

11 Rival Cutscenes

14 Viewer Cutscenes

They'd best have a skip feature handy. I don't think I have it in me to sit through 74 cutscenes.

Why not? Are you not interested in the story?

Why not? Are you not interested in the story?

You mean the story of Sonic traversing the past to take on this "new mysterious force"/MOTW?

Edited by Balding Spider

Thanks, Golem. You've got me worrying about the english script again, now. sad.gif

I really hope that the script stays as close to the Japanese version as possible. I don't want to go through over 70 cutscenes with terrible jokes taking over the main plot and character interactions.

You worry too much if you think that the writing is going to be the same like it is in Colors.

You mean the story of Sonic traversing the past to take on this "new mysterious force"/MOTW?

..You were expecting something more?

..You were expecting something more?

Normally yes, but with the confirmation of the Colors/Madword/HTF writers and constant reassurances that it would be a simple story I can say no.

Normally yes, but with the confirmation of the Colors/Madword/HTF writers and constant reassurances that it would be a simple story I can say no.

Even without the Colors writers on board, what kind of story were you hoping for?

I think you guys are putting your standards for stories a bit too high, this isn't an RPG where story is the central point.

Even without the Colors writers on board, what kind of story were you hoping for?

I think you guys are putting your standards for stories a bit too high, this isn't an RPG where story is the central point.

Edited by Balding Spider

Pictures, dude :V I want to see the Chaotix!

And seeing as we've gotten a new render for Omega, I'm sure he'll show up in some form in Generations.

You misunderstand. Whenever I play Sonic games my first impulse is to just get to the gameplay asap. And FTR I was hoping for a more simple story, I just don't want to sit through it the first time around. :/

I'm not angry or disappointed by the story I just want to get to the gameplay.

• Thumbs Up 2

Minding you the script in Colors in Japanese was also filled with gags, but... Different gags. Things like Cubot instead turning into a woman and a sumo wrestler, a gag about the price of things, and just generally a different sense of humor. We might receive a gaggy script here, or not. We'll have to see, but the script writers can write seriously.

Oh those zainy Japanese. So basically both version had cultural discrepancies and not much else? I can dig that.

And yes, Omega as a manual labour/arsenal unit for the win.

Minding you the script in Colors in Japanese was also filled with gags, but... Different gags. Things like Cubot instead turning into a woman and a sumo wrestler, a gag about the price of things, and just generally a different sense of humor. We might receive a gaggy script here, or not. We'll have to see, but the script writers can write seriously.

Yeah, but the Japanese version didn't seem to push almost all plot away for the sake of a bunch of constantly terrible, unfunny jokes, like the English version did.

Yeah, but the Japanese version didn't seem to push almost all plot away for the sake of a bunch of constantly terrible, unfunny jokes, like the English version did.

...Really, considering the plot plays out the same exact way no matter what language you're listening to, I highly doubt that.

...Really, considering the plot plays out the same exact way no matter what language you're listening to, I highly doubt that.

The English script is considerably different. The plot is obviously more or less the same. Although the English script is really what makes me dislike it.

The English script is considerably different. The plot is obviously more or less the same. Although the English script is really what makes me dislike it.

Well unless you can understand Japanese I don't really think you can judge.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm going by what's been translated. The Japanese and English scripts are noticeably different.

Lol. Since when did this turn into a differences in region versions of Sonic Colours topic?

Anyway the Japanese version is always gonna be slightly different due to langauge differences. For example in the anime "Full Metal Alchemist" there is a scene in which a baby is born and the main protagonist is stuttering "Uma..uma..uma" and the girl holding the baby looking at him disapprovingly with a look like "Uma?" with the thought bubble thinking of a horse because "uma" in Japanese means horse, but the protagonist is actually stuttering but not quite getting out "Umai" which means like "amazing".

If you tried translating that directly into English it would not make any sense at all, hence the Japanese versions change somewhat for the English version or completly change some dialogue if it'd make no sense at all translated.

Anyways if anyone is interested I photographed then uploaded the Sonic Generations manga to photobucket, along with the close-up shot of Omega. If anyway wants to look it's here:

http://s128.photobuc...e-Master-Board/

Why does not make sense?

We translate, translate, where there will be Japanese.

Because the joke is lost. You can't get "horse" out of "amazing" in English no matter how hard you try.

Anyway, if what's in this Mang is accurate to the games;

-There IS a pretty good number of friends at the picnic in the first place, but there are notable absentees (namely the Chaotix and Blaze). Big and Omega may be Manga-exclusive cameos.

-Tails, Amy and Knuckles actually stay with Sonic? Huh, that technically would mean only one friend who was at the birthday party (and known to be in Generations) would have been sucked in a different timehole and kidnapped.

Weird.

I knew they wouldn't respect each other until they raced. Loved the "bang" pose, fist bump, high five lol. Immediately thought of Sonic The Movie. "My. Man. Coo!" Thanks MasterBoard!