Awoo.

Should SEGA allow LEGO create official Sonic TV show/short films/theatrical movie?

StreetSonic2022

Since LEGO is killing it with creating new sets for Sonic, which mind you, that company is going strong with their original content such as Ninjago (that show is super popular) and also produced sets, shows and films for third-party licenses/franchises such as Star Wars, DC, Marvel, and even Scooby-Doo. So, here's a question for you guys: do you think LEGO should produce their own Sonic content such as a TV show or a short film, or even a theatrical movie?

I would like to see this in the future so LEGO can make their own twists and turns for the franchise, with SEGA's approval. I'm thinking a TV show on Netflix can suffice.

A Lego Sonic movie sounds great, if they keep the focus on Sonic and Friends saving the world from Eggman, without getting too bloated, like the Lego Batman Movie was by including characters from other properties. Something like Sonic’s story from Lego Dimensions sounds cool.

Throw in a bit of Lego/Sonic meta humour and I think it would be pretty good!

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

Lego Sonic movie or/and show could be really fun if done right.

Edited by DaddlerTheDalek
  • Thumbs Up 2

HECC yes. Given how well their recent advertisement went, I would be absolutely all for them doing more with the license.

49 minutes ago, MGA_Gamer said:

A Lego Sonic movie sounds great, if they keep the focus on Sonic and Friends saving the world from Eggman, without getting too bloated, like the Lego Batman Movie was by including characters from other properties.

I didn't think the crossover aspect of the movie made it too bloated, but different strokes for different folks. And while I do think it worked for Batman in the context of the Phantom Zone because the DC universe is already filled with lots of weird stuff, I don't think it would work quite as well for the Sonic universe as it currently stands.

I am kind of curious as to how deep the creatives would get to go down the rabbit hole of Sonic lore if this became a real thing. I'm not holding my breath for anything like the Knothole Freedom Fighters or anything (although a Lego Antoine figure would be great), but even if you stick to just what's currently considered canon, there's a lot of different characters to work with.

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, MGA_Gamer said:

Throw in a bit of Lego/Sonic meta humour and I think it would be pretty good!

Yes, that's one thing they need to do: put in the LEGO humor. Imagine the possibilities with Eggman's robots and machinery for Sonic and friends to smash.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

I could see one of those direct to video movies sometime. LEGO enjoys licensing Sonic out, seems like a good marketing move.

• Thumbs Up 4