Awoo.

No joke in April Fool's Day computer worm

Random Rhyme

Its just a matter of time until someone aims toward the Macs. You guys will be lured into a false sense of security with the Mac doesn't have viruses belief and get hit hard lol.

I heard a guy recently hacked the core code of a mac in 10 seconds.

Here it is. The big moment.

Uploading a vid I had waiting, deleting internet cache, running a scan at midnight. Firewalls on, I'm ready for the massacre.

Inb4 April Fools, inb4 inb4 called it.

Bring it on. I already countered the upside down forum, so I'm ready for anything. I hope it just rick rolls all of the computer infected to bring about a silly sort of "in your face" mentality that would scare people into actually paying attention to what they download. Of course, none of that would ever happen in this screwed up world.

Edited by Rauzaruke

It's 12:03 am where I live now.

So has anything serious happened to anyone as of now =P?

*watches clock tick*

Edit: Now it's 12:04 am

It's 12:03 am where I live now.

So has anything serious happened to anyone as of now =P?

*watches clock tick*

Edit: Now it's 12:04 am

My Ad-aware program is acting fugly. That's about it. But it's always done that with the current setup I have. Guess it's nothing to go by...yet.

Suddenly, Mac users everywhere are hit with a circuit-sizzling virus that completely blocks all electric flow into the mainframe, instead of the originally intended Windows users as many had feared.

As an added bonus, it also renders all material in the computer non-recyclable.

APPLE FUEL.

Edited by Jake

I do wonder if it'll happen at a specific time according to one of the American Time Zone. As opposed to every other time zone.

Prolly not gonna happen until later. Annoying thing is I completely forgot this morning and ended up leaving my router on after leaving for college! :lol: I think it'll be 'k though. I absolutely have to finish my media coursework so there's no way I'm staying off the computater today.

I have all my drivers updated, NoScript installed, I have Avira Antivirus (updated), I have the latest Windows updates (I think)...

Meh, I'm fine.

Yeah I have a bigass problem actually. SSMB mirrored all the pictures earlier and now its displaying everything in seizure colors. Darn that worm!!!

Edited by Carbo

Yeah I have a bigass problem actually. SSMB mirrored all the pictures earlier and now its displaying everything in seizure colors. Darn that worm!!!

Personally. I'm just partying hard.

Personally. I'm just partying hard.

Best. Virus. Ever.

Dammit, finally SSMB's carelessness pays off (;)). All the other forums don't get the awesome "WHOA IT'S A PARTY" virus. Sucks to be them!

Edited by SuperLink

The virus hasn't gotten my labtop. I disconnected the entire ethernet cable.

So... I'm going to be using my school's computers since they seem to be doing fine... But that means no MySpace or Youtube for me...

I disconnected the entire ethernet cable.

I'm loving the implication here that it's possible to only disconnect half, even a quarter of a cable.

My computer is fine~ well it is at the moment anyway. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it at all!

PS: WOWOWOW PSYCHEDELIC ACID TRIP FTW! @w@

Edited by Gabz Girl

No epic disaster on my end either. Also, all the Uni'd comps seem to be humming along fine as well.

The local news radio station (WTOP) is all over this story though. They said that nothing big has happened as of yet, but the treat probably won't end until later.

Why do I get the feeling this was all some well set up joke? All the PC's in my house are perfectly fine.

The fear of it being a rumour is enough to put a lot of fear into a lot people to encourage a bit of spread and drama. That's all it takes. =)

Pity though I'd like to have witnessed what it allegedly was capable of.

I think we've all learned today that the real viruses in our lives... are fear and panic.

And the ones that blow up your computer.