Awoo.

Does anyone care about this game?

Badnik Mechanic

The only thing I want from this game is the OST.

I love Zero Gravity's OST espcially Un-gravitify, and I'm liking the sound of the main theme of Free Riders.

That about caps my exitement for this game.

Funny how this is probably one of the best games to come out on Kinect.

I'd get Free Riders if I had the money for Kinect. Until then, the only new Sonic game I'm getting is Sonic 4.

I'd definitely get this game if I could afford a 360 and the Kinect. The only thing that would hold me back in that case is that regardless of my love for the Riders games, there doesn't seem to be anything extremely exciting beside the fact it uses Kinect. I could imagine if they put in a few characters that hadn't appeared in the Riders games before this game would attract more attention, especially if they brought back an obscure character like Fang, Bark or Bean. I wouldn't be surprised if NiGHTS helped boost sales of the first Riders if even a little bit. Same goes with Ryo Hazuki and ASR.

I would be really excited for this game but it for Kinect which means I'm not getting it.

For $200 i could buy another Wii and i already have 2.

Also I have no room for Kinect and Move.

Anyway the game look really fun and I think it will have a story mode but Sega just isn't giving us details yet.

I really hope they port this to the Wii later.

I think I'm pretty much in the same boat as most everyone else. I would maybe care about this game if it weren't on Kinect, which I won't ever buy until the price goes way down. I'm not a huge fan of the Riders games to begin with (I kind of liked the first one, but I didn't have much fun at all with ZG), but compared to the first two this actually does look pretty good. I just wish they weren't making this exclusively for Kinect.

After Zero Gravity, I have very little desire for another Riders game. Then there's the fact that I lack a 360 and have no interest in Kinect's controller free gameplay. This is possibly the least interested I've been in a Sonic title. Even less than the original Sega Superstars for the EyeToy.

Oh well. If I want to play a fun Sonic racing game, I always have Sega All-Stars Racing to turn to.

Wow, forgot that game (Superstars) even existed. I do remember before I knew much about games other than my love of Sonic. Saw it in a store: "Wow Sonic!" (looks at back) "Looks boring" .

Yeah, the bad taste Zero Gravity left with me combined with the crap that is the Kinect makes me UNexited.

Edited by Superstarsmasher

I know I don't. I never really cared about the Rider's series to begin with, and to top it off it's for an accessory I don't care about on a system I don't care about. So really, I have no reason to care about this game. At all.

This game had so much potential. :unsure:

I wonder If they'll think of something to fix the gameplay primarily.

Edited by Aries

I'm gonna be so strapped for cash between this, Colors (both versions), Sonic 4, AND the accompanying Sonic toys for this game.

My wallet is going to hate me so much.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now I have a 360 I care.

Yes, I'll be shelling out for kinect solely for Free Riders, but to be honest, I love the Riders series that much.

And yes, I'll be swearing if it turns out to be bad. D: D: Fingers crossed.

Not at the moment, I can't really rule out buying the game totally, but the problem is at present it's probably the only game I would play on Kinect, which just isn't enough justification for getting the kit. More kinect games/cheaper Kinect in the future, then yes, perhaps.

You can't justify spending $200 on a peripheral, on top of the cost of the game, just to play a relatively "decent" Sonic Spinoff title, let alone any decent "games" it will offer.

This is on top of the game looking dumbed down in the course design department to deal with the new control style. There is no chance of a port because of this. The game is nothing special without the new control style.

It would be the same for the Move if it was a Sonic spinoff title just for that. For the price of a lot of other stuff, you could actually buy some good games instead of iffy spinoffs.

Edited by Tiller

I would love to play this, but the fact of the matter is that i'd only ever buy Kinect purely for this game, exactly the same as i did for Sonic and the Secret Rings on Wii, it's just far too much.

If it was a controller based game, i'd be getting psyched up for it.

I'll just have to watch the story unfold on youtube...

I think it looks like a pretty cool game and would be fun to control - in fact it's the only Kinect game which interests me. But I don't have an Xbox and I'm not about to buy one AND a Kinect camera just for one game, even if it's Sonic.

• 4 weeks later...

Y'know the only reason I'm Interested in this game is because I wan't to hear the new voices for the other character's.

I imagine it's the same with most people.

Once I get Kinect (which won't be at Launch, it'll be when and if Microsoft proves to me that it's worth it) this will be the first game I get for it. It looks to be the best launch title by far.

Just made my pre-order for Kinect at HMV with a £10 deposit. Might order Free Riders online, since there are much cheaper prices about than the £39.99 RRP that they'll likely charge in-store. Cheapest I've found at the moment is ShopTo.net, who have dropped their price from £44.85 to £31.85, but for some reason they list the release date as 12th November :huh:

http://www.shopto.net/XBOX%20360/VIDEO%20GAMES/XB2KI10-Kinect%20Sonic%20Free%20Riders.html

Next cheapest is Gameplay at £32.99

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/xbox-360/sonic-free-riders/_/XT1851/productpage.html

Yeah! Shadz is the only one of my XBOX friends who I know will be getting the game, aka I finally know somebody that I can play online with! B)

No holding hands though.

Yeah! Shadz is the only one of my XBOX friends who I know will be getting the game, aka I finally know somebody that I can play online with! B)

No holding hands though.

But holding hands is half the experience. D8

In fact I am going to make a request for SOS 2011 about this right now!

No holding hands though.

Will gladly play with you and yes, no hands :lol:

Will be trying the hand holding co-op with my wife though. Should be a good laugh :lol:

But holding hands is half the experience. D8

In fact I am going to make a request for SOS 2011 about this right now!

That'd be hilarious at SoS. Sonic Free Riders Tournament, WITH HAND HOLDING :lol:

Will gladly play with you and yes, no hands :lol:

Will be trying the hand holding co-op with my wife though. Should be a good laugh :lol:

Ha! Excellent!

Yeah, couples mode really excites the ladies. My girlfriend loves Samba de Amigo's Love Love couples mode. And she doesn't even play video games!

No holding hands though.

You could have asked me bro XD