Awoo.

Death Star VS. Death Egg

Cortez

^^ we're still talking about the OG death egg dude

wonder if Eggy's mecha would do any damage if you shot it straight at the death star

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Patticus

• Glenn

• Indigo Rush

• Remy

It would probably be engaged by fighter craft and larger ships on its way in, then by the innumerable turrets studded on the Star's surface; some of which , if they scored a hit, would disable that mecha's electronic systems and leave it open for a pretty bad pummeling (or, you know, destruction).

I don't mean to like tear it up with the mech as operational, I mean as a projectile. Although I imagine if they don't have any hedgehog's it's probably do alright on approach anyway. Surely the mech could handle a few xwings.

It blows up the death egg when it falls, remember. :3

And besides if it was launched at a high speed, it would be a much harder target to hit.

And how about all thous reble ships it seemed to have a hard time with and they are bigger then the mecha.

Ya'll are forgetting, both's weaknesses are equal.

The Death Star is destroyed by anything hitting the reactor. Not just anything, but something with some weight behind it. However, this is it's only weakness.

The Death EGG is destroyed by having major damage done to it's hull by a giant robot, then having said robot possibly fall and destroy more of the ship. As for a reactor core, might not even have one, Eggman doesn't seem the kind to have ONE fatal point, more like several.

The Death Star has a large fleet for protection. Most of these are severely deadly, but are piloted by soldiers, of which they have a limited amount

The Death Egg is protected by several thousand smaller robots, who are possibly mass produced INSIDE the Death Egg, but less deadly.

I won't mention weapons because we don't have any idea of the Death Egg's, though it can reactivate a volcano by launching.

However, they seem pretty even.

I often wonder about how, in both Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sonic 3 & Knuckles, destroying the large mech-suited Dr. Robotnik destroys the Death Egg space station around it, too. Many of you are pointing to the "fall" of the suit's body causing the chain reaction of explosions in Sonic the Hedgehog 2 but that just doesn't fly for me. As a kid playing the games back in the 1990s, I always assumed Dr. Robotnik had direct control over the entire space station from within his mech-suit and that (kinda like the Borg in Star Trek or the Trade Federation's droid army in Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace, for two other examples) taking out the control took out everything else. Foolish design mistake to repeat for the sequel, Dr. Robotnik, but a good and logical way of explaining a gameplay mechanic of fighting a mech-suit rather than an entire space station.

What I never understood about the Death Egg is that the Sonic Jam art book says that the Egg Robo's in Sky Sanctuary are there as the ruins' ancient defense mechanism. I thought that the Death Egg released the Egg Robo's at the beginning of Sonic's/Tails' version of the level from the bottom half of it's spherical build?

And that's completely overlooking that their Robotical Versions of EGGMAN.

I won't mention weapons because we don't have any idea of the Death Egg's, though it can reactivate a volcano by launching.

And if the Death Star was made of rock, that 'move' might actually be of some use... ;)

And that's completely overlooking that their Robotical Versions of EGGMAN.

Makes you wonder if the ancient echidna's made effigies of the other figure in the tapestry/mosaic in the form of the Egg Robo's as the defense mechanism of Sky Sanctuary.

If you really think about it, this makes sense given that the tapestry/mosaic could be interpreted as depicting the Eggman-like figure PROTECTING the Master Emerald. Knuckles percieved the mural to be depicting this and it'd make sense that ancient Echidna's that thought along the same lines would create robots for defense with designs based on the figure in the mural and what they percieve it to be doing; Protecting and defending.

Edited by Verte

Make it the Death Egg from Battle with the Final Egg Blaster Eggman built for it and Eggman stands a chance. That thing was destroying clusters of stars.

If it's the one from Sonic 2 and 3 though... lol. A cave is MUCH MUCH MUCH smaller than a planet.

However, they seem pretty even.

If they're even, then the Death Egg wins by default for being smaller and therefore more economic, stealthier and a smaller target.