Awoo.

Best Voice Actor for C Eggman/Robotnik

Tailikku

I was half-joking, but I can't really think of someone, who hasn't played Robotnik, that could play him.

I'm sure it's Mike Pollock again. That voice suits to him and they used that voice already twice.^^

I love Pollock, but he hasn't done Classic, which is what this thread was about.

I love Pollock, but he hasn't done Classic, which is what this thread was about.

Dr. Robotnik just can have 1 Voice actually. He is the same person as the Modern. So the Modern doesnt suit to the Classic and the Classic doesn't suit to the Modern.

So it seems like a vicious circle. :P

Edited by Ovi Kintobor 244

Anyone notice how all of the VA's for Eggman have been awesome is some way, unlike the rest of the cast? Also most of his VA's seem to kick the bucket...Coincidence?

Honestly, I would want Classic to just be played by Mike Pollock. There isn't as much of a differnce in look between them as the two Sonics. Not to mention both Classic and Modern Eggman are adults so there really wouldn't be too much of a voice change needed.

Honestly, I would want Classic to just be played by Mike Pollock. There isn't as much of a difference in look between them as the two Sonics. Not to mention both Classic and Modern Eggman are adults so there really wouldn't be too much of a voice change needed.

Can't agree. Sonic's mainly changed length, eye colour and shoes. Some might say blue colour but that changes between games.

Robutnik.jpg

Modern Robotnik changed...

• New Very-very-very Different jacket
  • New Boots with a whole lot new features
  • Reversed Moustache (In that it goes upward now)
  • Less round more egg-shaped
  • Longer legs
  • No cape
  • Carries around those goggles everywhere

And that's not even touching the 2006 design, which I sort-of liked. :P

Sure, his colours scheme is largely the same, but so is Sonic's.

Edited by Tobbii
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bah, specifics, specifics. Still think he should be voiced by Pollock anyway.

Bah, specifics, specifics. Still think he should be voiced by Pollock anyway.

Yeah, I would'nt mind that either.

What exactly makes you think that the classic characters will even have voices, they might just pull of a Mario, and make them never actually talk...

Not that argument again. This is a hypothetical discussion. If you don't like them, kindly leave.

The original Robotnik and the current Eggman have alot in common. Most importantly, however, they're both buffoons blessed with extraordinary genius. They need to sound eccentric! Energetic! They need to sound off their rocker! But they also need to be able to be taken seriously. I love Deem Bristow's Eggman. I really do! It fit that Eggman perfectly. SA1 and 2 Eggman was a no-nonsense conqueror.

The Eggman we have now, though? He's silly. Just as silly as Classic Robotnik was portrayed to be in official artworks. Edwin Neal pulled that off perfectly. Mike Pollock could do the same for C.Robotnik as he does for M.Eggman. Now, unless they remove the silliness of C.Robotnik's character, I can't think of anyone else who's played Robotnik that could do a good job. But really, with a big goofy grin like that, I doubt they're going to do such a thing.

Noone else can do it. 'Cept maybe Mark Hamill.

Edited by Aerosol