Awoo.

Sonic Generations for PC!?!? Official

Woun

I would need a super computer to run that... XD Still, nice to see the PC gamers will get to play it too.

I guess I was wrong about it being the Wii U(Project Cafe) and i'm really happy I was!

Also, wasn't the titles to be released in this fiscal year? Café is already said to not launch until next fiscal year.

I'll be sure to try this out if Steam comes out with a demo. Even if it's for the PC, I'm still skeptical about buying it due to only being interested in half of the game.

I know I probably shouldn't bring up the abomination that is Sonic '06, but didn't the PS3 version get released in 2007? It's still entirely possible we'll still see a Wii U port at this point.

The PS3 version of Sonic '06 came out in 2006 in the U.S. It came out in 2007 here in Europe because the PS3 wasn't launched here until then. Also, I'm pretty sure SEGA already said there won't be a Wii U version in an interview.

EDIT:

Yep, here's the comment from SEGA's Alan Pritchard.

http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2011/06/13/no-sonic-generations-for-wii-u-sega-knows-launch-date/

The PS3 version of Sonic '06 came out in 2006 in the U.S. It came out in 2007 here in Europe because the PS3 didn't release here until then. Also, I'm pretty sure SEGA already said there won't be a Wii U version in an interview.

EDIT:

Yep, here's the comment from SEGA's Alan Pritchard.

http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2011/06/13/no-sonic-generations-for-wii-u-sega-knows-launch-date/

I beleive we were also told that were no versions other than the ones for the HD consoles, at one point.

I'm not saying I think we'll actually get a Wii U port, I'm just trying to keep an open mind about the possibility of one existing.

“Generations releases this November, and the Wii U is coming out next spring/summer,” he explained. “But that won't stop us from porting Generations to the Wii U! Nope, nothing at all, because we want Nintendo fans to enjoy the console version of Sonic Generations too!”

Well that's good to hear.

e7ea4f656585df5c6022dc765aa25f3b247603f4_full.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

... Damn it. Just when I started to pay for a PS3, this pops up. xD

Well that's good to hear.

e7ea4f656585df5c6022dc765aa25f3b247603f4_full.jpg

I don't think I like that mocking attitude of yours, Preston. You know damn well what I meant.

They said earlier that there were no versions other than the ones for 360 and PS3, and yet then it turned out there was a 3DS version. And now, there's a PC version too.

Sonic Adventure 2 got ported to the Gamecube (along with Adventure 1 some time later, I might add). There's nothing to stop them bringing it across to an HD Nintendo platform when the time is right, and clearly they're playing this one close to their chest.

As I said before, I don't think they ARE doing it, I just think they could, and it's likely. What, you're gonna beleive every PR guy who tells you something? Sonic 4 ring a bell? THAT sure turned out like they promised it would.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Well...makes me think of getting the PC version instead, if it does indeed have superior graphics and the like.

Ooooooh the excitement!

I don't think I like that mocking attitude of yours, Preston. You know damn well what I meant.

I... wasn't mocking you. I was mocking myself.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 1

In my opinion i see its a great thing to add a Sonic game to the PC liberary once more. But i believe its too early at this stage, i mean SEGA just found a working formula at the console market for the franchise, they're still fixing it. I'm not saying its a bad thing either, who knows maybe the PC version ends up being the greatest of all ports. SEGA should really focus on the console version instead of porting it to other devices, look how Sonic Colours ended up, because it was a Wii only game, DS version was made by DIMPS which also making the 3DS version of SonicG which gives the console team the much needed time and people to be working on the project. But no, SEGA really had to go to the PC market with this project, which i don't understand why? Really guys i'm not saying its a bad thing, all i'm saying its too damn early at this point.

There's a plenty of time believe me.

I... wasn't mocking you. I was mocking myself.

How was that even remotely mocking yourself? That was clearly aimed at the people saying that Generations WOULD be ported.

And why'd I get negrepped for saying that? The hell did I say?

How was that even remotely mocking yourself? That was clearly aimed at the people saying that Generations WOULD be ported.

You. But. I. That. No. What?

Then who the hell was I meant to be arguing with?!

Apologies, Preston.

Edited by ProfessorZolo

Woohoo! I hope the PC version is true! It's about time there is a new Sonic PC port.

But yeah. PC.

Anyone really thinks it'll help us mod things? I really doubt it.

Edited by Tatsumaki

Not sure how long is has been on there, but GAME has Sonic Generations for the PC listed on their website for £17.99 ?!

• Thumbs Up 4

Not sure how long is has been on there, but GAME has Sonic Generations for the PC listed on their website for £17.99 ?!