Awoo.

Regarding Sonic 06 Representation

Preston

Is it possible that Sega is going to reintroduce elements from Sonic 06 as though they are brand new? Let's say that...

The leaks are true and that...

Silver and Crisis City are in the game.

Since Elise blew out the candle and undid the events of Sonic 06, Silver would be meeting Sonic for the first time in Generations. That means Silver would be introduced as a new character in a similar fashion as Team Chaotix were in Sonic Heroes. And who knows, maybe that...

While we are talking about the leaks...

There is possibly a plot-related reason why Crisis City is in the game. Maybe the mysterious new foe caused this Crisis City to exist in Generations instead of Iblis.

Perhaps this is Sega's way of redeeming some of the elements that didn't work for Sonic 06 but can work in Generations. In a way, they are not directly representing Sonic 06 as much as they are taking elements from that game and making them brand new. Am I in the right ballpark here?

I'm very happy Crisis city made it in it was one of the two stages i wanted for this game(I think you can guess the other :D ) If they can have the story element make sense This time I'll be a happy duck! I'll be even happier if the DLC has KV! :rolleyes:

Actually technically speaking, Silver should know Sonic, as his first encounter (besides the erased Sonic 06) was Sonic Rivals (and don't say it wasn't canon, cos there is no source that I know of that says it ain't).

I tried to tell everyone this before my connection timed out, but be sure to put spoiler tags around things regarding the leaks. It would be appreciated.

I know I'm going to get flak. I know people will think I'm being an unreasonable narcissist, but I have to speak my mind on this. You see, I really, really, REALLY hated Sonic 06. It is my personal anti-game, summoned from some dark dimension to spread misery and traumatize anyone who dares to face it. To use an analogy I already used in a different topic, it's like throwing a birthday party and inviting the guy who pissed in the drinks and tried to rape you the year before. Maybe he's reformed, maybe he even wrote a formal apology and truly regrets what he did. He promises to be a lot nicer, and you can even tell that he's serious. But do you still really want to invite him and remind everyone of the year before?

Now, will I throw a hissy-fit if a stage from Sonic 06 is included? No, but I don't think there was any stage in there that was all that memorable to begin with. Not even Crisis City, with its terrible snowboarding and 'run away from tornado' sections. (That, and while I don't mind realistically-styled Sonic stages, an apocalyptic city filled with demons is going a bit too far) I just think there's a TON of other stages from different games that would be far more interesting to see. Now before anyone tells me that this supposed leak might have confirmed something: I do not want to know anything detailed in this leak. As soon as I see someone mentioning it, I scroll down real fast, catching maybe one or two words at best. I plan to keep it this way. I learned my lesson with Sonic Colors, I am trying to keep myself in the dark as far as stages go.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I expect that Generations will be having too much fun with character interactions and stuff to sweat '06's (or any other game's) continuity issues too much. '06 is kind of old news now, honestly; it was pretty wretched, but it's far enough in the past that reintroducing some of its less controversial elements shouldn't cause much of a backlash. I mean, it's not like every stage's title card mentions the name of the game that the level's from; a lot of more casual fans might not even recognize the source of an '06 level, especially since they tend to have pretty generic themes.

...well, except for Crisis City. Still, I don't expect the destroyed-future paradox to be brought up much. Maybe a line or two about how Sonic either doesn't remember what the deal is with this place or how he kinda does, but no huge infodumps that need to explain '06's entire plot. There's a sucky future, it's on fire, Silver's there. That's about it.

I find it ironic that Sonic is trying to save a world he once tried to prevent from happening.

If they included it, I doubt they'd really take the continuity into account. I'd be all for Crisis City being in there if only for variety, but for once, I really couldn't give a shit how they'd justify it storywise. Sure, there's a plot in this game, but it only looks the kind of the overarching plot you see in those clip show episodes in sitcoms. Still, I'm not basing that on anything yet- we'll see how seriously they take it.

I know I'm going to get flak. I know people will think I'm being an unreasonable narcissist, but I have to speak my mind on this. You see, I really, really, REALLY hated Sonic 06. It is my personal anti-game, summoned from some dark dimension to spread misery and traumatize anyone who dares to face it. To use an analogy I already used in a different topic, it's like throwing a birthday party and inviting the guy who pissed in the drinks and tried to rape you the year before. Maybe he's reformed, maybe he even wrote a formal apology and truly regrets what he did. He promises to be a lot nicer, and you can even tell that he's serious. But do you still really want to invite him and remind everyone of the year before?

^ That is definitely something I absolutely, 100% do not want to see. I'll suck it up if a Sonic 06 stage is included, but let's just ignore that horrendous plot, shall we? The only good thing I can say about Sonic 06's story is that it erases itself from existence.

• Thumbs Up 1

As I avoid reading the spoiler tags, I am very happy to see that 06 will be making and appearance in this game.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm really glad '06 made it into this. Don't get me wrong, I loathe that game, but under the horrible story and characters and absolutely game-destroying glitches there was a tonne of potential, and the level they appear to have picked is one of the ones which, if the game had played well and not been swimming in glitches, would have been most memorable.

I don't really care about continuity or whatever, I definitely want to see all the great set pieces from the stage,

all the Iblis fire monster things, the tornado (with boost and no auto-run this could be really cool), the half-pipes...

Edited by DistantJ

I'm really glad '06 made it into this. Don't get me wrong, I loathe that game, but under the horrible story and characters and absolutely game-destroying glitches there was a tonne of potential, and the level they appear to have picked is one of the ones which, if the game had played well and not been swimming in glitches, would have been most memorable.

I don't really care about continuity or whatever, I definitely want to see all the great set pieces from the stage,

all the Iblis fire monster things, the tornado (with boost and no auto-run this could be really cool), the half-pipes...

Silver was also a kinda cool idea. I'd say his gameplay was both the best and worst thing about '06, because while his story is, in my opinion, the most playable, and his telekinesis powers rock, I believe that the physics engines implemented for this purpose may have been the very thing that glitched the traditional physics-defying Sonic gameplay up. I mean think about it, the Sonic engine saying Sonic should be running on a ceiling at 300mph, the physics engine saying 'there's no way that should be happening', well, it's a theory... But anyway,

it'll be cool to see Silver again in a game which takes itself a little (okay, a LOT) less seriously.

Well, the thing is eating time and space, it is a possibility that Sonic didn't go into his future but another dimension in which Crisis City and the Ifrit still exist, and Silver is still trying to kill him to save his future.

Kinda goes with that theory where there's supposed to be a dimension for every decision that we could have made but chose another, so it could be a dimension in which Silver refused to return to the past with Mephiles, or it could even take place before Silver even met him.

Well, the thing is eating time and space, it is a possibility that Sonic didn't go into his future but another dimension in which Crisis City and the Ifrit still exist, and Silver is still trying to kill him to save his future.

Kinda goes with that theory where there's supposed to be a dimension for every decision that we could have made but chose another, so it could be a dimension in which Silver refused to return to the past with Mephiles, or it could even take place before Silver even met him.

I'm thinking more on the lines of the dragon ball z, where silver lives in alternate future, he went to the past change the future but not is future because you can't undo what happen in is time line.That way iblis and mephiles still exist. At least thats my opinion.

Edited by redhellc

I'm thinking more on the lines of the dragon ball z, where silver lives in alternate future, he went to the past change the future but not is future because you can't undo what happen in is time line.That way iblis and mephiles still exist. At least thats my opinion.