Awoo.

Zelda @ E3 2016(And other stuff too I guess?)

Wraith

1465388603-e3-zelda.jpg

Nintendo is livestreaming the first actual gameplay for Zelda Wii U this E3. New information about this enigma of a game is FINALLY getting revealed. 

When

Tuesday, June 15th at 10 AM PST

Where

Twitch

Youtube

MOTOBUG

What to Expect

A live reveal for The Legend of Zelda for Wii U/NX

Pokemon Sun and Moon live Gameplay reveal. 

Footage for already announced games such as Monster Hunter Generations from Capcom, Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

What NOT to expect

This is simply a live gameplay demonstration. No direct show or anything like that.

Unannounced games are unlikely

sheikah.png

• Thumbs Up 4

Does make me wonder if we'll get a good look at Paper Mario Color Splash

YgZo0mA.jpg

8fVC2qn.png
(North America) http://e3.nintendo.com/

Ow9C6KT.png
Treehouse Live Day 1, June 14
North America:           9:00
United Kingdom:      17:00
Central Europe:        18:00

Treehouse Live Day 2, June 15
North America:         10:00
United Kingdom:      18:00
Central Europe:        19:00

03vscXw.png
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nintendo
https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

3Vd16LE.png
Motobug is the SSMB stream, so if you want to watch with us come here.
More information here

http://taima.tv/r/Motobug
https://cytu.be/r/Motobug

Rz5WHpV.png

ZEDusaN.png

• The Legend of Zelda (Wii U/NX)
  • Pokémon Sun/Moon (3DS)
  • Monster Hunter Generations (3DS)
  • Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past (3DS)
  • Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE! (Wii U)

L35tO2T.png

• The Legend of Zelda (Wii U/NX)

g5w2bAP.png

• NX

S1pNUPj.jpg
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/1gvq

From June 14 through June 19, 500 Nintendo fans will be among the first people in the world to play The Legend of Zelda for the Wii U console at the Nintendo NY store. The 500 fans will be selected during a Super-Fan Signup Day, which will be held on Saturday, June 11. Only the first 500 eligible people in line when Nintendo NY opens at 9 a.m. ET will receive a wristband that they can exchange for a ticket, which guarantees them a spot to play the game during selected times June 14-19. (Fans can start lining up at 7 a.m. ET on June 11. Photo ID is required, and minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.)

The six-day free event will begin at noon ET on June 14, when fans will be invited to watch gameplay of The Legend of Zelda live-streamed from Nintendo’s booth at this year’s E3 video game trade show in Los Angeles to the 15-foot gaming screen inside Nintendo NY. This will be the world’s first in-depth look at the game. Then at 3 p.m. ET, the first of 500 fans will begin sampling the game for the first time.

From June 15 to June 19, Nintendo experts will also be giving guided game-play demonstrations on the big screen for everyone to watch and enjoy. Several fans may even get the chance to participate in guided demonstrations. There will also be The Legend of Zelda trivia for a chance for fans to win fun prizes.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160525005436/en/Legend-Zelda-Extravaganza-Kicks-Nintendo-NY-Rockefeller

pCZVvml.png
Day 1

Day 2

If I've forgotten anything or made a mistake, just tell me and I'll fix it.

• Thumbs Up 4

Merged Wraith's and Marcello's Nintendo Zelda @ E3 Topics topics so we don't have two runnin' around. :P

I'm really looking forward to Zelda. I'm also excited for Zelda, and I heard Zelda's gonna be pretty cool. Dunno about Zelda though, it seems iffy to me. There is, however, a rumor that suggests Zelda might be there, so that's cool.

IN ALL SERIOUSNESS I'm soooooo hyped for Zelda U/NX. I just... Hoo boy. I wanna see more characters!

Hotel_Mario_Toast_Toast_by_Mandiny.jpg

"Here's the problem!"

"Too many Zeldas!"

"You know what they say! All Nintendos make Zelda!"

God dammit Ryan I was going to post that. Oh well I hope Zelda you looks interesting. 

It'll be nice to finally see some more Zelda, but I'm disappointed that that's about all they've got that I'm interested in seeing. Like, at E3 in general, since Nintendo's stuff is my main focus. Barring some multiplatform third party surprise or the long shot of Nintendo hiding some stuff, it's gonna be a pretty dull event for me.

• Thumbs Up 8

I'll watch the day one stuff, certainly. Probably keep tuning in day 2 for Monster Hunter, but that's all for me from Nintendo - bar unannounced stuff.

There's got to be stuff we haven't seen. There just has to be.

Not a huge Zelda fan, so if that's really going to be getting 95% of the focus this E3, I worry I'll have nothing to look forward to this year.

Not that it won't pay off. Every time an E3 has even a shred of new Zelda news, it seems most Nintendo fans go friggin' nuts and immediately forget about anything else they show.

I kinda want them to announce the inevitable Smash NX port, but they won't be doing any NX exclusive announcements probably until they actually discuss the NX itself in depth.

And actually announce the Name of the console. That's why a lot of this will wait until the announcement. they don't want brand confusion

I wish they'd be clear on if we'll get a trailer at the start of the stream.  That's all I want to see really, I don't want to see extended bouts of gameplay since I find it hard to immerse myself in a game where during the first hour or so I'm like "Oh there's that thing from E3, oh yeah I already know what to do here".  I'd like it to be as fresh as possible.

After learning that Nintendo spoiled the sand sea, the best and most creative part of Skyward Sword, ahead of the game's launch, I don't trust them anymore regarding this sort of thing.  Thankfully I experienced said part of the game firsthand when I played.

So honestly, I'm so hyped for the new Zelda that I may skip the entire thing.  There's no way I won't hear tidbits unless I leave the internet for half a year, but I'm mentally preparing myself for that.

• Thumbs Up 5

On 6/9/2016 at 7:09 PM, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

And actually announce the Name of the console. That's why a lot of this will wait until the announcement. they don't want brand confusion

What if it actually turns out to be just the Nintendo NX in the end?

Taking things to a New X-Treme!

(Had to...)

I think that is exactly what happened to the DS; the codename became the actual name.  I wouldn't be wholly surprised if this happened with the NX as well; the name has already achieved significant media prominence thanks to being in use for over a year now, and after the widespread mockery of the Wii and the consumer confusion of the Wii U then they'll have to rethink their console naming strategy anyway.

I don't think it would be. The X is too prominent with Xbox around.

Wii was a good name, by the way. :U

3 hours ago, FFWF said:

I think that is exactly what happened to the DS; the codename became the actual name.

The DS had a couple of codenames, actually - Nitro and Iris being two examples - and Nintendo home consoles have no history of maintaining a codename as the official brand name. I doubt the thing will remain called the NX as its official name, but I guess we'll have to wait until they reveal the thing at the back end of this year to know for sure.

One thing's for sure, though: The Wii brand name didn't help the Wii U one bit, in fact it only confused people. They could still re-use it, though - slap a 3 on that thing and call it a day. Wii 3... is not confusing at all, right? Or they could be looking for a new brand name to give them instant name recognition without the negative connotations of earlier systems, though what the new name might be is anyone's guess. As you say, it could be NX.

• Thumbs Up 2

I did do some research which indicated that both DS and 3DS were used as codenames for their respective consoles at various times, but I agree that the situation is perhaps different if the DS had already rattled through a couple of different codenames (and there was never much chance of the 3DS being called anything different).  As for the Wii, maybe my mind is retroactively exaggerating how much people hated the name, but obviously nobody cared about that once the Wii proved to have a simple but effective concept and a bank of great and casual-accessible games.  Regardless, everyone agrees that the Wii U was terrible at communicating its status as a new console rather than a peripheral - and the Wii had a lot of peripherals anyway, so little wonder if people were confused.  Regarding the NX's name, I could just about see it being called something like the UX (minus Wii), if its brand new concept retains a certain level of analogy to the Wii U's control scheme (and the rumours about it do mostly seem to involve a kind of upgraded GamePad as the controller), but it's Nintendo so you never know.

...Oh, right, this isn't the NX thread, is it.  Back to E3, I'm really interested to see what Zelda's going to be like, and who knows, even though I don't have a Wii U and never will then I might end up playing the game on an NX, so it's not even totally irrelevant.  But outside of that, Nintendo's lineup as announced does little for me unless they've got something secret lined up, or they announce an actual release date for Dragon Quest VII 3D.  But I don't buy that they're holding all that much back, or else they might as well have just done their digital event anyway; this is also the reason why we won't be seeing a new Nintendo Direct for quite a while after E3 either.  It's terribly dull, and somewhat dispiriting that they don't seem to think they can compete with the E3 presentations of Sony and Microsoft this year, but I understand that Nintendo's position is a bit unusual at the moment.

Also:

22 hours ago, JezMM said:

I wish they'd be clear on if we'll get a trailer at the start of the stream.  That's all I want to see really, I don't want to see extended bouts of gameplay since I find it hard to immerse myself in a game where during the first hour or so I'm like "Oh there's that thing from E3, oh yeah I already know what to do here".  I'd like it to be as fresh as possible.

After learning that Nintendo spoiled the sand sea, the best and most creative part of Skyward Sword, ahead of the game's launch, I don't trust them anymore regarding this sort of thing.  Thankfully I experienced said part of the game firsthand when I played.

So honestly, I'm so hyped for the new Zelda that I may skip the entire thing.  There's no way I won't hear tidbits unless I leave the internet for half a year, but I'm mentally preparing myself for that.

Marketing in the past few years for all forms of media seems to have become increasingly spoiler-based.  Full preview editions of books are given away to members of the public months in advance of their final publication; films have all the best bits in the trailer; streams and magazine spreads do their best to show you the entirety of a game before you could ever get your hands on it.  I find this way of doing business lamentable.  Fortunately, I'm not interested in watching streams for hours on end either...

The NX is not gonna be Wii-related in branding, Kimishima pretty much confirmed it'd be its own thing and he thought the Wii U brand was an incredibly stupid idea to begin with. Beyond that, however, we have no clue.

now that it is almost here; i am feeling glad that so little of the game was previously shown.  even the one gameplay demo i can remember that showed scouting in the mountain landscape was really astonishing and close to unbelievable that it was able to be made to work that way.  Along with the sequencing of the game not being set hopefully still being true; there is a lot to anticipate actually getting to see what they created this time.  :):o

3 hours ago, KHCast said:

I wonder what those black towers with blue markings are.

Probably akin to the Bird Statues in Skyward Sword or the Twilight Portals in Twilight Princess

Warp points basically.

Quite possibly, but to me they look a bit big to be just warp points.  Well, they've been increasingly prominent, so I'm sure we'll find out soon.