Awoo.

Hardest mission to get an A rank on in SA2 Battle

needlemouse-4-ever

Mad Space is hard for exactly two reasons: It's huge, and the shitty gravity on two of the planetoids. Notice that neither of those are the backwards clues. The first you just read backwards (pause the game if you need more time), the second two you just do the opposite of what they tell you. And the third is usually a very obvious hint.

I didn't exactly put all the blame on the hints. I said it doesn't help that the hints are so shitty. I don't usually use hints when I'm playing anyway (You can't even use hints to get an A). But first time I played Mad Space, it seemed like the worse level. And who here actually enjoys pausing the game just to read something that's backwards. You stated the other reason why I hate the stage. I should've been more clear but in my opinion, it's still a shitty stage.

Now the HARDEST mission to Ace is without a doubt Cosmic Wall on Hard Mode. I swear it has the highest score requirement inthe GAME, and every ring, second on the clock, and 11-hit combo for a "Perfect" bonus counts. You have perform beyond flawless to get an A, andthats not even getting into the ball busting amount of enemies ready to rape the rings outta you. Of all the missions I've had to get an A in, this was the LAST one I managed to get.

This right here. It's like 100K points or something!

I have all A ranks on this game and Im f*cking PROUD OF IT.

ANYONE WHO HAS actually accomplished this deserves a damn medal, Its hard as Sh*t.

For me, some of the hardest ones were...

Dont hit the walls and Cannons Core.

Edited by TheDanimator

ANYONE WHO HAS actually accomplished this deserves a damn medal, Its hard as Sh*t.

When I was younger Hit the Walls was the main mission that kicked my ass. I almost got all but then my data got erased one day and then I had to start from scratch so I just quit altogether. When I got a bit older I went back and did it all again and got the Remade Green Hill Zone.

One thing I remembered is how much more advanced Ive become in Video games ever since my younger days even though even when young I was still pretty good.

Edited by Shade ?

All A Ranks on SA2/B is undoubtedly a huge task that isn't easy but compared to the requirements for Gold Medals/Five Star Ratings in the two Storybook games, it looks downright merciful in comparison. And I know, because I've done it all. I'd happily try my hand at getting all 180 Emblems in SA2B all over again but I wouldn't do the same for SatSR and SatBK because those two games are the KING of difficulty when it comes to 100% completion.

Any of Rouge or Knuckles's levels, in which I have only A-ranked 2, and by pure luck at that. I am just horrible at looking for stuff, in real life and in games.

I don't usually use hints when I'm playing anyway (You can't even use hints to get an A).

False actually. So long as you find the emeralds as fast as possible, the time bonus really adds up, especially in later levels where not using hints can make levels take upwards of 15 minutes.

False actually. So long as you find the emeralds as fast as possible, the time bonus really adds up, especially in later levels where not using hints can make levels take upwards of 15 minutes.

Wow. You learn something everyday. I just assumed you couldn't and went about it gliding around hoping on sheer luck.

You guys know that Metal Harbor is one of the easier levels to get 100% rings on. That's an A-rank isn't it? Not a hard level.

Never had anything against Mad Space aside from trying to pass over the equator of Sphere Planet. And it's not really THAT big; most of it is empty space.

Never had anything against Mad Space aside from trying to pass over the equator of Sphere Planet. And it's not really THAT big; most of it is empty space.

Unnecessary space, a platforming level shouldn't be that big.

Green Hill is another one. It's the only level that I have to abuse the Bounce attack glitch to extend enemy combos for points.

I don't. The real key is getting both invincibility boxes and utilizing them for all their worth.

Remember that any enemies destroyed whilst invincible give double the points. There's an invincibility item box on top of one of the palm trees not far from the beginning right next to the first steep incline and another invincibility item box amongst about 3 10 Ring item boxes close to the first loop.

Of course destroying the enemies in combos and getting as many rings as possible helps too but getting double the points from enemies destroyed under the influence of invincibility is a massive help.

Thanks for the tip. I actually didn't know about invincibility doubling the points.

I eventually earned an A by struggling to obtain as much rings as possible, killing every enemy I see, as well as earning a fast time.

With this tip, I've redone this stage and received an A rank on my first try.

Thanks for the tip. I actually didn't know about invincibility doubling the points.

I eventually earned an A by struggling to obtain as much rings as possible, killing every enemy I see, as well as earning a fast time.

With this tip, I've redone this stage and received an A rank on my first try.

I was actually oblivious to this added effect of invincibility until my cousin told me. To my memory, it DOES NOT double the points from the bonus achieved from combos but it does double the points gotten from destroying enemies i.e If a Buzzbomber is worth 100 points, it'll be worth 200 points if you destroy it whilst invincible.

It's very useful. Try destroying Gold Beetles under the influence of invincibility. That's a 2000 point bonus!