Awoo.

Which Sonic games made you rage?

thedarkknight

None have made me burst out in anger, but I have wondered exactly what was Sonic Team thinking when they made 06?

Oh god in sonic 06, I remember playing the Sonic speed part of that castle ruins level...took me 20 lives to make it to the end so thats 4 continues....I got so pissed off...after finishing the level I got ranked a "C" which is really the ranking this game deserves. With a minus next to it.

This. I actually enjoyed the game, for the most part, but would've enjoyed it a whole lot more if, if just one thing had been made right, it was those damn Mach Speed sections!

None have made me burst out in anger, but I have wondered exactly what was Sonic Team thinking when they made 06?

"Boy is it fun to make money!"

• Thumbs Up 1

Or "Let's try and please adventure fans by attempting A SA3 and not call It that to prevent rage with other fans"

Edited by RosstiferBoom

Wait, wait! Maybe... "Okay everyone, this is Sonic's 15th Birthday this year, we'll make a big game, with gorgeous graphics, fast, fun gameplay with polished alternate gameplay styles, and a fun experience for all types of Sonic fans."

I don't think it's fair to mock them about a game that was impossible to finish at the time.

I don't think it's fair to mock them about a game that was impossible to finish at the time.

Edited by Soma

Don't take it so seriously, I'm just saying, don't pin every single thing on Sonic Team. tongue.gif

To contribute a real post, though..

In every sonic game I've played, I've raged at least once. The exceptions being the Classics since I can't get into them that well.

• The Biolizard: Prototype of the Ultimate Life Form

Ugh, my first hundred tries were hell with this thing it's attack pattern was simple enough, but there were so many different factors that got in the way of me beating it effectively.

Firstly, when it's trying to get you with it's mouth, you have to go a certain speed, if you go too slow, it'll surely catch you. However, going too fast mean it'll just switch to it's tail, and turning around in time tested my reflexes more then what I could tolerate. You also have to make sure you don't fall into the gaps that you can't see at all because of the camera. If you manage to fall in one, I dunno if this was just me, but I'd lose all control of Shadow making him slide(?) to his death.

After you deal with that, it gives you a chance to attack it's weak point, simple enough, right? Well, until those pink explody things come. With this, you must slowly float over to the pink weak spot, but if you get hit by one of those pink things, you lose rings, AND you have to float all the way from the far end again. If you aren't quick enough, you fall back down, and you have to start the cycle again. AARGH.
    • Treasure Hunting in Sonic Adventure 2

The first Adventure game actually did Treasure Hunting better then it's sequal in virtually every regard. What the hell is up with that?

You have to look for 3 Emeralds just like the first game, okay, it's kinda dumb to be in a Sonic Game, but it wasn't that bad in Adventure, so what's the problem?

The first issue is quick and simple to notice, the Emerald Radar only helps you look for the Emeralds one at a time. Why did they regress backwards with this? It was perfectly helpful, yet they make it even WORSE.

The next problem is that the stages are Nearly 3 Times as large as it's prequals treasure hunting stages, not to mention random enemies sprawling about for no apparent reason then just to be there. Couple this with the fact that you can only look for the Emeralds one at a time and we have an issue here.

The hint TV's. Oh God, what were they thinking? Some are either vague, some are either useless, some are fucking backwards, some are the opposite of where the Emerald actually is. If that isn't a huge "Fuck you" then I don't know what is.

Not to mention the messed up gravity changes in Mad Space. This is the ultimate level of control in disarray, if you aren't automatically homed into every circular ball of rock then you are trying to fight the controls to move between the Axis of the planetoid you're already on.

Let's see... Worse Radar + Needlessly Large Levels + WTF Hint TV's + Buggy Gravity = Recipe for Disaster.
      NEXT.

• Shadow The Hedgehog (Video Game)

I have many issues with this game, I'll try to keep it brief, but I'm not making any promises.

-Firstly this is the first game with the Voice Actor Change, and it really shows. Here, have a few wonderful, wonderful~ quotes from this game. ;D

"You know what they say, TEH MOAR THE MERRIER!"

"FIND TEH COMPUTAR RUM."

"WHERE'S DAT DAYUMN FOURTH KAOS EMEWALD?!"

"MAriA!"

The second from the top, I hate with a passion.

-The graphics, are just fugly. The character models are so jagged, and...shiny? And just have poor animation all around. The stages and aesthetics themselves are rather drab and boring, with bland textures as well.

-Shadow himself, why SEGA? Shadow had a perfectly fine personality, but you want to rip it to shreds by giving him this "Hero, Villain, YOU DECIDE?" crap, that only works when a character doesn't have much personality to start with, or when the character is extremely flexible to fit in either, or between. But Shadow, was solid in SA2, why change him for some extra cash? This game ruined his character for me, Only slightly redeeming it in 06.

-The gameplay now, I noticed plenty issues. First, the characters that help you are beyond useless, even if a 2nd player is there to help, Shadow will leave them in the dust in the span of a few seconds. Wanna know why? Because Shadow reaches top speed in about 3 seconds after starting to move. Worse yet, he slips and slides everywhere, making it easy to kill yourself when moving about the stage.

-Speaking of stages, some of them have either pointless objectives or just aren't fun. I recall one stage where you are able to go in a complete circle, back to where you were. Worse yet, some of these have a time limit, or have an extent where the mission stops itself. So you are directly forced into doing some missions because the other one is near impossible to do.

-Story, I already explained how messed up Shadow was, but Sonic felt like he had a bit to much sugar before this game, I know he's a cocky bastard, but sheesh. And sometimes it can be a little inconsistent.

"Let's show those Black Creatures that we mean business."

To;

"Woohoo! This could be fun!"

And then;

"Damn, they got away!"

Again;

"Looks like the parties just gettin' started!"

So what happened here?

And then we have a bullshit origin for Shadow. His blood is from Black Doom.

Shadow The Hedgehog, built by Professor Gerald, has alien blood from a race that wants to rule the Earth just because.

Basically this means Gerald was working together with some random Alien Race that apparently hates humans but worked together with Gerald to create Shadow for no apparent reason.

Yeah, What. The. Fuck.

[*]Gaia Collosus; VS Dark Gaia

Don't get me wrong, the Sonic Portions (Super and Normal) I liked plenty, but The Gaia Collosus....Ugh.

I'll start with a nitpick, why can't he have a deeper, much more booming voice, I know it's Chip...but...seriously. It was so very awkward for me.

Now the real stuff; Okay, so you have to get to Dark Gaia, then QTE him to death attack. Simple enough? Well...no, not really for me.

The first time is easy enough, except for when he throws rocks close up. The problem is, The Gaia Collosus has a lot of lag before his attack actually happens, if you aren't right on time every moment you will fail soon enough, because the Gaia Collosus keeps his health for the entire part of this fight until the Super Sonic Portion, great. As you progressively give Dark Gaia the Beat-down, he'll start throwing the boulders at you at a faster pace, even worse when you're close to him, you'd have to literally stand still and keep hitting the button at the right time to not get pelted with giant boulders. It's like I was playing a tedious quick time event with one button.

The worst part is, if you don't haul your ass getting to him, he'll fire lasers at you instead, and I don't know about any of you, but that fucking thing is near impossible to dodge. I tried blocking it, it helps, but if you don't swerve out of the way, you'll die. You'll die anyway if your health is low enough from the rock throwing to begin with.

So yeah, some things that grind my gears in Sonic games...I'll probably post again, but for now, this post was longer then I expected. wacko.gif

Xenos, I think you meant to say the Gaiazord not whatever you called it. laugh.gif

On a serious note, that cutscene leading to the transformation of the Gaiazord was pretty bad. And that whole boss fight up until the Super sonic fight (HD VERSION HERE) was not fun. I did not enjoy any of that fight. And actually having to control Gaiazord was like saying, "hey kids good luck beating this boss the 1st time w/o any trouble at all. We made sure you could not beat it because Gaiazord can barely move left and right." Hell the Super Sonic fight was not much of a fight to be honest. It was basically hit 6-8 tentacles then deal with one of the hardest QTE's in the game. To only see Chip throw sonic back to the surface and run away with Tails.

GAY!!! angry.gif

I just want to start out and say I am not trolling.

I was curious what the current sonic comments talks about and saw this thread and had to comment.

Sonic Adventure: At the time I had a blast with this, even playing all the other characters. I have to say looking back now I kind of wish the game failed, because sega will not stop trying to perfect this terrible formula.

Sonic 2006: Honestly this is the worst game I have ever played. Now I know there are MUCH MUCH WORSE GAMES out there. But for me personally thats how big of a disappointment this game was. If there was ever a time to kill off sonic and just take a break for 5 years it would of been this game. Not only is this game glitchy and unenjoyable, it shows how sega honestly has NO IDEA what the hell a sonic game is supposed to be. The fact that I see people on here that enjoy it. I am at a loss for words on how a human being who plays videogames for fun can sit-down and ENJOY the Pile of crap 2006 is. WHO THOUGHT FIRST PERSON RING BOX THROWING WITH NO AIMING RETICULE WAS FUN! Was there QA on this title! Playing that game is like watching Transformers 2.

Sonic Unleashed: Tricked me for the last time with this one. Last console sonic game I bought. Overly complicated controls and a terrible werehog levels just made you never want to play this pile of shit ever again. That horrible token collecting, that placed the tokens in these areas you would never naturally explore. So you have to stop and pixel hunt for tokens. I never beat this game because I don't hate myself. Its not worth it. Sega has no idea how to construct a 3d platformer, I wish they would let anyone but sonic team or dimps make a 3d game.

I never tried sonic colors because I had enough of it. I think its kind of sad that Sonic Generations has me interested when they had to crawl back on their knees to 16 bit ideas to trick the old fans they still get it.

I am not trying to be a dick, I know I am coming off as one, but I would LOVE to play a good sonic game again. I honestly don't get why the games sell anymore when the quality is in the toilet. We should not support such crappy games that lack the polish we deserve as customers. Sega should actually gives fans a game that is well thought out and actually has DECENT platforming and gameplay. Thankfully the portable games have been fun. In the mean time there are other platformers out there that offer me the gameplay I wish sonic had.

This is just my opinion you all are welcome to strongly disagree with me or ignore it.

P.S. If you read this and Love sonic still with all your heart. believe me I am happy for you, I can remember a time back on the genesis when I had that feeling.

Also, Sonic and Sega All Star racing is my favorite sonic game in the last 6 years. Its a really good kart racer, thats a game everyone should buy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just want to start out and say I am not trolling.

I was curious what the current sonic comments talks about and saw this thread and had to comment.

Sonic Adventure: At the time I had a blast with this, even playing all the other characters. I have to say looking back now I kind of wish the game failed, because sega will not stop trying to perfect this terrible formula.

Sonic 2006: Honestly this is the worst game I have ever played. Now I know there are MUCH MUCH WORSE GAMES out there. But for me personally thats how big of a disappointment this game was. If there was ever a time to kill off sonic and just take a break for 5 years it would of been this game. Not only is this game glitchy and unenjoyable, it shows how sega honestly has NO IDEA what the hell a sonic game is supposed to be. The fact that I see people on here that enjoy it. I am at a loss for words on how a human being who plays videogames for fun can sit-down and ENJOY the Pile of crap 2006 is. WHO THOUGHT FIRST PERSON RING BOX THROWING WITH NO AIMING RETICULE WAS FUN! Was there QA on this title! Playing that game is like watching Transformers 2.

Sonic Unleashed: Tricked me for the last time with this one. Last console sonic game I bought. Overly complicated controls and a terrible werehog levels just made you never want to play this pile of shit ever again. That horrible token collecting, that placed the tokens in these areas you would never naturally explore. So you have to stop and pixel hunt for tokens. I never beat this game because I don't hate myself. Its not worth it. Sega has no idea how to construct a 3d platformer, I wish they would let anyone but sonic team or dimps make a 3d game.

I never tried sonic colors because I had enough of it. I think its kind of sad that Sonic Generations has me interested when they had to crawl back on their knees to 16 bit ideas to trick the old fans they still get it.

I am not trying to be a dick, I know I am coming off as one, but I would LOVE to play a good sonic game again. I honestly don't get why the games sell anymore when the quality is in the toilet. We should not support such crappy games that lack the polish we deserve as customers. Sega should actually gives fans a game that is well thought out and actually has DECENT platforming and gameplay. Thankfully the portable games have been fun. In the mean time there are other platformers out there that offer me the gameplay I wish sonic had.

This is just my opinion you all are welcome to strongly disagree with me or ignore it.

P.S. If you read this and Love sonic still with all your heart. believe me I am happy for you, I can remember a time back on the genesis when I had that feeling.

Also, Sonic and Sega All Star racing is my favorite sonic game in the last 6 years. Its a really good kart racer, thats a game everyone should buy.

Hey, your post is well made. But here's something that bothers me...

You refuse to buy new releases? I don't mind that too much, but you should at least rent it first, I can't agree with anyone on their views of something unless they've tried it first hand. And saying they had to crawl back to 16-Bit Ideas is a bit of an understatement.

Not only are these levels remade beautifully, they are completely brand new in level design, Classic Sonic is the closest Gameplay to ever try and be the...well...Classic Gameplay. Modern Sonic is like the Unleashed gameplay, but you don't have to hunt for medals, the controls are nigh on perfect (Some people even on this Forum claim this.) and it has more open, 3D platforming.

I'm not forcing you to like them, but you don't know what you do and don't like until you try it. laugh.gif

pretty much the whole game of 06: crisis city S rank (normal and hard)

the black knight: with the 5 stars I only have 2 missions left and I am not going to finish them

sonic adventure: playing as big