Awoo.

Ian Flynn Confirms Working on Multiple Undisclosed Sonic Comic Projects, Gives Updates on Non-Sonic Work

nuckles87

• Sonic News

In a new Patreon post, Ian Flynn updated patrons on the multitude of projects, both personal and professional, that he's involved.  Among those updates comes one regarding some upcomng Sonic comic projects:

I have many a Sonic comic project in the works. Some of it Modern Sonic, some of it Classic Sonic. Some you could probably guess, others you'd never dream of. I hope you'll enjoy it when it all as it rolls out.

Flynn not only confirms multiple Sonic projects, he confirms projects for both the modern and classic versions of the cast, including stuff that will apparently be surprising.

Beyond the regularly monthly comic, we know that some sort of Knuckles project is coming. If I had to guess, that's one of the projects. Flynn gives no number of projects nor a timetable in the post.

On the personal project side of things, Flynn has confirmed that the Bumblekast is now effectively a part time job for him, complete with two thumbnail artists. So if you want to ask him a question, you should have plenty of opportunities to. Flynn also confirmed that his and Adam Bryce Thomas' original comic, Drogune, is trucking along, and he hopes it'll be released later this year.

Flynn also confirmed that:

• He's working on an artbook for a well-known video game franchise (and if I may interject, no, I doubt it's Sonic)
  • He's worked on four video game projects
  • He's got a lot of work coming out of Aether Studios
  • Anyone who's liked his other Archie work, like New Crusaders or Young Salem, will be happy this year.

That last one has my interest especially peaked. New Crusaders was pretty good.

The Patreon update is available for anyone to read, you can check out more details on everything, as well as a few things I left out, here.

Original Post Content:

View full story

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Some Modern Sonic, some Classic Sonic? Sonic X Shadow Generations comic?

• Promotion 2

• Boosted!

hopefully this doesnt affect the rate of how much sonic comics theres gonna be

Given the recent announcement of the "New Era of Shadow" promotion that Sega's doing, I wouldn't be surprised if Flynn is working on a Shadow-centric miniseries that'll be announced soon.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

10 hours ago, Lorekitten said:

Given the recent announcement of the "New Era of Shadow" promotion that Sega's doing, I wouldn't be surprised if Flynn is working on a Shadow-centric miniseries that'll be announced soon.

Indeed. I could see Ian working on a Shadow miniseries right now.

On 5/14/2024 at 9:22 AM, Lorekitten said:

That'd be so cool!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I for one am excited for the potential Knuckles project.  Hopefully it'll give him an antagonist/villian of his own to go up against finally in the IDW books.

Other than that it would be nice if SEGA would let Ian and IDW do A Saturday Morning Adventures series for Sonic like they have for Dungeons and Dragons and TMNT.  I'd read that in a heartbeat!