Awoo.

Sonic Movie 3's Live & Learn May Be Performed By Bentley Jones!

Shiny Gems

Posted (edited)

Sonic the Hedgehog 3's coming this December, and it's going to be heavily inspired by Sonic Adventure 2. So, it would be quite a shame if Live and Learn didn't show up in the movie in some way. The song did appear in the teaser trailer that premiered in February, so there's a very real possibility that it will. The odds have only gone up even higher with an interesting Twitter clip suggesting that Bentley Jones will be singing it!

Now, just to make things absolutely clear, there's not a whole lot to go on and there's definitely room for this to potentially be something else entirely. We got some brief footage of Jones doing some behind-the-scenes recording of the song, along with hashtags like "sonic3" and "sonicthehedgehog", but that's pretty much it. There technically hasn't been an official announcement of this being true, just a teaser. So, there's definitely room to argue otherwise here. Nevertheless, it's going to fuel a lot of fan speculation for a while.

That all said, this wouldn't be the first time Jones has sung for a Crush 40 song. While Jones is most known for Silver's theme in Sonic 06, Dreams of An Absolution, they also did a cover of Open Your Heart for the True Blue: The Best of Sonic the Hedgehog album in 2008. Jones has also done covers of Seven Rings In Hand and His World. So, this wouldn't be new territory for them at all.

However, what would make this a first is that this would be the first time the song isn't sung by Crush 40's Johnny Gioeli. In fact, despite its popularity, there hasn't been any official covers of the song yet! So, things may be about to change. We'll just have to wait and see if this is actually the case. In the meantime, check out Jones' teaser tweet about the matter:

Sonic News Tips Credit:
Shiny Gems
Original Post Content:
"It seems

@Bentley_Jones

will perform Live & Learn for Sonic the Hedgehog 3 movie! The singer posted a video with a recording process of the song’s cover. Additionally, the post features a #sonic3 tag "

This is so cool! I do know he did a version of Open Your Heart with Crush 40. I wonder how he will sound with this? Will he nail it? Either way, I have to say that this is exciting to hear as news! I can't wait for this full performance!

What do you all think?

View full story

Edited by Shiny Gems
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 2

AAAAAAAGGHHHH!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

I like Bentley Jones and all, but...why them and not Crush 40? It can't be a "star power" thing; far fewer people know Bentley Jones than Crush 40.

• Thumbs Up 6

Are they just assuming its for the movie because he tagged it? I mean, that could just be a publicity thing. Honestly it would make more sense of he was doing this cover for SonicxShadow than the movie.

Just seems like an odd choice.

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean that will be cool to hear Bentley Jones singing Live And Learn in Sonic movie 3. I mean it's not really an odd choice but it's pretty cool.

Good on Bentley Jones, still got few Sonic game songs down right few years back feel of a franchise produce these around him to come it can be overrated on Bentley singing Sonic 3 movie Live And Learn but kinda decent way it sounded must’ve been challenge tho that guy pull off a heart set get the song movie cover release with by it!

Holy hell! Let's go! Super deserved and hope this ends up true.

He's good! Can't wait to hear this version of Live And Learn in the movie! 

In fact, despite its popularity, there hasn't been any official covers of the song yet!

This is Hatsune Miku erasure.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh god, please don't. Live and Learn has to be performed by Crush40. I know one can't argue about taste, but Bentley Jones managed to ruin great Sonic songs with his, in my honest opinion, awful cover versions (Something I thought would not even be possible). This tweet doesn't suggest that it would be any different with Live and Learn.

• Thumbs Up 1

oh no. I still can't get over what he did to Diamond in the Sky some time ago. If Live and Learn is gonna be anything like that...man, that kills a lot of hype for me personally.

Posted (edited)

Look, I love Dreams of an Absolution. Absolute banger of a song and unironically my favorite thing to come out of Sonic '06. But it would be a travesty if he was the one covering Live and Learn for the movie. I don't think a lot of people could fill Johnny Gioeli's shoes, and I am dead certain Bentley Jones isn't one of those rare few.

Edited by Metal