Awoo.

The chaos emeralds: a uncovering of ancient mysteries

Itzyaboi64

"The servers are the 7 Chaos. Chaos is power... Power enriched by the heart. The controller is the one that unifies the Chaos."- Tikal

Hello I'm Seth. I've been trying to figure out what makes the Chaos Emeralds tick ever since I got into the franchise. These mystic gems are mysterious and confusing due to the many lore inconsistencies of the franchise. In this form me and other sonic stadium members will uncover all there is to make  the Chaos Emeralds make sense.

To start things off I want to show some crazy things that will make a lot of things more clear so people can understand this as well as possible.

1] The super emeralds. Okay so I bet most people will not know this but...

THE SUPER EMERALDS ARE NOT REAL!!! As much as I want them to be real they were never cannon. Christian Whitehead quotes

"There stone relics, created in their absence when the Chaos Emeralds once again drifted off into the special stage dimension."

Which means in doomsday in sonic 3 and knuckles it is not hyper sonic but rather a incomplete version of super sonic. Now we know hyper sonic flashes the color of the chaos emeralds in his "form". Basically its his super form turning on and off rapidly with the small light of his incomplete super form shining through the relics as they deactivate and reactive. The Chaos Emeralds are supposed to be in the altar in Hidden Palace Zone, but as we know. Sonic needs thom
to defeat his enemies. Once he defeats them, the chaos Emeralds are gone, but they go into a Special Dimension where you can collect
them later. What happens at the altar is that stone relics are created or formed due to the void left in the Chaos Emeralds' respective
positions.

I will have more soon but I want to see the fans show this forum some theories and lore about the emeralds.

-Seth

• Thumbs Up 1

I heard that one day, the whole gang will perish because they can't control the energy of the emeralds. Only Sonic and Shadow will live. I am torn between if this is right or wrong.

I've put a good amount of thought into the Chaos Emeralds before, given the limited information we have about them - and I'm never able to come to a solid conclusion of what they really areWe just don't know enough about them, and whatever we do know is too cryptic for us to figure them out.

I think this is what Sonic Team wants. They don't want the Emeralds to have a determinate meaning or origin. The ambiguity of the Emeralds is what makes them so interesting - otherwise, we wouldn't be talking about them right now.

If you want my personal theory on them, I think Tikal's Prayer might just be a clever fourth wall break. "The Controller is the one that unifies the Chaos" could be referring to us, the player, the one that "controls" the characters. Most of the Sonic games revolve around us collecting the Chaos Emeralds and "unifying" them to go Super.

I do hope Sonic Team eventually decides to flesh out all these magic gemstones that permeate the series. The Master Emerald, Chaos Emeralds, Phantom Ruby, Warp Topaz, Black Onyx, etc... even after all these years, we still know little to nothing about where they all come from. Personally, I think they're one of the most interesting mysteries in the Sonic universe, so it would make me beyond happy to see them be expanded upon.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like the idea of "the controller" as a 4th wall break, though I think that "The controller" refers either to the person who controls the power of chaos (the one who "enriches" the power with "heart", the user of the emeralds), or to the Master Emerald, which can control and even nullify the power of the Chaos Emeralds (but itself doesn't have the same type of power the regular emeralds do).

The Master Emerald might be sentient too, it can show visions/illusions and each shard seem to sense the other ones to let the character find all of them and repair the stone when broken.

In my opinion/headcanon, the Chaos Emeralds are ancestral items that come from an age even prior to the one of the "ancients". The "ancients" used the power of the emeralds for their technology, though they didn't know about the Master Emerald, so they can't be the ones who created them. The Chaos Emeralds in their origin were probably separated on several different planets, they were the Ancients who collected all of them and brought them all in one place (probably causing the rage of "The End" who likely attacked them for that very reason).

What they really are, there's no way to know because they come from a context that was barely referenced only in one game, and we know nothing of.

• Thumbs Up 1

The chaos emerald abilities are really interesting too. I think the adventure series really gave us a good idea of what the chaos emeralds can do. For instance the infamous Chaos Control. Maybe it has to do with Tikal's Prayer. The reason I want to talk about the abilities is because I was recently playing adventure 2 multiplayer with a friend and we were like " Chaos Sphere? That's interesting". I will definitely have a lot more on this but i'm mainly going to talk about some of the abilities shown in adventure 2, Shadow '05 and everyone's favorite game '06.

Did you know Chaos Control can be done without any chaos emeralds? Well according to Shadow '05 it can be done. At the end of the game when Black Doom clearly has all seven of the emeralds, Shadow uses chaos control. Its definitely not an error because multiple characters repeatedly say     "Use Chaos Control!". Another instance is in Sonic Battle. In battle shadow has many different chaos control related abilities. In the campaign shadow give emeral the last chaos emerald for his collection. After this transaction Emeral has all seven meaning he has no chaos emeralds but is still able to use his abilities because he has Maria in his heart.

• Fist Bump 1

• 2 weeks later...

What is better: the seven Chaos Emeralds or The Master Emerald?

power wise