Awoo.

Sony @ E3 2016 "Fasten Seatbelts, We're Gonna Crash"

Badnik Mechanic

e3-2014-playstation.jpg

Welcome to the official SSMB Sony @ E3 2013 topic.

Before we begin the E3 party thread, a few notes.

When: 2AM (GMT) June 13/14 (See this sheet for your timezone)

How: Check the PS Blog on the day for Live Stream Link

If the PS Blog doesn't work, it' the sony conference... IGN, YouTube + any other site will likely have some form of live stream going on.

What We Want

PSN 2.0.

Demons Souls Remastered.

Something that hasn't already been leaked.

PS4 Spiderman

Horizon Zero Dawn

God of War 4

Games Released in 2016.

crashcoolyosqx.png

What We'll Get.

Neo 

VR! 

Last Guardian 

Delayed to 2017

... .... You know actually probably a lot of good stuff given what's happening at the house of Playstation lately.

So how you gonna view it?

PS Blog always has it posted: Check here on the day: https://blog.eu.playstation.com/

IGN's Main E3 Hub is here: http://uk.ign.com/events/e3

GameSpot's E3 Hub is here: http://www.gamespot.com/e3/

Should I Believe? 

FlawlessEasygoingApatosaur.gif

Always Believe!

• Thumbs Up 3

Just gonna post that Motobug will be streaming the conference...Actually you should probably consider attending it regardless if you want to talk in the chat or not mainly for the fact Sony's livestreams tend to be rather buggy.

I want Crash, but I also need something else, because if Crash is revealed I'll die, and I'll need another awesome reveal to resurrect. Like The Last of Us 2.

If we don't see Crash I will go N. Sane.

If we see Crash, I will go N. Sane.

• Thumbs Up 5

Sony: "watch out you're gonna crash ah!"

My hopes:

Ratchet & Clank (Likely, given the success of the remake)

PS All-Stars Definite Edition/PS All-Stars 2 (Unlikely, but fuck it i always hope for this and it ain't an exception here)

Jak 4 (See above)

Sly 5 (See above)

Spider-Man PS4 (Rumored)

Telltale's Batman (Possible, considering WB's relationship with Sony when it came to Arkham Knight)

The Last of Us 2 (I refuse to believe Naughty Dog aren't up to something)

Shenmue 3 (Makes sense that Sony would show it off now that it's funded)

CRASH FUCKING BANDICOOT, COME ON SONY PLS

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it's too soon for them to announce a new Ratchet and Clank game especially since the last game came out two months ago. As for Naughty Dog I expect nothing more than a teaser for their latest game.

I'm not super excited for Sony this year. I'm not really into Crash. Sony Bend seems to be working on a Horror game, which isn't really my thing (I can be convinced otherwise, of course). VR is boring. Neo will probably be the PS4 I buy, but with the information leaking,, it's not really exciting to me,. And I'm not sure what anyone else can have. I guess Sucker Punch can be pretty far along. But after playing the (worse) Sly sequels and the not so good first Infamous, I'm not sure I'm all too excited about that.

I'm excited for Last Guardian and Horizon. Of course,, Sony can surprise me this year. Though, I doubt they can surpass last year with insane announcements.

Think we'll get info on that Uncharted DLC? I'll have to re-rent the game, of course, but I've been curious as to what it is.

1 minute ago, Gambling Idol Luka said:

Think we'll get info on that Uncharted DLC? I'll have to re-rent the game, of course, but I've been curious as to what it is.

I hope not. I haven't played it yet and don't want any spoilers.

1 minute ago, Marcello said:

I hope not. I haven't played it yet and don't want any spoilers.

The DLC is unlikely to have anything to do with the full story. People speculate it's gonna be like Left Behind.

6 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Wonder if we'll get news on the Sly Coope movie.

After how the Ratchet movie did, and how divided people was over the redesigns and lack of Kevin Miller as the voice of Sly, I think it's cancelled. Now fair enough, I did post a month ago about news I managed to track down in the UK Playstation Magazine, but now that Ratchet's out, it wouldn't surprise me if Sony decided to cut their losses, and maybe just remake the original Sly game.

8 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

After how the Ratchet movie did, and how divided people was over the redesigns and lack of Kevin Miller as the voice of Sly, I think it's cancelled. Now fair enough, I did post a month ago about news I managed to track down in the UK Playstation Magazine, but now that Ratchet's out, it wouldn't surprise me if Sony decided to cut their losses, and maybe just remake the original Sly game.

Surely all they'd need to do is produce a more true-to-the-games Murray and re-record Sly with the original voice actor? Also, you know, market the damn thing better.

It could be big, but you've gotta know how to get people excited for it, and maybe release it when there aren't any other big movies of any kind coming out.

Just now, Patticus said:

Surely all they'd need to do is produce a more true-to-the-games Murray and re-record Sly with the original voice actor? Also, you know, market the damn thing better.

It could be big, but you've gotta know how to get people excited for it, and maybe release it when there aren't any other big movies of any kind coming out.

Those weren't the reasons I meant though. You have to keep in mind the Ratchet movie underperformed quite a bit compared to Sony's expectations, where they were expecting a opening weekend of 10-12 Million, the entire film only managed about 4-5 million in it's entire run.

Forget Crash, where's my Ape Escape 4!?

Monkey_yellow.png

• Thumbs Up 2

In my deepest, hypest desires I want Kojima to walk out on stage, take a long drink out of his Konami Tears mug, reveal his new game, then drop the mic, but it's really a little too soon. 

• Thumbs Up 2

51 minutes ago, Destructo-Dude said:

Forget Crash, where's my Ape Escape 4!?

Monkey_yellow.png

I would screaming through my childhood if either of these did get revealed... Now, if both go revealed...

• Thumbs Up 2

Crash Bandicoot pops his head up on the screen.
Fans go wild!
The camera pulls out to reveal him on a kart.
Fans continue going wild!
Playstation All-Stars Karting Royale gets announced.
Tumbleweed blows by as stunned silence fills the room.

Would that be the greatest tease of all?

Yeah, maybe we finally get a new Crash game. It's something I'd like as much as anyone. But I can't help - just like Nintendo - that Sony are content to just let some of their famous mascots just sit it out with a few cameos and that's it.

• Thumbs Up 1

So... anyone else get the feeling that Sucker Punch might be making a new Sly game?

Verified Gaf insider, Verendus, said Sly 5 was in development two years ago, the same year Sedond Son was released. A year ago he confirmed it was still in development.

Sucker Punch posted a job listing for a designer for third  person meelee combat. (Not that they've had any non third person games.)

Sanzaru have said they are not currently making a game for Sony.

I mean, I have my doubts that Sucker Punch would come back to Sly after all this time but I have no idea who else would do it if it's not Sanzaru.