Awoo.

Which Sonic games made you rage?

thedarkknight

Sonic Heroes. Too many glitches. Too bad controls (even for a Sonic game). I got a Game Over on Seaside Hill.

• Thumbs Up 1

06... ball puzzle...

I raged when there was no Sonic x Elise sex scene in 06

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic 06 was by far the most rage inducing one for me. Everything about it was just so annoying..the camera, the controls, the physics..one of my biggest disappointments with a video game ever. Plus, those killer loading times and just..everything about the game made it more of a chore to play through for me than anything else.

Not the whole of Sonic Unleashed, but one stage.......Eggmanland. God D**n, that stage had me rage quitting so many times before I finally completed it. It's just too long, too hard and too bloody cheap. Too bad it had the best platforming with Sonic, if it wasn't so rage inducing it would be my favorite stage in the game. But no, it is my least favorite.

Edited by Chaos Warp

Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing. This happened to be a game I decided to pick up an play after a year of moving on from it. I was first in Final Fortress on my final lap. The game pushed me through the floor and knocked Eggman back to eighth.

Hell, the game seems to always push me through the floor or clip something no matter who I'm playing as.

That is one buggy game, Sumo.

Edited by Kintobor

SA2-Crazy Gadget.

Sonic Unleashed - Mazuri Daytime Act 2.

There are probably other levels I've raged at, but I can't remember them right now.

:lol:

Anyways, Sonlamy means "SonAmy is Lame"? What a terrible pun! That reminded me of a lamb!

lol It means sonamy is lame? Didn't intend for that just choose a random letter like L to go inbetween the name AMY. besides I put the L after the A not before it...sonalmy not sonlamy.

"Other than that, I'm a ShadAmy fan."

choose from any size for your signature then.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/L7mRnerM8hc/0.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/shadamy%20signature/ALFRED2525/Shadamy.jpg

or this- http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss45/schneckb/Amy%20and%20Shadow/__Shadamy___by_hayleigh.jpg

or this-(you might like this one the most)

shadamy1.png

http://media.photobucket.com/image/shadamy/Amechaninwonderland/shadamy1.png

also is did you get your avatar from this? http://b.fanfiction.net/imageu/2343671/150/

Edited by Mephiles550

lol It means sonamy is lame? Didn't intend for that just choose a random letter like L to go inbetween the name AMY. besides I put the L after the A not before it...sonalmy not sonlamy.

"Other than that, I'm a ShadAmy fan."

choose from any size for your signature then.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/L7mRnerM8hc/0.jpg

or this-(you might like this one the most)

shadamy1.png

http://media.photobucket.com/image/shadamy/Amechaninwonderland/shadamy1.png

also is did you get your avatar from this? http://b.fanfiction.net/imageu/2343671/150/

Why thank you my good sir.

No, I got it from her gallery though.

Edited by Ishtar
  • Thumbs Up 1

This topic seems a heck of a lot like the "Zones We Hate" topic from a few weeks back, but I guess if we're talking about videogames in general, that's kinda different... right?

My problem is that every single Sonic videogame has a redeemable feature. I can't rage against an entire videogame because somewhere, during a playthrough, I've had fun. So while I'll slip up on something like the Hotdog Stand time trial mission of Eggmanland in Sonic Unleashed, dying right near the end and having to restart forty-five minutes worth of perfect gameplay, the overall experience of the other Day Stages (not to mention some of the Night Stages, too) and exploring the hub worlds was a joy. And as such, despite Eggmanland being a massive truckload of anger, I currently regard Sonic Unleashed, on PlayStation3, as my favourite Sonic videogame.

Oh. Wait a second.

Sonic Labyrinth.

I mean, what were they thinking?! Sonic is a character defined by his speed, so how can a videogame be a success if the first page of the manual reads "Oh no! Sonic has lost his speed!" He moves with all the grace and style of a snake from a 1990s Nokia. Perhaps the concept would have worked (although that's a pretty big perhaps) if the videogame itself had been created for a console with better technical presentation than the SEGA GameGear, but the limited graphics just make matters worse. "Running over to use that spring? Oh, no you're not, have some wonky controls and run into that badnik instead... lovely, now have a dead hedgehog. Rings? What are rings?" I cannot begin to fathom how somebody, how anybody, thought that it was a good idea. Or how playtesters managed to get beyond the first five minutes without turning to their checklists and writing "I WANT TO KILL MYSELF" in their own blood across the comments section. Because it isn't just an older videogame that, by today's standards, we measure and judge. It was awful then, and 'tis awful now.

For all those saying Sonic the Hedgehog (2006), trust me. That videogame is freakin' outstanding compared to Sonic Labyrinth.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll brace myself for the hate that this may cause, but Sonic and the Secret Rings. Virtually... ALL of it.

I have honestly never played a Sonic game with such gut-wrenchingly horrible controls and poorly thought out mission modes and game design. The visuals can be nice (especially the parchment cutscenes which I think are beautiful), but the on-rails and 'always in autopilot' style of Sonic's movement just makes everything a chore. Jumping, attacking, backing up (Oh GOD backing up if I need to...), motion control when it's implemented (flying pots, catapults, flying carpets or whatever)... It's just unresponsive and infuriating, especially on some of the side missions. The mission in Pirate Storm where you're challenged with finishing with no rings (as well as many others like it) has caused me to ragequit on more than one occasion. When you're constantly pushed forwards and the team puts a sea of rings and a stupidly narrow path AND platforming in front of you with no way of getting hurt before the end? I'm sorry, but that's just dickmove-ish.

Call it crazy... but I would MUCH rather play 06 start-to-finish again than to just partly play Secret Rings again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Shadow the Hedgehog. The voice actor swap. ._.

You could just pick amy in the love challenge as sonic before getting into the soleana/castle ruins level or whatever it was called (anyone remember the name?)

How does that change anything at all? Elise is still annoying.

Silver Boss battle in Sonic 06: The 1st one with Sonic, died more times on this than in any sonic game, the later Silver boss battle was better though :)

Silver's ball puzzle: just O.M.G. D: If you keep trying for too long, your gonna have to restart if you want an S rank.

Tails Adventures: It sucks, it sucks so hard it...it just sucks!

Sonic Adventure DX mission mode: Never ever felt the need to 100% this mode due to a couple of annoying missions in Ice Cap....until Sonic DX on Xbox Live D: I eventually did it, but fuck, it was annoying.

Sonic 4's Untouchable achievement: This was always proving impossible for me, eventually i could beat the 4 bosses no problem but the last one would alllllllways get me D: until I found out there was a pattern to him, that required me to stand pretty close to him, after trying that method, got it immediately :D

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll brace myself for the hate that this may cause, but Sonic and the Secret Rings. Virtually... ALL of it.

I have honestly never played a Sonic game with such gut-wrenchingly horrible controls and poorly thought out mission modes and game design. The visuals can be nice (especially the parchment cutscenes which I think are beautiful), but the on-rails and 'always in autopilot' style of Sonic's movement just makes everything a chore. Jumping, attacking, backing up (Oh GOD backing up if I need to...), motion control when it's implemented (flying pots, catapults, flying carpets or whatever)... It's just unresponsive and infuriating, especially on some of the side missions. The mission in Pirate Storm where you're challenged with finishing with no rings (as well as many others like it) has caused me to ragequit on more than one occasion. When you're constantly pushed forwards and the team puts a sea of rings and a stupidly narrow path AND platforming in front of you with no way of getting hurt before the end? I'm sorry, but that's just dickmove-ish.

Call it crazy... but I would MUCH rather play 06 start-to-finish again than to just partly play Secret Rings again.

Sonic 4's Untouchable achievement: This was always proving impossible for me, eventually i could beat the 4 bosses no problem but the last one would alllllllways get me D: until I found out there was a pattern to him, that required me to stand pretty close to him, after trying that method, got it immediately biggrin.gif

Edited by Sega DogTagz

I think every Sonic game has at least one rage-enducing part to it (the CNZ barrel from Sonic 3, that one part in Metallic Madness from Sonic CD where you get stuck in the past and there's no way to get through the level without going back to the future, etc.). Some of the worst moments for me are Eggmanland from Unleashed, the King Arthur battle from Black Knight, some of the later special stages from Sonic Advance 3, and pretty much the entirety of Sonic 06.

• Thumbs Up 1

All of them Wait wait wait. Werehog. When I wasn't laughing at it, at least.

And I guess 06 for not being able to find the computer room until like halfway into the game.

Sonic 4's Untouchable achievement: This was always proving impossible for me, eventually i could beat the 4 bosses no problem but the last one would alllllllways get me D: until I found out there was a pattern to him, that required me to stand pretty close to him, after trying that method, got it immediately :D

Do I need to go on? I wasted almost an hour on this stage. Correction well over an hour on this stage. And since that day I never touched that level again. This guy was lucky though.

Silver the hedgehog in Sonic 06. Say all you want to defend this prick. I hate him, well how Sega made him in this game. He's terrible in just about every way possible. He can fly at super speed but decides to run slower than a snail. WHAT? He has Telekenisis (or whatever they called it in this game) but he can only throw robots after he paralysis them. What? Anytime you have to face him, he's like a god that can easily kill you.

In short, Sonic 06. WORST SONIC GAME I'VE EVER PLAYED IN MY LIFE.

Edited by Eternal Awesomeness

It's only when I try to get the achievements I somewhat 'rage', and not when genuinely playing through the game. Like S ranking Silver's stages.. god that was the worst.. fuck Silver. Then there was completing Eggmanland without dying in those chilli dog missions, though that was kinda different, I was raging at myself more than the game.

Sonic Adventure 2, mainly due to the Meteor Herd and Mad Space stages. The music for both stages are quite catchy, and I normally don't mind the Treasure Hunting Action Stages too much, but actually going through them are an exercise in tedium at best:

• For Meteor Herd, it's due to its sheer size. The first time I've ever played this level, I've spent over an hour trying to search for those Emerald Shards, even after having viewed all the Hint TVs.

• For Mad Space, it's due to the planetoids and the hints. Fighting against all that planetoids' gravitational pulls proved to be far more troublesome than they were worth. Not helping matters were the hints' "special gimmick" where they were not only completely backwards, they also gave clues that were exact opposite of the Shard's actual location.

Combine all that with the randomness of the Emerald Shards' locations, and you've got stages that are at their best in their Mission Fives, where at least the Emerald Shards are always found in their same spots for every playthrough.

Edited by Komodin

Cobalt, your sig is the one redeeming thing in Sonic 06. The scene where Silver gets the shit kicked out of him. I Laughed and replayed that one scene so many times.

Sonic And The Secret Rings.

Uhuh.Yup.

Hate this game with a passion-It brought rage upon me! >.<

So much that i finished the "Lost prologue" (I think it's spelt- correct me if wrong) Never touched it for a solid 2 years after that.

The controls are damn right annoying. it actually gave me head-aches after playing it.

Then finally brought up the courage to play it again-

WORST TWO DAYS OF MAH LYYFFE! -_- XD

I did finally complete it though.

the music's awesome... but that doesn't excuse the "mountain of hankerchiefs"... Is it just me or did anyone feel, let's say "ashamed", To Watch That? 'cause I certainly did...

*Oh Wait Stuff That Rages Us*... YAR THAT RAGED ME!