Awoo.

Is there any good Sonic RPG fan-game?

RDNexus

^We’re the caps really necessary?

I thought Chronicles was ok.

Though I would like to see another attempt at an Sonic RPG.

I don't think the mechanics really have to be all that revolutionary, something like the Square's Active Time Battle system to personalize character turn order would satisfy me just fine; say exceptionally swift characters like Sonic, Shadow, etc. get an extra turn in over more traditional characters. Then get some decent plotting and character writing in there.

and now I'm going to be thinking of hypothetical character stats for longer than is cute, haha.

Chronicles sort of lost me with it's temperamental dialog trees, graphical presentation, and it just didn't feel like I was playing a game, but rather going through the motions.

On 11/16/2015 at 12:10 AM, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

When my sisters and I were younger, we loved Chaotix of Tomorrow....

Oh ho, You've peaked my interest!

I love how the character bios feel slightly antiquated. Knuckles was positioned as the head of the team in Archie for longer than they make it sound, and it's obvious that Sonic X was still airing at the time these were written.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Eomercin said:

NO! HELL NO!

We don't allow one-word posts and this is essentially no better. Include at least some details or explanation or don't bother posting.

On 10/3/2018 at 7:45 PM, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

We don't allow one-word posts and this is essentially no better. Include at least some details or explanation or don't bother posting.

Most of them are generic RPG's with sonic in it, they're all crappy and have no-sense storys, like the random adition of characters like, what's the universe they're aming to? Main? Archie? Sonic the Comic? Underground? and if isn't any of that, then it's a bad Sonic.exe game, or a game with crappy oc's.

Someone on Sonic Retro was developing a game called Sonic and the Rings of Order that had a very Earthbound vibe to it. Not sure how it would have turned out as it was partially based off the author's web comic, but it was looking visually good for the most part. Sadly, the post hasn't been updated for quite awhile.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

On the previous page, I mentioned Chaotix of Tomorrow and Twisted Mettle. Well, the creator has made a third installment, Forces of Mobius. I've been playing it and having a lot of fun. The story is quite engaging (though it's not perfect, the dialogue for some of the characters is a bit duller than it should be) and it feels a lot more challenging than the previous games. Unfortunately the boss battles I've had so far (though I'm not that far in the game) have been rather dull and it does get tedious sometimes, but overall I'm really enjoying myself. I only discovered it yesterday and have played it for quite a few hours. It takes place in the same continuity as the previous entries, so again we have a mix of elements from the games, SatAM, Archie, and Fleetway. I guess it really scratches a certain itch for me.

On 11/15/2019 at 11:21 PM, RedG said:

Looks interesting. Maybe I should check that out sometime.

• Thumbs Up 1