Awoo.

What do you find Nostalgic About the Classic Sonic Games?

Cyb3rkn1ght

Some fans are new here, Some fans have been around since the console wars. I'm TOTALLY not using this for an Analog horror story, what? Nah.

What I Find nostalgic is the happy, cheery feeling of the games. Most things don't ever go wrong, and everyone lives, no matter what they are in the story. The Chaos, Super, and Master Emeralds are mysterious, and so are the Time Stones

What about you guys?

Edited by Cyb3rkn1ght
  • Thumbs Up 1

What makes the classic games nostalgic to me is really the music, to be honest. Now I know I didn't exactly grow up on these games but there's something to them that really put me at ease, I'm a really big fan of Classic Sonic and grew up on the shows When Sonic was all small and stuff lol So It really just makes me happy to reunite with a sonic I know. Also, MY older half-brother is a real reason why I got into Sonic really, I used to spend tons of time with them, and ofc they had more games than I did Sonic CD was a game I often played at his house. Sonic CD music really remind me of the times when I was minding my own business playing until my mom came to pick me up.

• Fist Bump 1

God, the music hits so hard! I started playing Sonic a year or two ago and my first game was Sonic 1! I also love classic Sonic a lot, he's so cute!

• Thumbs Up 1

I’d say the fast paced game play, the momentum and maybe the simple controls that had one button to do things. Plus, the vibrant worlds and the challenges in levels. It was so dang fun!

• Nice Smile 1

I agree that the music in classic Sonic games is extremely nostalgic, but I think what makes them so familiar to me is the sound effects. The jump noise, the little twinge the spikes make when you hit them, the springs, etc. Just, every time I hear them it’s like an immediate click.

• Thumbs Up 1

The colorful but tasteful presentation, the silly ideas they'd come up with, and definitely the music, for me. I've got the most nostalgia for CD, and man... That Toei intro with You Can Do Anything behind it always gets me feeling a certain way. I love how distinctly itself CD feels. These games were dripping with weird new ideas and a ton of personality.

Hmmm...the music certainly plays a factor. Every time I hear Emerald Hill Zone, I'm immediately brought back to when I first played it. But I think what I find most nostalgic is just the overall experience I had playing the classic games. Back then, they were some of the first games I ever played. I was fascinated by the colors and sounds, and I just got hooked from there. I also remember so many of my peers wanted to play as well, so we would argue who got the controller next after a game-over XD