Awoo.

Any Movie, TV Show, or Book scenes that made you cry?

S0NIC-Keyblade 007

So many to count.

Beast Wars:

at the end of the episode "Code of Hero," where Dinobot had just finished his biggest, final, and most noble battle of his life. Seeing all his Maximal friends surrounding Dinobot as he died and the music to accompany it made me bawl like a baby. The funeral at the end was just so well-done.

Lion King:

Mufasa's death and Simba's desperate cries for help. I still remember it when I first watched it. My eyes welled up in tears.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs:

The scene of the "dead" Snow White on the beds and the organ music playing in the background. I literally can't watch it without breaking down. One of the best scenes in 2D animation history.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (book):

The sudden death of George Weasley and the narrative that describes it.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (book and movie):

Harry Potter's realization of Dumbledore's death and the well-done funeral at the end of the book.

The Golden Girls:

The special episode that featured the funeral of Sophia's cross-dressing son, Phil. Rose analogized a St. Olaf story with Sophia's situation: Sophia had a feud with Phil's widow because her check bounced from a long time ago. Sophia broke down and said (during the sad music), "My baby is gone."

Sonic Adventure 2:

The very beginning of the end credits when Sonic returned to the ARK...alone, and Rouge said fearfully, "Where is Shadow?" Sonic's sad shake of the head, the credit music, and Sonic handing off the cuff to Rouge were well-executed.

Digimon Tamers (dub):

The scene where the Digimon began to dedigivolve, and Janyuu explaining — with restraint — that the Digimon had to return to the Digital World or die. The reactions by all the characters, from Takato to Rika to Henry, were heart-wrenching and showed how much they loved their Digimon so much. Janyuu's cry of "I'm so sorry" added to the sadness in the scene. Made me cry the first time I watched it, and it still does to an extent.

There are more, but I can't think up of them now. Now excuse me, I need a tissue. *walks off bawling*

Edited by Dark Qiviut

Well since I'm having a giant Yugioh 5Ds flashback I remembered a scene that pretty much made me cry.

In spoilers even though no one cares. lol

When Carly dies the first time was rather sad and you can't help but feel bad for her. But it gets worst when she dies as a dark signer. She pretty much kills herself to save Jack. And she ended up dying in his arms. ;____; Its quite tragic if you ask me. lol

But she gets better. And it pretty much seems like when Shadow came back from the dead.

Well that's all that I could think about other than Toy Story 3. XD So back to my marathon. :P

Everybody cries at the end of The Iron Giant, and I am no exception.

Wait, was I supposed to cry at that? Damn, that and Toy Story 3, I'm getting heartless these days.

-Up

The montage of Carl and Ellie. It's so happy, but then it comes to a screeching halt when she has a miscarriage/cannot have a child, and again when she dies just as he's about to show the tickets to Paradise Falls, and then showing him as an old man, alone in their house. And all of this is done with no dialogue whatsoever.

OMG I found all of that sad too! I mean, before watching Up, I never found any of the Pixar movies sad (well, maybe Wall-E, but I didn't cry), but when I watched Up, O...M...G... I cried so much!

Also, some scenes in TV shows that made me cry:

Gurren Lagann - I still haven't watched the entire series yet, but damn,

Kamina's death

was sad as hell.

Kaze no Stigma - Episode 12 (I think it was Episode 12, if I remember right) had me in tears at the end.

Futurama - Jurassic Bark. Need I say more?

South Park -

The funeral scene in The Return of Chef, and Nelson's death in Stanley's Cup really got to me.

Movies:

Bleach: Memories of Nobody -

Senna's death.

Up - Read above.

The Lion King - Mufasa's death. (not marking this under spoiler because everyone has seen this movie)

Ghost - One of the first movies that made me cry. The ending was so sad!

The Fox and the Hound - Todd remembering all the fun he had with Copper when he was a kid. (again, not marking this under spoiler because everyone has seen this movie)

I know there were more, but I just can't remember them off the top of my head right now. Also, in case you are wondering, I haven't seen Toy Story 3 yet.

And also, since I've noticed a lot of people here are listing games as well, I guess I'll go ahead with Video games:

Metal Gear Solid -

Sniper Wolf's death, and Grey Fox's death. Psycho Mantis' monologue was sad too, but I didn't cry.

Metal Gear Solid 2 -

Emma's death, especially the part where Otacon is carrying her parrot, and it keeps saying, "I miss you" over and over, then Otacon falls to his knees and cries.

Metal Gear Solid 3 -

The Boss's death. When the game wants you to kill her, you keep thinking to yourself, "No, I can't do this..." But the game wants you to do it, and then you feel really sad because of it. Also, the scene where Big Boss salutes The Boss's grave is very sad too.

Metal Gear Solid 4 - The entire ending.

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile - The ending. I was only 9 or 10 when I first finished this game, and it was one of the first games that made me cry. (please note: I didn't get into the MGS series until I was 13 or 14.)

Brutal Legend -

Lars' death, and the scene where Ophelia jumps into the Sea of Black Tears and then the song Mr. Crowley starts playing.

Grim Fandango - The ending.

I know there are more, but I just can't remember any off the top of my head.

Edited by Crystal

Rewatched Chasing Amy again recently. Fuck that film made me cry like a little girl.

Kamina's death

was sad as hell.

That was pretty sad. I never thought something so painful would occur so EARLY in a series. And let me tell you, you're in for some more tears if you keep watching it.

Kamina's death

was sad as hell.

Ya that was sad, but just wait until episode 25. Now that was depressing as all hell.

Kittan's death

That was pretty sad. I never thought something so painful would occur so EARLY in a series. And let me tell you, you're in for some more tears if you keep watching it.

Well, I haven't had much time to watch the rest of the series. I'm usually busy with other stuff, plus, I'm almost done with Soul Eater. But I'll continue watching the rest of Gurren Lagann this week, I promise.

• 3 weeks later...

Grave of the Fireflies. I cried pretty much throughout the entire movie. One of the best animated films ever though, everyone should see it.

I can't even bring myself to watch Grave of the Fireflies for that exact reason! Its one of those Ghibli films i've been meaning to watch for such a long time but I don't want to put a film on knowing that i'm going to sob all the way through it because i'm a massive baby as it is :P

Erm, I aways seem to cry towards the end of Spirited Away when Haku remembers who he is and he and Chihiro are falling through the sky :( *sob*

Btw, i'm proud to say I held back the tears for Toy Story 3 even though I probably have more reason to cry at that than SA ha :lol:

Most of these have been mentioned but..

UP:

This movie was filled with emotional moments. First the montage of Carl and Ellie being married and the sudden death of Ellie. Second when Carl finally arrives and opens the book and the sad theme plays and finally when Carl gives Russel his "Ellie badge" by that I was trying to not cry, but couldnt help it

The Lion King:

I was a bit young there, and well...these movies are mostly targeted to children, but DANG! Mufasas death scene with Simba was too tragic for me, even now I would probably cry.

Toy Story 3:

Oh gosh no need to give details, by now everyone knows what I mean. I specially wanted to cry when they are about to get killed as they grab each others hand and decide they will die together.

Monsters Inc:

OH COME ON! If nobody even sniffed when Sully finally says goodbye to Boo...SHAME ON YOU! XD

Now to the emotional parts (aka didnt make me cry)

Fairy Tail:

This one is kind of new, but when Natsu and the gang go back to the guild after a quest and they see their guild destroyed and their friends beaten and with the opposing guild symbol over them...its a feeling of sadness and anger at the same time... Also when they kidnap Erza and take her to the Celestial Tower and her friends discover her dark and sad past.

How to Train Your Dragon:

When Toothless gets caught by the vikings and Hiccup tries to convince his dad

I'll avoid the ones that have been saying like millions of times already (Up,Futurama, Toy Story3, The Lion King, yadda yadda yadda but i assure you i cried...

-Clannad- (Haven't watched After Story yet, but still)

When Fuko vanish out of the other's memories and pretty much the entire episode of the drama play. Also the ova about Tomoyo was also very heartwarming, specially the ending (Her being my second fav female main chara after Nagisa sure helps). Also, I can no longer hear the dango song (Or eve worse: The piano instrumental version tht is Nagisa's Theme) without me unleashing tear waterfalls.

-Toradora-

From the Christmas episode foward, it was a sad scene after another where I wanted to just pretty much slam my head against the wall for one of them to say anything. Taiga and Ryujii's kiss was SO worth it....

-Metal Gear Solid 4-

th ending, in a quite ironic way. the fact it WASN'T a tragedy was the one that put me on tears. If Kojima would have stuck with the original ending (which was depressing) I would have just say "Totally expected"...

-Final Fantasy IX-

Too many to count. Highlights wou probably go to the ending an Zidane's heroic BSOD

-Kingdom Hearts II-

Sadly, this is one that no longer puts me sobby, but th first time I got to the ending, seeing sora and Riku finally getting back home after 3 games was so wonderful...

-Futurama- (wait didn't I said I was NOT gonna post it?)

I hear a lot of "Jurassic Bark" but no love for "The Luck of the Fry-ish"? The end at the grave was so touching.

More to come....

Also,

Not sure if it counts but, Toonami's Ending Transmission will always make me cry no matter what. Even if Latinoamerican Toonami ended WAYYYYY before USA's...I sill count that transssion as the farewell to part of my childhood...

"Bang"

Edited by Viku

Not sure if it counts but, Toonami's Ending Transmission will always make me cry no matter what. Even if Latinoamerican Toonami ended WAYYYYY before USA's...I sill count that transssion as the farewell to part of my childhood...

"Bang"

Never thought of it but... yeah. That always gets me teary-eyed. It felt like saying a final goodbye to both Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon. After that they kept getting worse and worse and all the things I remember from when I was younger are gone now.