Awoo.

Dr. Robotnik's Ring Racers Help Topic

niaco

Hey all! Not sure what tags/section exactly this would fall under. Let me know if I should move this!

Ring Racers launched recently, and while there's been some surface level buzz about it I haven't seen anybody diving into secrets and unlockables yet. I've gotten hooked up on the ancient shrines, which you can find in tricky locations on the maps if you know where to look - one of these is in the Rings Tutorial.

Has anybody figured out what exactly these shrines require you to do? Despite finding them, no button - on my controller or keyboard - seems like it's going to do anything. This "play a melody" might be something you unlock later... - I've only beaten the first three cups so far and became intrigued by them while spraycan hunting.

image.thumb.png.f5fde8ab4ab602a88d1f2a4a95c93104.png

Thanks all! :wave:

*Update - Got a half-answer from a friend...

Spoiler

"Equip a certain pet and honk"

...Guess I've got more unlocking to do before I touch these! If anybody's cracked it themselves yet, let me know!

Edited by niaco

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hypersonic06

• niaco

• Cric1221

• Halkel Thundslash

The buddy you want is the "Mystic Melody".

Spoiler

You can unlock it by finding a secret in Lost Colony or, if you're feeling lazy, using a chao key on the "???: Find a secret" box over the Aqua Cup box.

Anybody know what this means?  Because I can't for the life of me figure it out. 

17141919947352452964991770237027.thumb.jpg.c7c83c32ce67fad92422105387cfa822.jpg

The game even has an empty slot in the corner so that you can't unlock it with keys.  I really want to figure out what this secret is.

Edited by Hypersonic06

• The title was changed to Dr. Robotnik's Ring Racers Help Topic

The melody is on the upper rafters of lost colony in the room with all the boxes. You need to do some minor parkour to get there

Also How do you honk? and what do the shrines look like? supposedly you need to play the melody in regal ruins to unlock tails doll...

Edited by Cric1221

23 hours ago, Cric1221 said:

The melody is on the upper rafters of lost colony in the room with all the boxes. You need to do some minor parkour to get there

Also How do you honk? and what do the shrines look like? supposedly you need to play the melody in regal ruins to unlock tails doll...

image.png.4a178101b5e466bbe375e0d9867f36e1.png

Pretty much how you'd expect them to look in Sonic Adventure 2. You turn your back to it then look back at it to honk. Much like any player. I found 3 of these so far. this one in Lost Colony that unlocks Maria, City Escape, and this one which is trapped behind a gate in Darkvile Castle Act 2 I haven't figured out how to enter yet. 
image.png.4b5fe813ffec4f1a257a3163728d28b2.png

EDIT: Found the switch and unlocked the gate. Learnt there's hidden switches from Storm Rig that requires you to lob something at it to unlock a nearby door. This cannot be done in Free Play mode as you only have Rings and Super Sneakers otherwise.

Edited by Halkel Thundslash

I'm curious to see what unlocks when I get all emeralds in this gamemode, I want to make sure I'm not just beating the special stages for bragging purposes.image.png.85aa60ca7ccf6c3b5c900fb07b7186dd.png