Awoo.

Sonic Annual Celebrations Going Forward

The DOMinator

I was going to make this a status update, but figured it would be better as a topic of discussion. Judging from the wording for the Fearless: Year of Shadow press release, specifically regarding "annual celebrations," I'm curious as to how long they can keep this going. I mean, you had a year of Sonic, seeing an expansion of the franchise in different mediums, and some polishing of both Sonic as a character and the franchise as a whole. Then there was the Fast Friends Forever campaign, which focused on Sonic's main friends: Tails, Knuckles, and Amy. They made more appearances, had similar touch ups on their characterization, etc. Now it's Shadow's turn, which is shaping up to be similar to the previous events. After that though, who else do you turn to? At least with everybody used so far, they're main characters; they're the ones both fans and non fans alike recognize, for the most part at least. And therefore, the most profitable. I mean, who else can you use to garner such attraction? I guess a year of Eggman/Robotnik is in order, although, I don't know what positive spin you could put on him that isn't an attribute to any of the previously mentioned characters, such as never giving up. So Sonic Stadium, what's your opinion on this? Who else can be used? Should a new strategy be taken going forward?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The DOMinator

• GX -The Spindash-

On 4/22/2024 at 11:41 AM, GX -The Spindash- said:

There's only one celebration that matters every year, and it's Sonic's 30th anniversary!

Agreed! It's essentially been the catalyst for everything that has happened as of late. So many good things that came out of that year!